IGNORED

Steve Lansdown……..

BCFC1512

8 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Well, this has rattled some cages!!

All I would say is that the most important (by far) element of the football club to me - is - the football team. That's who I cheer for, cry for and support through thick and thin. 

With that and only that in mind, the team look no closer to reaching the top flight than when SL took over.

Many players, a fair number of managers and many years on from the (single),  very clearly stated personal mission, to get Bristol City into the top flight of English football.I

I can sympathise with anyone who feels a bit let down.

Ralling cry from our leader required Jon/Steve? Good Morning Ugh GIF by Demic.........wont hold my breath.

3 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Without going through all the posts has anyone come up with an alternative? Americans, Arabs, a local milkman, or perhaps someone who supports another team but has a nice watch?

It’s not up to us to decide. We just have to deal with the result/fallout 

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

Would you like to meet Kanes dad mate and find out what really went on I will supply a free train ticket to go and meet him mate anytime you are free in fact mate it will be a first class ticket let me know when your free if you think I  am talking BS 

So just because you know his dad , that means you’ve got it in for NP with all signings ? 
some signings don’t work out for what ever reason . He suffered a injury early on . It was suggested he didn’t get up to full fitness after that , I’m not saying he did or didn’t either way though. 
you listed a few players you think are “rubbish signings “ in your words . You need to give players time . 

9 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

He was wrong though, mate - as you and I both know.

A club isn't its players or it's owners, who come and go and pass on through, like ships in the night, here today and gone tomorrow. 

A football club is it's supporters - the fans who come through thick and thin, year after year, decade after decade, generation after generation, living the highs and lows, passing them on from man to boy (and girl!) - irrespective of who's in charge or who's playing centre forward for the next 5 minutes. 

There are people on this forum whose grandfather watched us in the FA Cup Final in 1909, whose great grandfather watched us before that come out of the Southern League into the Football League. 

Who the *uc* is Steve Lansdown compared to that? It was never "his" club - he's a custodian, that's all. Fair play to him for that. But rather a lot of us were here long before he pitched and will be here long after he's gone. 

So it's our club because we are Bristol City. 

Not the bricks and mortar, not the HPC or Ashton Gate.

We are Bristol City, you and me and every other City fan, here and far beyond. 

Post of the day!

9 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

In my opinion unfortunately Kane Wilson, bajic he obviously don’t rate as 1 game in 1 and a bit seasons ,at the minute I would also say unfortunately Anis and Cornick but I also think he has made a few decent signings like Knight who I think is a fabulous signing but he has signed a lot of players who are no better than he had before , I really wanted Kane to work out as I work with his dad it just looks like we are a few injuries away from a real problem 

Wilson I agree but he wasn’t big money and we quickly cut our losses and moved on. Bajic was a punt who wouldn’t of cost much at all so it’s hardly an Engvall situation.

As for anis and cornick , it’s too early to say. Neither have been brilliant but I still think they will get better.

We are on a reduced budget so are mainly shopping in leagues one and two. Players such as Sykes, tanner and Atkinson and been superb VFM in my eyes. Dickie, Roberts and Knight looking like being that way as well.

overall I would argue Pearson’s signings have been anything but wasteful in the main. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

From the Official Site:

Chairman - Jon Lansdown 

Duties - fannying around with Fever Pitch or Kits or anything that means he doesn’t have to do the role of Chairman, ultimately wishing his dad would hurry up and sell-up so he can legitimately bugger off to Bermuda.

https://www.reachfeverpitch.com/

Such an extensive and varied list of clients it seems & a huge body of work. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Basically & this has only just occurred to me, JL is a combination of Kendall Roy and Roman Roy from Succession (& if anyone hasn’t seen it, boy are you missing out), as Logan once said “you’re not serious people”.

Mark Ashton was clearly Bob Mortimer’s Train Guy, now it all makes sense.

I’m off for a lie down.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Basically & this has only just occurred to me, JL is a combination of Kendall Roy and Roman Roy from Succession (& if anyone hasn’t seen it, boy are you missing out), as Logan once said “you’re not serious people”.

I’m off for a lie down.

I've not seen Succession but Train Guy has so always been Mark Ashton it's unnerving. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I’m off for a lie down.

Just on season 3, so what has SL done that means he had to take a step back? ?

19 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

The ' Values' page is rather ironic when considering the state of our new kit and stock image robin. 

Quote...

Collaborative

Working with you to achieve content we all are proud of

Honest

Honesty is better than sugar coated bullsh*t

Ambitious

Constantly striving to do things better than before, and paving the way in creative, solutions based thinking

Proud of our ‘outside the box’ thinking, not doing things the easy way just because it’s worked before, but doing things a new way, the right way, to get the best outcome

Progressive

Finding creative solutions and challenging the ‘business as usual’ approach

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

In my opinion unfortunately Kane Wilson, bajic he obviously don’t rate as 1 game in 1 and a bit seasons ,at the minute I would also say unfortunately Anis and Cornick but I also think he has made a few decent signings like Knight who I think is a fabulous signing but he has signed a lot of players who are no better than he had before , I really wanted Kane to work out as I work with his dad it just looks like we are a few injuries away from a real problem 

Wilson didn’t work out as he was a bad trainer and couldn’t get himself fit enough. No good being an attacking full back if you can’t get up and down for 90 mins. 

10 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

A club isn't its players or it's owners, who come and go and pass on through, like ships in the night, here today and gone tomorrow. 

A football club is it's supporters - the fans who come through thick and thin, year after year, decade after decade, generation after generation, living the highs and lows, passing them on from man to boy (and girl!) - irrespective of who's in charge or who's playing centre forward for the next 5 minutes. 

There are people on this forum whose grandfather watched us in the FA Cup Final in 1909, whose great grandfather watched us before that come out of the Southern League into the Football League. 

Who the *uc* is Steve Lansdown compared to that? It was never "his" club - he's a custodian, that's all. Fair play to him for that. But rather a lot of us were here long before he pitched and will be here long after he's gone. 

Anyone else hearing the Largo from Dvorak's New World Symphony (that's the Hovis ad music, for all the  Comprehensive ed-ju-ca-ted football lads on here) as you read this? Welling up, me.

I will think of your words, Merrick, when Steve goes and some dodgy overseas sort takes over, and we find ourselves 17th in L1 for a decade ....

11 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

And when I take my grandchild to their first City match, I'll tell them, with tears in my eyes, I've suffered for my love of this club, now its your bloody turn!

Edited by Curr Avon

12 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

As an interesting take on this, I remember fans chanting for the removal of Harry Dolman a couple of years before we reached the promised land of the First Division - just saying! ?

Yep. I can remember the fans singing “should have built a team and not a stand“.

4 minutes ago, Redland said:

Yep. I can remember the fans singing “should have built a team and not a stand“.

...wasn't Dolman deposed before promotion? Circa 72-74 thereabouts?

He was Club President until his death I think thereafter.