IGNORED

International Rugby

WarksRobin

22 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Erm no, you seem to have forgotten Australia, who've won it twice. 😅

So, fourth. Well done. 

I think England's underachievement in world rugby over the past decade is probably epitomised by Ben Youngs, 127 caps, and he's won one Grand Slam. A couple of Six Nations, and that's it. 

Wales have two Slams in the same period with a population half the size of London, and about a quarter of registered rugby players compared to England. 

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

But they're pish at World Cups. Like I said. And England, even when they're dismal, they go deep, at World Cups. England are one of the WC big boys, four finals show that. Only North Hem side to win it. And it's a minority sport in England. Popular five or six weekends a year with elderly readers of The Daily Telegraph. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Yes, but what actual point are you trying to make?

That Wales are pish at World Cups, England can be counted amongst the contenders at World Cups, and that rugby is a minority game in England (albeit popular with readers of the Daily Telegraph).

I've been to watch Bris, yes, I don't think Bristol Rugby Club are any sort of evidence of rugby being any sort of passion in this country. 

• Haha 1

• Admin
On 28/10/2023 at 22:37, Bristol Oil Services said:

That Wales are pish at World Cups, England can be counted amongst the contenders at World Cups, and that rugby is a minority game in England (albeit popular with readers of the Daily Telegraph).

I've been to watch Bris, yes, I don't think Bristol Rugby Club are any sort of evidence of rugby being any sort of passion in this country. 

That isn't anything new though

• The title was changed to International Rugby

Great move for him. Racing seem to be in a bit of a transitional phase but I think he'll do well there with Lancaster. Top player who helped steer non-elite England teams to a World Cup final and SF and didn't deserve the rubbish he got from fans at the end. Playing 112 tests by 32 is freakish. The sort of player I'd hate facing as a Munster and Ireland fan. I can't really give him a bigger compliment than that. Nobody hates you until they rate you.

England should put everything on the two Smiths now. Fin was annoyingly superb against us last weekend.

• Like 1