IGNORED

International Rugby

WarksRobin

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I'll take that half as we'd no lineout for most of it. SA blowing when we go through the phases. If we can handle their bench, there could be something here for us.

Obviously reading your post when I already know the result, but what a great match.

And what a cool player in young Crowley.

• Like 1

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Obviously reading your post when I already know the result, but what a great match.

And what a cool player in young Crowley.

Munster and West Cork's finest. A lot can happen and I'm biased but he looks a really special player. ROG wanted to get him down to La Rochelle when he was just out of the Munster academy. You can see why.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I fancy us against this NZ team but you never know. We also have to beat Scotland first. 

Really pleasing to beat SA with a malfunctioning lineout and a mess of a scrum. Ox and Kleyn monstered Furlong. Manie and Faf's missed kicks were also crucial. You'd think Pollard will be back for the QF.

Absolutely brutal game that could have gone either way, but no cards, not even I think a warning needing to be given.  Even right at the end ‘’ball not coming out’ just as it did. Yes, SA left some points out there with their kicking, but so did Ireland with their lineouts early on.

Its a tough as nails draw for both of them, although I think the main difference may be playing in front of a mainly green crowd v ABs and a blue one v France. In fairness to them both these games take a lot out of you. Good they now have a couple of weeks.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Absolutely brutal game that could have gone either way, but no cards, not even I think a warning needing to be given.  Even right at the end ‘’ball not coming out’ just as it did. Yes, SA left some points out there with their kicking, but so did Ireland with their lineouts early on.

Its a tough as nails draw for both of them, although I think the main difference may be playing in front of a mainly green crowd v ABs and a blue one v France. In fairness to them both these games take a lot out of you. Good they now have a couple of weeks.

Agreed. A great advert for the game and one in the eye for the "game's gone" mob. It was brutal as you said. Monstrous shots going in and pretty much nothing high. I think there was one no-arms chop tackle from James Ryan in the second half which O'Keefe missed but I didn't see a replay to be fair.

We got lucky with some of the scrums. Ox is a nightmare for most tall tightheads like Furlong. The maul at the end was pretty suspect and I'm fairly sure Tadhg Beirne changed his bind but I suppose you have to roll the dice on the last play. If we can sort our lineout, we'll be in good shape.

NZ are more than capable of beating us but I'd much rather play them than France. Ireland mustn't look beyond Scotland though. They're more than good enough to catch us out. Should've beaten us in the 6N.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Agreed. A great advert for the game and one in the eye for the "game's gone" mob. It was brutal as you said. Monstrous shots going in and pretty much nothing high. I think there was one no-arms chop tackle from James Ryan in the second half which O'Keefe missed but I didn't see a replay to be fair.

We got lucky with some of the scrums. Ox is a nightmare for most tall tightheads like Furlong. The maul at the end was pretty suspect and I'm fairly sure Tadhg Beirne changed his bind but I suppose you have to roll the dice on the last play. If we can sort our lineout, we'll be in good shape.

NZ are more than capable of beating us but I'd much rather play them than France. Ireland mustn't look beyond Scotland though. They're more than good enough to catch us out. Should've beaten us in the 6N.

Three Tier 1 nations in the same group makes it so tough. Oddly SA the one now almost certainly through, having beaten Scotland and got a losing point to Ireland.

Quite possible Scotland end up needing to beat Ireland by 8 to go through and knock Ireland out. Yes, on balance unlikely, but if things go their way on the day, the odd card maybe, who knows. Take nothing for granted.

10 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Three Tier 1 nations in the same group makes it so tough. Oddly SA the one now almost certainly through, having beaten Scotland and got a losing point to Ireland.

Quite possible Scotland end up needing to beat Ireland by 8 to go through and knock Ireland out. Yes, on balance unlikely, but if things go their way on the day, the odd card maybe, who knows. Take nothing for granted.

Scotland couldn't beat an egg

• Haha 1

The southern hemisphere sides are not showing well. I've now doubt that the All Blacks will qualify for the QFs but they need to improve their performance if they're to have any chance of winning the cup. Argentina are currently 4th in the group and Australia were simply woeful against Wales last night, a team playing defensive rugby by not playing in their own half but taking advantage of opposition mistakes. They should have been beaten by Fiji but weren't. South Africa were my pre-tournament favourites but they're not converting. For all Ireland's solid play the Boks left 11 points on the kicking tee. Improvement needed but honestly I can't see past France right now to become world champions.