IGNORED

Steve Lansdown……..

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Isn't the main point here that neither the Owner, Chairman or CEO have given an interview in the pre-season at any stage to either the club's PR department or the local press.

NP is having to do his obligatory press rounds answering questions which are not for him to be answering. He's saying to all and sundry that he isn't the person to be asking these questions of.

Cue in any reasonable organisation, the powers at be recognising that fact and doing something about the lack of communication over the apparent change in the club's direction since NP discussed the Plan A (with Scott), Plan B (without Scott) recruitment plans over the summer.

For me, it's not really about the results, it's the fact that budgets post Scott have obviously changed. Ok, well if that's the case and the club has to deal with supporter's expectations then just do an interview and let NP get on with managing the 1st team.

I'm a DOF of a non league club with 4 men's teams in County and district football. I say to all of my managers that if a player wants paying more money, has issues, or there is anything that needs doing with regard to the side other than playing than those league and cup games then let me deal with it. I'm the public face of the club, as is the Chairman on all forms of Social Media.

At the moment, we just come across as a rudderless ship ploughing through the stormy waters of Championship football. There seems to be no 3 or 5 year plan, or even a future direction as NP enters the final year of his three year plan. What is the club's vision for next season, can anyone actually answer that?

This has gone on for years now of course, but for the first time in NP's tenure he's got rid of the expensive gambles of 2019 and has generated through selling our 2 best players a substantial amount of money, now what?

Over to the club and the Lansdowns on this one. We are only a few further injuries away from being up the proverbial in my opinion.

I think the club as a whole does need to explain the position to the fanbase and at the same time show their support for NP. Silence is not really an option anymore.

?

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I get you there, but I can't see us progressing through with the whole Sports Village development whilst at the same time selling what is in the essence the crown jewel.

I can though see the Lansdown's looking for a way out after the development is completed as the final part of their "legacy".

?

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Have we got to wait THAT long ?  

edit           BTW we're not the only rudderless ship..........RB without GT. This would have been right up his alley, calling them all out to speak on the radio to let the fans know what the H is going on !

Yes he would have had them on the Radio by now .

17 minutes ago, Greyrobbo said:

You mean the stand he paid to build?

did he really? or was it one of his business`s ?

I always believed the man/woman or whoever is not the business, the business is the business?

We are talking about someone here who started in his bedroom and made many, many millions probably not by paying for football stands to be built though.

Apart from very dubious manager selections he is no fool, as the saying goes "fools and money are soon parted"

Edited by wtf

21 minutes ago, wtf said:

I always believed the man/woman or whoever is not the business, the business is the business?

We are talking about someone here who started in his bedroom and made many, many millions probably not by paying for football stands to be built though.

Apart from very dubious manager selections he is no fool, as the saying goes "fools and money are soon parted"

He made money from his business and invested in Stadium (not BCFC) simples!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Have we got to wait THAT long ?  

edit           BTW we're not the only rudderless ship..........RB without GT. This would have been right up his alley, calling them all out to speak on the radio to let the fans know what the H is going on !

I was thinking this earlier. 

Geoff would be asking the questions of them. 

I hope in time that Geoff maybe gets the itch again and does some sort of podcast where he can interview people. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, wtf said:

I'm no expert on this, but doesn't the debt for the stadium redevelopment appear on the accounts? 

@Mr Popodopolous ??

For all the SL bashing and theorising on what he's planning to do with the club, despite his wealth it must be totally gutting for him to have spent the amounts he has on infrastructure and covering the debts every season that all he has achieved is to have got us out of league 1. 

A billionaire running a reasonably sized club in a big city has only managed to get us from League 1 to the Champ and even there we've only been in the playoffs once and that was a season when nobody was expecting us to even get in the playoffs.

Edited by Show Me The Money!
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

For all the SL bashing and theorising on what he's planning to do with the club despite his wealth of must be totally gutting for him to have spent the amounts he has on infrastructure and covering the debts every season that all he has achieved is to have got us out of league 1. 

A billionaire running a reasonably sized club in a big city has only managed to get us from League 1 to the Champ and even there we've only been in the playoffs once and that was a season when nobody was expecting us to even get in the playoffs.

He became involved with the club when we were in the championship. Great owner for the infrastructure, the rest has frankly been a failure mainly due to his own decisions.

Happy to thank him for his time at thr club but it is clearly time for someone with fresh impetus and ambition to come in, if they are available.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 7
  • Robin 1

Someone will probably be able to work this out properly, but looking at the reported SLs net worth and what he's spent on the club, it works out at approx 3.5% of his net worth. 

Back of the fag packet type working out, but approx. 

Put that into context to what the average fan spends every year by comparison. 

Edited by spudski
  • Like 5
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

For all the SL bashing and theorising on what he's planning to do with the club, despite his wealth it must be totally gutting for him to have spent the amounts he has on infrastructure and covering the debts every season that all he has achieved is to have got us out of league 1. 

It will be because I doubt he can accept or even realise he is completely  to blame for the failure of our club to progress on the pitch. His affect is we are not even standing still. Our squad is weakened yearly by the selling of our best players and less and less money is being given to the Manager to strengthen. In the end the only result of this will be relegation. Let us hope he has sold up and cleared off before that becomes a reality.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Someone will probably be able to work this out properly, but looking at the reported SLs net worth and what he's spent on the club, it works out at approx 3.5% of his net worth. 

Is that purely on City? Or on BS? Also does it include any rough workings on what he will get back once he sells? 

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

That feels like one where the teacher would ask you to show your workings... 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Is that purely on City? Or on BS? Also does it include any rough workings on what he will get back once he sells? 

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

That feels like one where the teacher would ask you to show your workings... 

1.72 billion net worth

240 million spent on City

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-bears-steve-lansdown-8458397

35 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

From a business it has been a failure. SL wanted PL football and that dream has died. The quicker we accept the club will never achieve top flight football and will bounce between champ and league 1 the happier and care free we can be. 

On 30/08/2023 at 21:12, pjg11 said:

Not sure what SLs agenda is but I've been feeling this all summer and in the last weeks been proved right. The squad is considerably weaker than the start of last season yes wage bill cut and money made on transfers . But replacements nowhere near the quality of what we lost some not even replaced We lost CM ,JD, TK,,HNM, ASe, ASc .Replaced by HC ,AM, JK,,RD , HR.. Lessons to be learned by clubs who asset strip year on year you run out of hidden gems . Southampton have just found out to their cost . Wimbledon did it  Coventry many others over the years in football now you stand still you go backwards . We are going backwards to try and stand still will not work in the long run . Can't help but feel we the fans have had our pants pulled down this summer with incomings and outgoings . We were told plan a no need to sell Scott , plan b for life after Scott targets identified money to be spent on strengthening . Plan c was announced as a wage limit which we have reached . Funny this wasn't mentioned start of the summer when season tickets went on sale . Only after the season started . I have every respect for what SL has done for this club . But really don't like what is being done and policy the club is following

I Definitely recall NP stating that...rather than the scatter gun approach of previous years....that he intended to only bring in players who were/are an upgrade on players who are already here.  A rather broad statement, which i have, with the odd exception, seen very little evidence of?   Then again,   probably he had, had no previous notice of our wonderful wage restraints....which has created an untenable  situation for the chance for him  to markedly improve our squad?

42 minutes ago, spudski said:

I spend roughly about 4% of my income on going to games. That does include tickets, travel, food and drink etc too tho. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

And you would of thought he would of learned by now but the cycle seems to be going full circle,going to lose a good manager and if not this season then next without investment we will be right in relegation trouble 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

From a business it has been a failure. SL wanted PL football and that dream has died. The quicker we accept the club will never achieve top flight football and will bounce between champ and league 1 the happier and care free we can be. 

He also wanted a premiership rugby winning team and look how that dream died,him and sport just don’t mix it seems 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I spend roughly about 4% of my income on going to games. That does include tickets, travel, food and drink etc too tho. 

That was my point...his spend on running this club is approx what the average fan spends yearly by comparison on following City. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1