IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

True grit.

Good team spirit and togetherness, All for one and one for all . . . . and all that stuff.

Pearson and the coaching have taught the players how to defend and battle, and how to apply the deadly killer blow.

Nice.

Exactly this. Kind of result we have given away often over the seasons to hard working well drilled sides at AG who do a job on us.

Was shown just before our goal, when Max makes his best save of the game and Cornick gets in a cracking block. These games can so easily go the other way.

We are not great quite clicking going forward, but hard to beat and break down. Always gives us a chance. Would have taken the 0-0 as welooked better than last week, but bloody delighted with the win.

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’d pay a lot of money for A 30 yard dipping  volley from Yeboah now. 

Genuine question... how much?! [I'd have loved that too btw]

34 minutes ago, Sturny said:

How’s Mehmeti playing? 

He was sharp and relentless, I thought.

I also thought Bell was a stand out performer minur some end product.

What a delightful effing win that was. 

In my opinion, we didn't win that game in injury time. We won it in the first 5 minutes when we calmly took control of the game and stamped our authority for much of the match.

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Happy with 4 points from them two games.

I personally thought we were lucky to come away with a point v Preston, but well deserving of the win today. 

Taken in the whole, we've had a promising start to the season. Let's get our first 3 points at home next week!!

• Like 4

Enjoyed watching that and thought we deserved the win, having been the better side especially second half of the first and after the subs came on. Hard to find fault with anyone although Tanner looks to have gone a little backwards since last season, and Sykes (who I'm a big fan of) didn't have his best game. Positives all over the pitch, Vyner outstanding again, suddenly his passing has become sumptuous, and Dickie next to him looking a colossus. Midfield composed and classy despite not having much space to manoeuvre in, attackers all looking a threat, Wells's running holding it all together. When the subs came on they all managed to look impressive, and Cornick had surely his best appearance for us to date. Other than the goal, the two best moments for me though were a first half City corner where Millwall cleared the ball up into the sky and both sets of players assumed it had gone out of play, only for it to drop (what seemed like) several minutes later to comical scenes of  surprise, and Bell falling over running on to celebrate. I think I'll have a glass of wine.

Edited by Porto Red
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1
7 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Two bloody tough teams to play against, I’m delighted overall and we are going to get better! 

Normally against BOTH teams we'd be reading stuff post match along the lines of - we got bullied,  too physical for us, didn't allow us to play our game.

It's nice to get these 2 fixtures out of the way with 4 points to our name.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Porto Red said:

Enjoyed watching that and thought we deserved the win, having been the better side especially second half of the first and after the subs came on. Hard to find fault with anyone although Tanner looks to have gone a little backwards since last season, and Sykes (who I'm a big fan of) didn't have his best game. Positives all over the pitch, Vyner outstanding again, suddenly his passing has become sumptuous, and Dickie next to him looking a colossus. Midfield composed and classy despite not having much space to manoeuvre in, attackers all looking a threat, Wells's running holding it all together. When the subs came on they all managed to look impressive, and Cornick had surely his best appearance for us to date. Two best moments for me though were a first half City corner where Millwall cleared the ball up into the sky and both sets of players assumed it had gone out of play, only for it to drop (what seemed like) several minutes later to comical scenes of  surprise, and Bell falling over running on to celebrate. I think I'll have a glass of wine.

I personally think Tanner did a lot of tidy defensive stuff, but that's just the way I saw it.

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's almost as if he's a decent player at this level...

It's almost as if he played in the Championship for a number of years and maybe trying to get used to what Pearson wants from him. 

He was written off after 25 minutes last week. But I am sure the same posters are on praising him today for a bit of balance.

• Like 2
Just now, Porto Red said:

Enjoyed watching that and thought we deserved the win, having been the better side especially second half of the first and after the subs came on. Hard to find fault with anyone although Tanner looks to have gone a little backwards since last season, and Sykes (who I'm a big fan of) didn't have his best game. Positives all over the pitch, Vyner outstanding again, suddenly his passing has become sumptuous, and Dickie next to him looking a colossus. Midfield composed and classy despite not having much space to manoeuvre in, attackers all looking a threat, Wells's running holding it all together. When the subs came on they all managed to look impressive, and Cornick had surely his best appearance for us to date. Two best moments for me though were a first half City corner where Millwall cleared the ball up into the sky and both sets of players assumed it had gone out of play, only for it to drop (what seemed like) several minutes later to comical scenes of  surprise, and Bell falling over running on to celebrate. I think I'll have a glass of wine.

I'll join you. My only downer is Mehmeti who I think is a bit of a show pony rather than a work horse

5 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Being tight at the back makes a huge difference. Only conceding twice in the 1st 3 games is a brilliant achievement & gives the defence a lot of confidence.  Depth on the bench is so much better than 12 months ago too.

If we can concede at just 0.66 goals per game for the rest of the season then we likely only need to score 45 or so to get top 6.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, TDarwall said:

Being tight at the back makes a huge difference. Only conceding twice in the 1st 3 games is a brilliant achievement & gives the defence a lot of confidence.  Depth on the bench is so much better than 12 months ago too.

If we could get Weimann & McCrorie available we have decent numbers, especially as we are bound to add at least one now Scott has departed.

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, mozo said:

Genuine question... how much?! [I'd have loved that too btw]

He was sharp and relentless, I thought.

I also thought Bell was a stand out performer minur some end product.

What a delightful effing win that was. 

In my opinion, we didn't win that game in injury time. We won it in the first 5 minutes when we calmly took control of the game and stamped our authority for much of the match.

Of my own money for a 1-0 win away at Millwall? Probably £40.