IGNORED

Hull City away match thread

4 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Immediate thoughts

Enjoyed our performance, attitude and work rate. We looked a totally different team from the home games against PNE and Brum.

Certainly deserved a point and tbh with the number of excellent chances we created we could have won it. The team overall played well, I’d single out Sykes as MotM, thought he was dangerous and his assist was superb. Zak threw in a couple of very sloppy passes late on (hoped he had eradicated them from his game) 

A huge shout out to the 408 traveling fans brilliant effort and support.

A very good point against a team who expected to record a home win.

It looks like teams will be coming down with a plan to stop us. PNE & Brum did a job on us and we need to get an alternative way around it. Away, and  teams have more of a need to come out and it gives us room to play. Need to sort it soon though.

• Like 3

Thought Hull were very efficient but no stand out dangers. 

They remind me of Sheff U last season. Not spectacular but get the job done when they get the ball.

Thought we played really well when they couldn't break our press. Don't think that Seri miss placed a pass all game and we still created a fair few chances.

Super enjoyable game to watch and really glad we came home with something, fully deserved that at least. Possibly and probably more.

Thought another long throw was gunna fall for us at the end there. Fair play to Wells and Cornick leading the line today, both did really well.

On to the next, COYR. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, TheBigFatWurzel said:

Cornick putting in a good shift, God knows why he didn't start him, he reminds me of Mark Viduka in his style. COYRs 

Its pretty clear that Wells should start in the middle, we need to accommodate a fit Tommy next to Wells as those 2 formed a really dangerous partnership, Cornick off the bench is a nice option, did well when he came on but I think Bells pace justified his start as he pinned back any danger they tried to create down that side, anonymous going forward though.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ChrisBW said:

I’m not sure Preston Millwall and Birmingham though that about us 

If you didn’t enjoy that away performance, barring the poor goal conceded, against a good side that we’ve dominated for a good chunks of the game. You’re either very young and haven’t watched us much before or football isn’t really your thing.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hull and their wage bill has surged as per their owner a year ago, whereas we have been heading lower.

Hull also sign PL loanees, yes £20m for Lewis-Potter. £30-35m across Scott and Semenyo.

Talking of PL loans. Twine nearly makes Antony look two footed. Expected more of a threat from him. 

Edited by Jose

I've been drinking , but IMHO...

Knight , very very good. I'm liking what I've seen so far over the 4 games.
Sykes, should never be dropped for Cornick , who TBF came on and looked good.
Pring's best game this season.
The rest solid and decent. But  a shout out for Max, caught a few crosses, made every save he needed to and distribution better.

• Like 1

Just as we were last year, we’re a better team going forward with Naismith at the back. I appreciate that’s not how it’s supposed to work but alas, it does.

Also thought Bell was quite poor and, while a threat with his constant running and pace, looks a passenger in possession. He just doesn’t make it stick. Still think he gets a bit of a free pass simply because he’s an academy product

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

If you didn’t enjoy that away performance, barring the poor goal conceded, against a good side that we’ve dominated for a good chunks of the game. You’re either very young and haven’t watched us much before or football isn’t really your thing.

You seem to be getting previous games confused with tonight’s fixture.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, ChrisBW said:

You seem to be getting previous games confused with tonight’s fixture.

Are you really a City fan?

I mean we have some negative posters on here, but **** me you seem to be on another level. Could've conceded 4 or 5, Hull missed best chances, Hull could've won it twice. 

Did you watch the game looking at the radio?

8 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Its pretty clear that Wells should start in the middle, we need to accommodate a fit Tommy next to Wells as those 2 formed a really dangerous partnership, Cornick off the bench is a nice option, did well when he came on but I think Bells pace justified his start as he pinned back any danger they tried to create down that side, anonymous going forward though.

Cornick with Yeboah, and Bell playing off him, then Harry will be banging in 25 goals this season! If not I'll eat my hat! 

1 minute ago, TheReds said:

Are you really a City fan?

I mean we have some negative posters on here, but **** me you seem to be on another level. Could've conceded 4 or 5, Hull missed best chances, Hull could've won it twice. 

Did you watch the game looking at the radio?

-they scored, they hit the post, twine free kick, Connolly missed 1-1 and max save from him on the angle. Pretty clear and obvious.

• Haha 2
Just now, The Journalist said:

Was the Wells offside goal actually offside? I missed the replays and discussion at the time.

FWIW, when it happened live I thought he was off and was surprised the flag didn’t go up… then it did.

I think it probably was, but what annoyed me was Wells looks at the Lino, he obviously doesn't flag .
Then lets it go for several second until the Ref from a shit angle gives it offside. Maybe the right decision, but pure guesswork.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ChrisBW said:

-they scored, Good move and Goal TBF

they hit the post, shot off target

twine free kick, easy save from Max

Connolly missed 1-1 and max save from him on the angle. You do get that's why O'Leary is in the team right?

Pretty clear and obvious. Yes, when you ignore our clear cut chances.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1