IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

3 minutes ago, TheReds said:

My sarcastic point was to point out how many who said he was awful last week (despite his throw in leading to our goal) have said he was decent today? It's like a deep routed implanted thought for some posters that simply cannot change no matter what, he has to be terrible every week, if he is decent it's a one off etc etc. Wait until he has a poor game or make some poor decisions and they will be back on like a shot slating the bloke.

One poster who is always negative put a "sigh" next to Cornicks name when he came on, then called one of his plays "comical". I am sure he has gave his in depth analysis post match regarding Cornick.... No, not a peep.

TBF - I don't know how Cornick will turn out long term for us, but he is our player, deserves our support and at least given a fair chance. Some people just don't seem to want to give him that, or quite simply are unable to. They always need someone who they can pick out to slate, probably to try and make themselves feel better.

Anyway, a great 3 points and Cornick done a good job today.

Its sad that people like that can't criticise unless its to mock or undermine an individual.

It say more about that person than the player imo.

• Like 4

How many Bristol City managers would have the nerve to introduce a teenage kid who has, I think, just signed his first professional contract. I can only think of two in my lifetime.

Inspired thinking by NP as the lad Yeboah must have run his guts out to not allow their defenders a peaceful last ten to pound our defence with long balls.

We may not make it this year but it won't be for want of trying. COYREDS.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2
7 minutes ago, TheReds said:

My sarcastic point was to point out how many who said he was awful last week (despite his throw in leading to our goal) have said he was decent today? It's like a deep routed implanted thought for some posters that simply cannot change no matter what, he has to be terrible every week, if he is decent it's a one off etc etc. Wait until he has a poor game or make some poor decisions and they will be back on like a shot slating the bloke.

One poster who is always negative put a "sigh" next to Cornicks name when he came on, then called one of his plays "comical". I am sure he has gave his in depth analysis post match regarding Cornick.... No, not a peep.

TBF - I don't know how Cornick will turn out long term for us, but he is our player, deserves our support and at least given a fair chance. Some people just don't seem to want to give him that, or quite simply are unable to. They always need someone who they can pick out to slate, probably to try and make themselves feel better.

Anyway, a great 3 points and Cornick done a good job today.

Yep defo. A good option from the bench.

1 hour ago, bcfcnick said:

Great win and a battling performance. A new improved contract to get Zak to extend would be one of the best uses of some of the transfer cash.

He's been our best player in 3/3 games so far. I'm worried we're going to have to cash in on him now when somebody offers a wedge for him. I was thinking in the week that the Cam Pring rumours were a smokescreen, and scouts were probably looking at Zak. Sadly I don't think we'll be able to offer him a good enough revised contract (and I know the one we've already offered was embarassing).

• Like 1

Still very early to judge on what’s ahead for the lad , but to bring yaboah on with 5 - 10 to go away to Millwall says a lot about Pearson thinks of him , could have easily just taken him for the experience but to actually put him on with so much left to play for is very brave . ( no more signings of clubs in the bag at city ) 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not many pay up front, think Mike Ashley did for a while but would be surprised if it is common practice with many these days.

Plain daft in a high inflation high interest rate world. Why do you think West Ham wanted more cash up front recently? Penny dropping for some sellers. Think our esteemed leader could work that one out. High inflation means you ultimately get less in real terms, plus risks mentioned earlier.

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Still very early to judge on what’s ahead for the lad , but to bring yaboah on with 5 - 10 to go away to Millwall says a lot about Pearson thinks of him , could have easily just taken him for the experience but to actually put him on with so much left to play for is very brave . ( no more signings of clubs in the bag at city ) 

He slipped on first touch and was probably just full of adrenaline, after that he settled down seems to have simular pace to Sproule which translates to effin fast. I thought he did OK.

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Plain daft in a high inflation high interest rate world. Why do you think West Ham wanted more cash up front recently? Penny dropping for some sellers. Think our esteemed leader could work that one out. High inflation means you ultimately get less in real terms, plus risks mentioned earlier.

I don't think so - we're not limited by cash due to Lansdown, we're limited by how much we can spend due to FFP

The £25m goes in our accounts this year regardless of how or when it's paid, meaning we can spend money now which is our limiting factor. So when the actual money hits our account doesn't really make a difference I don't think.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I've been quite impressed by Mehmeti. He can be guilty of holding the ball for too long at times, but that's fairly normal for a young winger. IMO, it's great that he wants to take responsibility and make something happen when he get's the ball - and he clearly has the technical ability to be very dangerous at this level. He was absolutely excellent against Oxford in midweek.

FWIW, Mehmeti and Sykes would be my 'first choice' wingers for us at this moment in time.

Be the show pony when winning by a margin by all means but not when its 0-0  and the game is far from won.

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

How many Bristol City managers would have the nerve to introduce a teenage kid who has, I think, just signed his first professional contract. I can only think of two in my lifetime.

Inspired thinking by NP as the lad Yeboah must have run his guts out to not allow their defenders a peaceful last ten to pound our defence with long balls.

We may not make it this year but it won't be for want of trying. COYREDS.

Exactly my sentiments

Just now, IAmNick said:

I don't think so - we're not limited by cash due to Lansdown, we're limited by how much we can spend due to FFP

The £25m goes in our accounts this year regardless of how or when it's paid, meaning we can spend money now which is our limiting factor. So when the actual money hits our account doesn't really make a difference I don't think.

Accounts not the aspect I'm talking about. Value in real terms and attendant risks.

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

One small negative, predictable, poorly executed near post corners

Apart from that absolutely buzzing- Weston Vintages in the chiller 

Funny, I was thinking how our corners were unusually good today. 

Having said that, I'll forgive you anything due to your choice of cider. Nothing else comes close.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My only real issue today was with the officials. Felt we had a good shout for a penalty and I think they allowed Millwall to literally push us off of the ball at times. 

Also the injury time was a joke. As it was against Preston. OK today it worked in our favour but that should have been 8/9 mins today at least. 

The extra, extra time is something we’ll have to get used to with the new rules in place sadly.

I thought our 6 minutes last week wasn’t too bad once I’d got on the P&R bus and noticed most other games were still going on.

I know they’re trying to get more minutes of actual play in but I think I’d prefer the old system. Even with the old system we’d have still had time to score today I think.