IGNORED

Where is our CEO...who is he?

extonsred

45 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Unsurprisingly for a CEO appointed by SL he’s bigging him up

The message is crystal clear , 

SL has set the budgets as he does not wish to put in the same money annually as he’s done

Oh but we still have Top 6 ambitions

And despite spending time fanfaring new contracts for Pring , Vyner etc , ‘wasn’t prepared on a radio show’ to discuss NPs contract situation 

Hmmmmmm 

Tbf signed contracts are different to future contract discussions

16 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

Has Pearson done all this though? It was only last week that people were saying he’s only involved on the playing side, and not to be asked questions on financial matters!

He personally, obviously hasn’t generated money from sales, as he didn’t want any of them to go. He also hasn’t reduced the wage bill, as I’m sure as shit he’d want a decent budget so he could attract better players.

Apart from your last statement, everything else would’ve been decided above him.

Isn’t it basically the same thing, 

• Admin

It is my personal opinion that Nige’s card was marked when he described the transfer/wages policy under SL before he arrived as “stupid and unsustainable” in a pre-match interview even though SL clearly agrees but that given the financials involved, SL wasn’t prepared to pay up a difficult but performing employee. Extending their stay is an entirely different matter.

• Like 3

Just now, Ian M said:

It is my personal opinion that Nige’s card was marked when he described the transfer/wages policy under SL before he arrived as “stupid and unsustainable” in an pre-match interview even though SL clearly agrees but that given the financials involved, SL wasn’t prepared to pay up a difficult but performing employee. Extending their stay is an entirely different matter.

I think that might be bang on. 

And it's petty. He's a 'self made' billionaire (in inverted commas because I am not sure how much was Hargreaves), not a ****ing five-year old.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, it’s clear…and pretty much as I suggested.

1. SL doesn’t want to put in the amounts he has in the past.

2. The budget is set to minimise 1.

It’s as simple as that.

He (SL) has taken “advantage” of the “opportunity” of having home-grown players (Semenyo and Scott) being sold (full transfer profit) and a likely conveyor belt of other Academy players that might be sold in future for good numbers (Vyner, Pring, Conway and Bell) to lessen the amount he puts in.  So basically he’s used a good situation created by Nige thru Tins thru the Academy staff to constrain the budget of the first team.

I think he’s taken the wrong time to do that…and not recognised why he can execute the plan of 1 and 2.  Again, effing outcome based, not viewing the process that got us here.

Now is the time with a lower cost base and saleable home-grown assets to be a bit more flexible.  I’m not talking going mad. I’m just talking about creating that depth with one, maybe two more players, of the same ilk as the summer recruits.

Sorry to all you people out there that think SL deserves a lot more recognition…I think he’s showed his complete lack of football business acumen, again.  Muppet!

Then I reckon you’d post a lot differently to how you have about Nige over the past 2 years!! ???

+++++++++

I have no real issues with PA tonight nor Richard Hoskin.  It was a decent enough interview.

Agree with everything you say dave apart from Richard hoskin, thought he came across as a bit of a wet lettuce, should of probed him more 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So, it’s clear…and pretty much as I suggested.

1. SL doesn’t want to put in the amounts he has in the past.

2. The budget is set to minimise 1.

It’s as simple as that.

He (SL) has taken “advantage” of the “opportunity” of having home-grown players (Semenyo and Scott) being sold (full transfer profit) and a likely conveyor belt of other Academy players that might be sold in future for good numbers (Vyner, Pring, Conway and Bell) to lessen the amount he puts in.  So basically he’s used a good situation created by Nige thru Tins thru the Academy staff to constrain the budget of the first team.

I think he’s taken the wrong time to do that…and not recognised why he can execute the plan of 1 and 2.  Again, effing outcome based, not viewing the process that got us here.

Now is the time with a lower cost base and saleable home-grown assets to be a bit more flexible.  I’m not talking going mad. I’m just talking about creating that depth with one, maybe two more players, of the same ilk as the summer recruits.

Sorry to all you people out there that think SL deserves a lot more recognition…I think he’s showed his complete lack of football business acumen, again.  Muppet!

Then I reckon you’d post a lot differently to how you have about Nige over the past 2 years!! ???

+++++++++

I have no real issues with PA tonight nor Richard Hoskin.  It was a decent enough interview.

Good summary Fevs. This really isn’t sitting well with me; it feels like he’s putting our success and position at risk to reduce his inputs into the club. You could argue that’s up to him, even that he’s entitled to do so; but let’s stop any notion of him being some sort of super fan with the club in his heart. This is being looked at purely from a business perspective, and as we all know a football club is far more than just a business. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

Understand what you’re saying but thought Hoskins let him off the hook a couple of times.

Agreed. GT always seemed to have the fans views front and centre and would probe in situations like this. 

Hoskins is OK although a couple of weeks ago he said “we can’t criticise Steve Lansdown for all he’s done for the club” on Sound of the City. I thought then that any decent journalism was right out of the window. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 3

Just now, One Team said:

Agreed. GT always seemed to have the fans views front and centre and would probe in situations like this. 

Hoskins is OK although a couple of weeks ago he said “we can’t criticise Steve Lansdown for all he’s done for the club” on Sound of the City. I thought then that any decent journalism was right out of the window. 

There you have it. 

Nobbled. 

• Like 1

Perhaps his patience has run out with a wider model whereby Parachute Payments on one hand and owners with more money than sense in some cases or owned a betting organisation for one distort the market or a large chicken farming organisation.

The timing if he has come to that POV by the way, it couldn't be worse but I wonder if he has finally tired of said model, where you have to put in cash to stay afloat as a rule.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ian M said:

It is my personal opinion that Nige’s card was marked when he described the transfer/wages policy under SL before he arrived as “stupid and unsustainable” in a pre-match interview even though SL clearly agrees but that given the financials involved, SL wasn’t prepared to pay up a difficult but performing employee. Extending their stay is an entirely different matter.

Words cannot express how much I rate this post. Bravo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, One Team said:

Good summary Fevs. This really isn’t sitting well with me; it feels like he’s putting our success and position at risk to reduce his inputs into the club. You could argue that’s up to him, even that he’s entitled to do so; but let’s stop any notion of him being some sort of super fan with the club in his heart. This is being looked at purely from a business perspective, and as we all know a football club is far more than just a business. 

Ta.

Yep, especially when he’s backed and backed and backed previous “regimes”.  It doesn’t sit well with me either.  I’m very disappointed, that after all the hard work he chooses now to constrain the football club.

(Those are by understated feelings!)

• Like 13

Interview was pretty clear and unsurprising: 

- recruitment before the sale of Scott was on the budget assumption that Scott would be sold.

- they didn’t want to do the recruitment after Scott’s sale as hinders negotiation position re recruitment.

- therefore SL was taking the financial risk on this buy now pay later strategy, ie if the Scott deal couldn’t be done, the budget would be blown so SL would have to put more money in.

- the Scott deal was done so we are as per the budget.

- up to SL to determine how much he wants to fund (lose!); too early to tell what the position will be in Jan. 

So my view on this is clearly SL doesn’t want to fund as much as he might have in the past. However I don’t think it necessarily follows that he won’t open the cheque book a bit more in Jan if we are looking promising for top 6 (or have more injuries - TGH was brought in because of injuries). I also don’t think you can make a leap one way or the other re NP’s future. Personally I think everyone is waiting to see how we progress during the season. I doubt NP is as bothered about that as some on here. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

- recruitment before the sale of Scott was on the budget assumption that Scott would be sold.

- they didn’t want to do the recruitment after Scott’s sale as hinders negotiation position re recruitment.

- therefore SL was taking the financial risk on this buy now pay later strategy, ie if the Scott deal couldn’t be done, the budget would be blown so SL would have to put more money in.

- up to SL to determine how much he wants to fund (lose!); too early to tell what the position will be in Jan. 

So my view on this is clearly SL doesn’t want to fund as much as he might have in the past. However I don’t think it necessarily follows that he won’t open the cheque book a bit more in Jan if we are looking promising for top 6 (or have more injuries - TGH was brought in because of injuries). I also don’t think you can make a leap one way or the other re NP’s future. Personally I think everyone is waiting to see how we progress during the season. I doubt NP is as bothered about that as some on here. 

A good post. 

I hope that I am wrong and you are correct. 

I do doubt it massively though.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, eardun said:

So my view on this is clearly SL doesn’t want to fund as much as he might have in the past. However I don’t think it necessarily follows that he won’t open the cheque book a bit more in Jan if we are looking promising for top 6 (or have more injuries - TGH was brought in because of injuries). I also don’t think you can make a leap one way or the other re NP’s future. Personally I think everyone is waiting to see how we progress during the season. I doubt NP is as bothered about that as some on here

Nige does seem the most relaxed he’s been at City in the last week.