IGNORED

Jason Knight

E.G.Red

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not if you've got Adblocker!

And in this day and age, why wouldn't you?

I use NoScript, bit more advanced as you can block various components but let the actual stream through. Run it along side UBlock and the internet is a much better place!

51 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Looked lost against Preston they cried. 

Well. They were right there.

HOWEVER, if you have a gramme of sense you'll realise you can't judge a player on the basis of his home debut - particularly when much of the rest of the side were off their game as well.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

People mocked when I called him Korey & Brownhill’s lovechild.

Will need months to bed in they said. Looked lost against Preston they cried. Derby fans didn't even rate him they claimed.  I sat patiently, biding my time. I’ll forgive but I certainly won’t forget.

Calm down!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, petehinton said:

People mocked when I called him Korey & Brownhill’s lovechild.

Will need months to bed in they said. Looked lost against Preston they cried. Derby fans didn't even rate him they claimed.  I sat patiently, biding my time. I’ll forgive but I certainly won’t forget.

did they? Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think he's shown his biggest asset is his determination and I love that about him, I'm not going to get overexcited just yet though, he's only played a handful of competitive games for us but you can see there is a lot of promise there.

I think it's his ability to arrive in the box late, with a bit more composure he could score a lot of goals that way.

Jason Knight

Much improved compared to Thursday’s performance in Paris where he worked tirelessly off the ball without producing much on it. Here he remained diligent out of possession but also looked more proactive. 7

From one of the Irish papers.  One of only two players they rated at 7.  

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I think he's shown his biggest asset is his determination and I love that about him, I'm not going to get overexcited just yet though, he's only played a handful of competitive games for us but you can see there is a lot of promise there.

I’m sure @Harry won’t mind me repeating this after his recent meet with Tinnion at FGR recently but apparently in training last week someone left a man free at the far post & Knight was livid. Screaming “We can’t do that lads we got a game tomorrow, we need to get everything right”……..NP & BT were lapping it up. He’s a leader & winner is JK. We have a very good player on our hands here & someone with experience at this level & Internationally also yet only 22. At 2m he’s a bargain!! 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, redcherryberry said:

I’m sure @Harry won’t mind me repeating this after his recent meet with Tinnion at FGR recently but apparently in training last week someone left a man free at the far post & Knight was livid. Screaming “We can’t do that lads we got a game tomorrow, we need to get everything right”……..NP & BT were lapping it up. He’s a leader & winner is JK. We have a very good player on our hands here & someone with experience at this level & Internationally also yet only 22. At 2m he’s a bargain!! 

He won’t be here long then, 18 months at the most before being sold on. Enjoy him whilst you can . 

4 hours ago, Ashtongreight said:

He won’t be here long then, 18 months at the most before being sold on. Enjoy him whilst you can . 

I don't know why we have so many of these negative attitudes, I'm a pretty pessimistic person and even I think this kind of thinking is pretty depressing. 

This may happen, he may get noticed and be sold on, but he also may really like it here and judging by his attitude may go on to be captain and enjoy that too and want to stay here, I guess it all depends on how we progress. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't know why we have so many of these negative attitudes, I'm a pretty pessimistic person and even I think this kind of thinking is pretty depressing. 

This may happen, he may get noticed and be sold on, but he also may really like it here and judging by his attitude may go on to be captain and enjoy that too and want to stay here, I guess it all depends on how we progress. 

It was said slightly tongue in cheek, but also it’s a compliment to the lad, from what I’ve seen of him he seems to have everything, a few years here and he could be moving to the PL

• Like 1

On 11/09/2023 at 18:27, Spike said:

He will only stay here if he, like us, is not up to premier league standard.....