IGNORED

Post Hull Thoughts

Silvio Dante

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I still reckon he was onside when the pass was played anyway, regardless of what happened! ???

image.png.3234a3809c5a69f30dec5daf8714e0fd.png

Very close (closer than I remember) but I'd probably say offside there

15 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

That goal by Assombolonga was an ffing joke. He was miles off and Taylor Moore tracked his run but misjudged his header and the ball fell to Assombolonga who scored. Was shocking that it was given 

As above, wasn't "miles" off and that's the rules (albeit a shit rule) - a deliberate play like that means onside. It's not an offence just to be in an offside position.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

image.png.3234a3809c5a69f30dec5daf8714e0fd.png

Very close (closer than I remember) but I'd probably say offside there

As above, wasn't "miles" off and that's the rules (albeit a shit rule) - a deliberate play like that means onside. It's not an offence just to be in an offside position.

Yeah, pretty tight, that freeze frame the ball has just gone too.  Certainly see why the Lino / Ref might not have even considered Moore’s header.

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Quite.

19 in total just 5 of those "on target" - however that's defined these days (keeper made a save?) 

Pearson argued Post match that several more required blocks by defenders so we had more than that "on target". 

7 blocked I think…so you could argue 12 on target, just 5 requiring the keeper’s intervention.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ORANGE500 said:

Can we stop with this false accusation  that the squad is thin the first team squad has 25 players( average number for a Championship side) backed up by a number of players from one of the best and most productive academies in the country.The club has endured great misfortune regarding injuries but it would not be sustainable to have around 45 first team players many being paid and never actually playing just to provide cover for any potential absentees.

Hmm

Is a bit thin yes when one considers the composition. 45 is patently ridiculous and dare I say a bit of a straw man.

Let's look at the squad and composition, is thin in parts.

GK:

O'Leary, Bajic, Wiles-Richards

Two very untested GK, fine when O'Leary fit and available but when not..

DF:

Tanner, McCrorie, Vyner, Dickie, Atkinson, Pring, Roberts

McCrorie and Atkinson unavailable for indeterminate periods of time

CM:

Naismith, James, Williams, Knight, Gardner-Hickman, King

Yes that is reasonable although perhaps lacks a large creative type

Wide players of varying types:

Sykes, Cornick, Bell, Mehmeti, Benarous

Benarous unavailable for an indeterminate amount of time

FW:

Conway, Weimann, Wells

Conway our for months, Weimann seems to have a recurring issue.

Leeson, Knight-Lebel, Araoye and Yeboah sure but they are just pushing through, to what extent can they step up to Championship football right now- the rigour of a long season.

Not as if Bell, Benarous or Comway have a wealth of experience either. Is the balance quite right.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2023 at 08:22, AnumRed said:

Think there is some what of a fear factor amongst the squad playing at home. Toby Osbourne alluded to it on Robins Tv.

What is it they're afraid of, exactly - the flat, unexpectant atmosphere at kick off? The funereal silence during large stretches of uneventful back and sideways passing? The mild disgruntlement of the Lansdown Stand? The general air of apathy about the place? A bit of booing at full-time? Herds of wildebeest?  

Reading the Football League Paper.

Pearson was pretty happy but puzzled about the disallowed goal.

"From what we were told about the offside rule in pre-season to what I am seeing now, there's a bit of confusion and we need some clarification about what constitutes a deflection to somebody in an offside position.

"People in football were not asked their opinion about it and I'd just say offside is offside and that the assistant should put the flag up straight away, but that won't happen".

I think benefit of doubt to attackers at this juncture. ;)

Rosenior and his more detailed thoughts. Hmm.

"When you go a goal up at home and don't get three points, you have to view it as two dropped. I thought the first 25 minutes was exactly what I wanted.

"Then, we were trying to score with every attack and it became a bit of a basketball match, which suited Bristol City. If we had carried on playing the way we were and keeping possession, we would have exhausted Bristol of their oxygen.

"But I also have great respect for Nigel Pearson's teams. They were winning the ball back and played with four up front and two full-backs high up the pitch, so they were playing really offensive football as well.

"I was delighted with how we were putting bodies on the line and defending long throws, but it was happening too often. We then regained control after they scored and I felt that we could have gone on to win the game."