IGNORED

International Rugby

WarksRobin

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Agree with the panel there. 

Me too. On our Red their pet referee said "he had a clear line of sight" for the Argentinian yellow he has a clear line of sight and the referee said he "he was in control". So if he was in control then he must have deliberately targeted his head.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Me too. On our Red their pet referee said "he had a clear line of sight" for the Argentinian yellow he has a clear line of sight and the referee said he "he was in control". So if he was in control then he must have deliberately targeted his head.

In both instances the Argentinians hit Englands heads, so clearly if he's in control its intentional. 

Only one looked intentional to me, and it wasn't the red.  

• Like 1

On the form guide that goes down as a major shock   An excellent win to restore confidence but we can't get carried away. Argentina were poor making lots of handling errors and conceding too many penalties, especially in the scrum where England dominated, allowing us to kick our way to victory. Our defence was superb, particularly with only 14 men for all but 3 minutes, only conceding a late try. However, we saw little of England's attacking game, never really looking like crossing the Pumas line. We will need to show this if we are to advance udeep into the competition. 

• Like 2

If Ford has another good game I'm hoping that Farrell won't be shoe horned back in. In fact I can't see which of the players should give up their place for Farrell. Of course Curry will need a replacement!

Any idea how many games Curry could miss

Edited by Midred

As a Munster fan who grew up watching our 00s team, I enjoyed that. It was a bit of a throwback game.

I think I said on this thread before, England don't have to be that good to get out of this group. I think that was a really mature display in the circumstances. Yes Argentina were chronic, but if the opposition keep coughing up penalties, don't stop them. 

Agree England will need to show a lot more to beat a top team, but they may not meet one until a semi final with this draw and a lot can happen between now and then.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only watched second half. Good backs to the wall performance from England, but what happened to Argentina? They were absolutely dreadful. 

It was more on the front foot, around the half-way line. Only backs to the wall bit inside England's 22 was from 77th minute when the game was over.

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I don't think they knew what to do playing against 14. Then once they were behind they started trying to force it which led to more errors.

Yeah, agree. I saw little of the team that ran SA close twice, and beat Australia, this summer. I think the game situation after the red definitely suited England more, as they didn't have to worry about putting together an attacking game. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

On the form guide that goes down as a major shock   An excellent win to restore confidence but we can't get carried away. Argentina were poor making lots of handling errors and conceding too many penalties, especially in the scrum where England dominated, allowing us to kick our way to victory. Our defence was superb, particularly with only 14 men for all but 3 minutes, only conceding a late try. However, we saw little of England's attacking game, never really looking like crossing the Pumas line. We will need to show this if we are to advance udeep into the competition. 

It's hard to show an attacking game when you're down to 14 men. We did what we had to do to win. However, I'm not sure it would have changed much with 15 on the pitch. We shall see

Forwards win rugby matches, the Backs decide by how much.

So well played George Ford.

It doesn't need saying the forwards were superb. 

The best performance by 14 men since the incomparable John Pullin had to leave the field after a couple of minutes in the 1972 Cup Final. Although I might be biased. 

England's defiant stand - with 13 men at one point - in Wellington to beat the All Blacks before the 2003 World Cup remains the landmark victory, away from home and against the odds. That was only England's 2nd ever victory in New Zealand.

The first, i hear you ask? 1972, captained by, as I say, the incomparable Bristol hooker John Pullin. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels