IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

1 minute ago, One Team said:

What is Williams thinking there? Was going to be a booking all day long. 

Thinking, we’ve had 60% possession so far this half, silenced the majority of the den let’s not let that all go to waste on this possible counter 

Edit: In saying that, joe is 100% the type of player to get a red in a game like this 

Edited by George Rs
1 minute ago, Spike said:

I mean it's differing opinions. I mean I'm not unhappy that we're stopping them but we're also incapable of breaking them down, I mean unless we're going for a 0-0 draw every game

I don’t disagree that we need a bit more invention in the final third but sometimes games are won by being solid, creating two or three good chances and making sure you take at least one of them.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You do realise there is a team trying to nullify us and close down our passing options? And a team that are pretty good at it.

Then surely you change formation or try something different rather than just hoofing the ball up to a short striker being marked by a giant? All it ends up in is loss of possession over and over and over 

3 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Thinking, we’ve had 60% possession so far this half, silenced the majority of the den let’s not let that all go to waste on this possible counter 

Edit: In saying that, joe is 100% the type of player to get a red in a game like this 

Especially given that Keith Stroud is "refereeing" the game.

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Then surely you change formation or try something different rather than just hoofing the ball up to a short striker being marked by a giant? All it ends up in is loss of possession over and over and over 

We aren't even hoofing it forward that much...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

I think the thought process - right or wrong - is we start with a solid, disciplined team who won’t let Millwall get too much of a foothold and may grab something on the break but lack some of the creativity and risk-taking of Naismith or Mehmeti (both a plus and a minus).

If we fall behind or it stays 0-0 part way through the second half, I suspect that is when the tactics will change. Right now I suspect the coaching staff are relatively satisfied to keep it tight.

• Like 1