IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

Apparently will be movement on this one way or another before Tuesday. Clause in loan meant if he was to be recalled, it has to be by mid-Jan, so tomorrow. 

If true, and he’s still there on Tuesday, he won’t be signing for us this window 

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Apparently will be movement on this one way or another before Tuesday. Clause in loan meant if he was to be recalled, it has to be by mid-Jan, so tomorrow. 

If true, and he’s still there on Tuesday, he won’t be signing for us this window 

With Burnley apparently wanting £5m for him, think it’s safe to say that he will be staying where he is….

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

With Burnley apparently wanting £5m for him, think it’s safe to say that he will be staying where he is….

Shame is if he is good enough we have more than enough money to buy him. But you are right too much for Lansdown and that is why we will never progress under his ownership.

I would think Manning is pushing hard to get him in.

But I suspect the fee Burnley want and the amount JL is willing to pay is too far apart even if both sides make compromises. This is where people like Ashton and Gould earn their money. Absolutely delighted to be proven wrong, but I just feel that we don't have anyone on board that can get the sort of players we need through the door.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Shame is if he is good enough we have more than enough money to buy him. But you are right too much for Lansdown and that is why we will never progress under his ownership.

Is it the fee or is it the wages he may wish for.

Wonder what he us in at Burnley, what % Hull are paying.

On paper £5m fee on say a 2.5 year deal for simplicity is £1m in amortisation this year and £2m each subsequent year. £5m/3.5 is £0.714m and £1.428m respectively.

How high will and should we go though..we know TV money set to rise by £2-3m next year. £20k per week, more?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is it the fee or is it the wages he may wish for.

Wonder what he us in at Burnley, what % Hull are paying.

On paper £5m fee on say a 2.5 year deal for simplicity is £1m in amortisation this year and £2m each subsequent year. £5m/3.5 is £0.714m and £1.428m respectively.

How high will and should we go though..we know TV money set to rise by £2-3m next year. £20k per week, more?

I would have thought he would have had a clause in his contract that he would have got a pay rise when they got promoted . 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

People wanting us to spend £5m on this lad are clearly wilfully ignorant of what we've had to go through for the last 3 years.

There is truth but the market has changed again this season. The summer saw a bit of a seachange in spending restraints across the division set against the last 2 years.

Do tend to agree but is a tough balancing act. If you don't participate can you be superseded a bit.

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I would have thought he would have had a clause in his contract that he would have got a pay rise when they got promoted . 

Yes in the way wages fall with relegation, a rise could be a factor with promotion. After all a big gap between PL TV cash and Year 1 Parachutes alone.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

52 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

People wanting us to spend £5m on this lad are clearly wilfully ignorant of what we've had to go through for the last 3 years.

Has one person suggested it’d be good business? 

Not that I’ve seen loads of him, but he has done nothing at Hull or Burnley to suggest that half that fee would be warranted. 

Would definitely help us be more creative and knows how Manning plays……would prefer a perm deal, rather than a loan but not at the £5m rumoured price tag.

Guess we will know pretty quickly, based on a couple of press articles today, suggesting that Hull loan deal has a recall clause which is date specific - per @petehinton post earlier 

The bottom line is. If the morons running the club are actually serious about promotion then the level of player needed has to rise dramatically . A bit like hull are doing . Because we haven’t had a sustainable way of playing & bought into it for years like a Brighton/brentford or a Swansea of the past ten years . The only way we can do it is by spending again . Is twine that next level ? I’ve not watched him enough to have an opinion  . He’s not tearing the league up or being a driving force for hull from what I can see . It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we panic & sign him though . Not with history the lansdowns have got . 

• Like 1

I know people are saying 5million is a lot, but today’s prices is it? Yes we should’ve got him free back then, but we didn’t, but had he joined us he’d prob wouldn’t be half the player is now, name a better player or players we could get for 5 million?

2 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I know people are saying 5million is a lot, but today’s prices is it? Yes we should’ve got him free back then, but we didn’t, but had he joined us he’d prob wouldn’t be half the player is now, name a better player or players we could get for 5 million?

Yes! 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The bottom line is. If the morons running the club are actually serious about promotion then the level of player needed has to rise dramatically . A bit like hull are doing . Because we haven’t had a sustainable way of playing & bought into it for years like a Brighton/brentford or a Swansea of the past ten years . The only way we can do it is by spending again . Is twine that next level ? I’ve not watched him enough to have an opinion  . He’s not tearing the league up or being a driving force for hull from what I can see . It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we panic & sign him though . Not with history the lansdowns have got . 

And that is a major deviation from the plan Nige, RG put in place, that was based on steady progress without needing the outlay / risky outlay.

Even if Twine is that good, he alone isn’t enough.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And that is a major deviation from the plan Nige, RG put in place, that was based on steady progress without needing the outlay / risky outlay.

Even if Twine is that good, he alone isn’t enough.

Exactly . That’s why I’m so pissed off still. It’s not about nige being sacked as such, the way he was  yes. It’s treating us like ******* idiots . Just feed them some bullshit . Without that long sustainable plan , that we’ve never achieved under the lansdowns through their (bored of saying it) lack of football knowledge means we have  to rip it up again . That reason is because of the pressure they’ve put themselves & manning under with the ridiculous press conferences & they’ve left themselves nowhere to go . It’s 100% on them . They can’t sack manning in a years time , blame him after not backing him & it’s obvious from their statements that we expect to be competing top end. The only way short term to do that is spending . If not this month then it’s going to be a hell of a lot of turmoil in the summer. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Nixon reiterates on Twitter a point raised by some posters, next few days or not at all.

If the price is 5 million… it just isn’t worth it, right?

Not many are worth that imo . As I said before though. The brains trust have backed themselves into a corner really . Want / should apparently be competing top end , now . We need much better players to do that. It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve made a panic signing . 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not many are worth that imo . As I said before though. The brains trust have backed themselves into a corner really . Want / should apparently be competing top end , now . We need much better players to do that. It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve made a panic signing . 

The debacle of early November was always going to have long reaching consequences. Be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Could Sykes at number 10 be worth a shout as skilful, fast & scored a few.  He’s technically very good and much as I love Knight he’s so not a 10 & this frees him up to drop deeper where he will be even better. Surely it’s easier and less money to sign a Right sided forward/winger than a 10?

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Nixon reiterates on Twitter a point raised by some posters, next few days or not at all.

If the price is 5 million… it just isn’t worth it, right?

Where does 5 million come from, looked back they only paid 4 million a couple of years ago and frankly has done next to nothing for them and is now on loan at a championship club , not sure it will be anything like that 

3 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Where does 5 million come from, looked back they only paid 4 million a couple of years ago and frankly has done next to nothing for them and is now on loan at a championship club , not sure it will be anything like that 

That's their value, worse comes to worst they can use him again in the Championship.