IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

According to FotMob, Twine has created 45 chances in the Championship this season, 20 more than the nearest City player Taylor Gardner Hickman on 25. Manager  widely acknowledged that currently we lack creativity, the signing of the Burnley midfielder (who LM has worked with previously) could help improve that.

• Thanks 1

Looks like we are interested in twine but burnley want 5m, which I think is ridiculous for a player who has absolutely no future there. He has only really had his best season at leauge one level, if I was city I wouldn't go above 2.5m for him giving he is a good player clearly and only 24. Maybe one to revisit in the summer I'd imagine, I do really like our targets though, let's just hope we can speed things up and get the final peice to the puzzle sooner rather then later.

Edited by BCFC31

We are not signing him for 5 million. Not a chance. I’d rather not sign anyone than get ripped off completely. 

I’ve not much hope this window, so when inevitably it is a poor one, disappointment won’t be too high. 

• Like 6

Would a loan with option to buy be possible? Either way, the price is currently to high for us surely. The only way i could see the price coming down a bit is if Burnley go down but then they might choose to keep him.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Jose said:

We are not signing him for 5 million. Not a chance. I’d rather not sign anyone than get ripped off completely. 

I’ve not much hope this window, so when inevitably it is a poor one, disappointment won’t be too high. 

I agree I'm desperate as much as anyone to get some business done but that's just greed from bunely the club can't just be ripped off sod that

Edited by BCFC31

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Why confused @GrahamC?

It made sense to me but then i haven't long woken up! 😂

1. He’s already on loan somewhere else. Why would Burnley recall him?

2. How could it be “a loan to buy” as we think the £5m fee being reported is far too much & clearly won’t pay it? We would only bring him here in those circumstances if like TGH, there is an agreed fee, which if it was the case would suggest a permanent deal could be done now, so no need for a loan.

• Like 1

I think he’d improve us but also think we can do better if patient. Not sure he’d get us top 6 this season. Basically not sure he’d be a star player which is what I think we need. I’d wait until the summer. Maybe can get Twine cheaper AND another big player. I would not push it right now

• Like 1

I‘m probably Twine’s biggest fan on here. 
And as much as I really like him and would love him here, there’s no way I pay £5m for him. 
Particularly as I’d have got him for nothing 3 years ago!! 
In fact, I would be utterly embarrassed for us if we now spend £5 on him!! 

Just now, GrahamC said:

1. He’s already on loan somewhere else. Why would Burnley recall him?

2. How could it be “a loan to buy” as we think the £5m fee being reported is far too much & clearly won’t pay it? We would only bring him here in those circumstances if like TGH, there is an agreed fee, which if it was the case would suggest a permanent deal could be done now, so no need for a loan.

1. So they could sell him. As far as i know he is only on loan to Hull with no agreed price to buy in the summer.

2. Is it not possible to negotiate a better price then and have a TGH deal in place or is the press talk of £5m gospel and set in stone? By your logic of "if there is an agreed fee then we could buy him now, no need for a loan", then why didn't we do that with TGH in the summer? Perhaps we might have more cash available this summer when several of our senior players are out of contract than we do now.

You might not agree but it's hardly confusing.

25 minutes ago, Harry said:

I‘m probably Twine’s biggest fan on here. 
And as much as I really like him and would love him here, there’s no way I pay £5m for him. 
Particularly as I’d have got him for nothing 3 years ago!! 
In fact, I would be utterly embarrassed for us if we now spend £5 on him!! 

As embarrassed as Bournemouth were over Alex Scott? :)

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Exactly, no need for ego in the business. All this should/could/would of talk. Every club misses talent right under their noses. That being said he's not worth 5 million. Half of that maybe.

30 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Exactly, no need for ego in the business. All this should/could/would of talk. Every club misses talent right under their noses. That being said he's not worth 5 million. Half of that maybe.

Agree, people on here claiming we should of got him years ago play too much fm

35 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think Scott was at Bournemouth when he was 13 or something. 
I think it’s a different kind of embarrassment when we’re talking about a 20/21 year old with a clear body of work in the professional adult game who is on a free but you then think about spending £5m 3 years later. 
Plus there’s the big difference of huge Premier League money swashing around at Bournemouth. 
So I think 2 very different levels on these examples. 

• Like 3

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Agree, people on here claiming we should of got him years ago play too much fm

Nonsense. 
I watched him live numerous times. Not on FM. 
You can scroll back to literally tens and tens of posts I made about him back when he was in league 2 and available for free. At a time when we were clearly looking at cutting costs and fees, so him being on a free and local was an ideal opportunity given our circumstances and needs. 

So no, I refute the FM allegation. I’ve seen him play about 25 times. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 3

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

1. So they could sell him. As far as i know he is only on loan to Hull with no agreed price to buy in the summer.

2. Is it not possible to negotiate a better price then and have a TGH deal in place or is the press talk of £5m gospel and set in stone? By your logic of "if there is an agreed fee then we could buy him now, no need for a loan", then why didn't we do that with TGH in the summer? Perhaps we might have more cash available this summer when several of our senior players are out of contract than we do now.

You might not agree but it's hardly confusing.

I think they would sell him, but at their price, not ours. 

If we don’t come up with it, he stays at Hull.

I cannot see why they would cancel the loan if we won’t pay what they want & if we do he’s here permanently, surely?

That’s my confusion with your point.

My hunch with TGH was the board were keeping things very tight financially for Pearson so he got £700k for the loan but no guarantee of anything else.

Maybe we also needed convincing that he was worth £2m?

Seems that the narrative of the budget being used up is no longer strictly the case.

Edited by GrahamC

Just now, Harry said:

Nonsense. 
I watched him live numerous times. Not on FM. 
You can scroll back to literally tens and tens of posts I made about him back when he was in league 2 and available for free. At a time when we were clearly looking at cutting costs and fees, so him being on a free and local was an ideal opportunity given our circumstances and needs. 

So no, I refute the FM allegation. I’ve seen him play about 25 times. 

Just think the pot of players that slip through the net is too vast to blame the club. Posters in here would have probably lost their shit at us signing non league players a few years back. Calm down Harry we all love abit of fm 😂

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think it’s a different kind of embarrassment when we’re talking about a 20/21 year old with a clear body of work in the professional adult game who is on a free but you then think about spending £5m 3 years later. 
Plus there’s the big difference of huge Premier League money swashing around at Bournemouth. 

Yes I know Harry, it was a bit tongue in cheek. I can imagine it must be very frustrating for you after the time you spent on him. 

Do you think he would have suited our previous Managers as much as our current one? Just wondering if we would have had the patience for him to grow into his talent.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Think I said on here before, but a mate of mine (now at Bath, was at Chippenham with when he was….can probably connect the dots) and he (and others in the squad probably) literally couldn’t believe he was playing at that level & couldn’t get a club higher up, despite trying very hard for trials & peopke in the area knowing his quality. 

Stinks of the “we will only start being interested if someone else thinks he’s good first” mentality we have for most young local players

• Like 4

Just think the pot of players that slip through the net is too vast to blame the club. Posters in here would have probably lost their shit at us signing non league players a few years back. Calm down Harry we all love abit of fm 😂

True. Plenty are missed by plenty of clubs. But this one wasn’t ‘missed’ in the true sense of the word. He was ignored. That’s my beef. It wasn’t that we weren’t aware or were too late to the party. We knew all about him but purposely chose not to do it. 
To me that’s different to missing out. It’s a calculated decision. A decision that could end up costing us £5m 🤣🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Harry said:

True. Plenty are missed by plenty of clubs. But this one wasn’t ‘missed’ in the true sense of the word. He was ignored. That’s my beef. It wasn’t that we weren’t aware or were too late to the party. We knew all about him but purposely chose not to do it. 
To me that’s different to missing out. It’s a calculated decision. A decision that could end up costing us £5m 🤣🤣

Yeah know what your saying atleast it wasn't 70mil on pogba 😂

Yeah know what your saying atleast it wasn't 70mil on pogba 😂

Ha ha, true. 
If he goes elsewhere for £5m I won’t particularly care. But if City sign him for £5m (via the same recruitment team in place) then I think it’s embarrassing. 
Saying all that though - I don’t actually think we do spend that on him. 

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I think the issue is:

what is the critical analysis undertaken by the City’s Recruitment team for:

A) players recommended by whatever route, subsequently not taken up by City, who then subsequently prove themselves to be good, and now would cost you £x million to buy

e.g. Twine, Rudoni

B) players that you did buy, but turned out badly (for whatever reason)

e.g. Walsh, Wilson

I haven’t played FM for 10 years plus either.

Twine was a “miss” by City.  He was also a miss for 23 other Championship teams at £300k compensation.  You’ll never get it spot-on, but we need to lessen the “misses”. Some on here saw Twine at Chippenham, I saw him at Newport.  We were on him early from watching him.  Rudoni likewise.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

I think they would sell him, but at their price, not ours. 

If we don’t come up with it, he stays at Hull.

I cannot see why they would cancel the loan if we won’t pay what they want & if we do he’s here permanently, surely?

That’s my confusion with your point.

My hunch with TGH as the board were keeping things very tight financially for Pearson so he got £700k for the loan but no guarantee of anything else.

Maybe we needed convincing that he was worth £2m?

Seems that the narrative of the budget being used up is no longer strictly the case.

Thanks for clarifying and i agree in the main with your points.

I suppose what i'm saying is, if they think they can get rid on a perm deal they will and that would be the reason for a recall and potentially sending him back out.

I don't think anyone will pay £5m for him and that's the sticking point. Do we have a budget for a transfer like that today, i don't think we do. We have some more funds but not to that level. I do think we will be better placed to make a more costly signing(s) in the summer once wages have been freed up.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Twine was on our door step & seems a shame that we didn’t respond to that fact coupled with recommendations.  However, we always hear about the ones that got away but what about those that were also recommended whose careers bombed after the recommendation thus avoiding us wasting money.  Twine seems on parallel with gamblers who only ever tell you about their wins.  I’m genuinely interested in the % of players who were recommended & went on to flourish against the total pool of all recommendations as no idea personally?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1