IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

Perhaps slightly verging into conspiracy but I keep thinking that a club with some clear headroom in FFP and a manager about to leave without a payoff is probably an appealing position to prospective buyers - they can inject money to be spent how they want, and put in the manger they want easily.

Maybe it wasn't Nige get the club together so we don't fail FFP, it was get the club together so I can sell it more easily.

• Like 3

• Admin
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

My post earlier was very tongue in cheek, but if ( and that is a big if IMO ) he has a buyer in place, he now has a Club or Clubs with a large plot of land ,with planning permission ,to sell.  
If someone bought it now ,and built the Arena & Hotel etc, maybe they could see a profit in it . Premiership Rugby team and Women's team with potential for the mens team, successful Basketball team and Venue , plus Hotel ? Could be an interesting prospect for someone.

Lansdown senior was in talks with someone in April , maybe things have moved on. 

Make a list of all the people in the world who want to buy a football club (not literally, just imagine).

Now make a list of all the people in the world who want to buy a football club, a rugby club, a basketball club, a plot of land to build a hotel/arena and a plot of land to build a housing development.

SL has made this unnecessarily more difficult.

19 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Three people have said the timing is ‘interesting’ but haven’t elaborated as to how. Unravel into what?

Well, the value of SL's land at Wickes has just increased by probably £10s millions on receipt of planning last Tuesday.

He's just recieved £25m for Scott, and the value of the sporting village could have netted him another £25m.

The value of his assets associated with Bristol City is high.

And when is a good time to sell an asset/s?

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

Just now, Ian M said:

Make a list of all the people in the world who want to buy a football club (not literally, just imagine).

Now make a list of all the people in the world who want to buy a football club, a rugby club, a basketball club, a plot of land to build a hotel/arena and a plot of land to build a housing development.

SL has made this unnecessarily more difficult.

Been the same since BS appeared in HIS dream, now part of something bigger and as you say difficult to take part of, and why? cant take it with him and his boy is not interested at all

As I write this there are about 80 people reading this topic. If we all tore up our season ticket and threw them at him next game he wouldn't give a ****. We are a small group of passionate fans but if you think he will heed what we say , we'll, dream on. Don't  forget  his "it's my club" quote.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well, the value of SL's land at Wickes has just increased by probably £10s millions on receipt of planning last Tuesday.

He's just recieved £25m for Scott, and the value of the sporting village could have netted him another £25m.

value high = sell, value low keep/buy

2 hours ago, Lakeside Red said:

Think mr Lansdown needs to give a statement  to the fans or things will get worse . But can’t see it happening anytime soon ??‍♂️

I think the Lansdowns need to **** off and close the door on their way out. Change is needed right at the top.

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Indeed. Also interesting that there was no announcement from the club about it. 

Normally, you'd assume the CEO would come out and say something like "pleased we've finally got planning. Now we will work to discharge the conditions with a site start date of Spring 2024 etc"

But, silence. 

Which company’s CEO?  ????

1 minute ago, marmite said:

As I write this there are about 80 people reading this topic. If we all tore up our season ticket and threw them at him next game he wouldn't give a ****. We are a small group of passionate fans but if you think he will heed what we say , we'll, dream on. Don't  forget  his "it's my club" quote.

You are right , but just a couple of things.

We've already paid for the season tickets, so he'd lose nothing there.

In his place, after throwing millions at the Club and getting dogs abuse, I have no doubt almost every one on here would probably have said a lot worse than "it's my Club", stupid though it was. 
More self aware owners would not have said it, but we know he is a little touchy. I'd be the same I don't doubt.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Beat me to it - thanks. Common sense says he is “lining up his ducks” for a sale soon. Lansdown does not have the club at heart - just his investments. 

Edited by fisherrich

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Sick of this shit, the same old with Lansdown, the bloke is totally cluless in relation to his on the pitch decisions

We have people at the club, the owner, chairman and CEO (can't even recall his name he's that anonymous) who seem uncapible of basic communication.

If Pearson walks I think they may have a mutiny on their hands and rightly so.

• Like 2

I’m starting to think SL’s plan over the next few years is to hope there are three teams worse than us each season and low end, dire to watch football will be the norm regardless of manager.

Problem is, we love this club and will renew season tickets year on year, kidding ourselves that we get rewarded at some point.

Provided we stay up the optimal time to sell would be next summer from one angle which is that it would the time at which prospective new owners could invest the most in the side.

Which brings me back to the thread I made a few days ago, just how much and over what timescale might we want them to invest.

Nobody on here has yet put any kinda hard number on it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Maybe, just maybe. Pearson has already declared his desire to leave/retire/take a break at the end of the season, wouldn’t be unheard of.

In which case you could argue SL might be wise keep the purse closed.

Personally I don’t think he would leave if he felt he had the backing and could achieve something. Why would he? The reason for leaving if any I would imagine would be he feels he can’t do anymore with what he is allowed to work with.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jeez said:

Maybe, just maybe. Pearson has already declared his desire to leave/retire/take a break at the end of the season, wouldn’t be unheard of.

In which case you could argue SL might be wise keep the purse closed.

Possible, but he was handing out contract extensions to leejay when he still had 18 months left on his original contract, it’s obvious he isn’t keen on nige 

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

To be fair we don’t need to. The Scott fee will be in instalments.

Let’s say the rumours were right that we wanted £10m up front, it could be that next season the instalment is £5m, leaving us needing to sell someone (or more than one) with up front payments amounting to the other £5m. Conway immediately springs to mind.

Then the problem comes that we will need to find a replacement on £5k per week or less as we are at our wage budget maximum. Maybe we can strike it lucky and Yeboah can be that replacement.

The full fee will be included in accounts, not put down as instalments. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Sick of this shit, the same old with Lansdown, the bloke is totally cluless in relation to his on the pitch decisions

We have people at the club, the owner, chairman and CEO (can't even recall his name he's that anonymous) who seem uncapible of basic communication.

If Pearson walks I think they may have a mutiny on their hands and rightly so.

Who is expecting different results? It's not insanity it's very deliberate 

9 minutes ago, James54De said:

The full fee will be included in accounts, not put down as instalments. 

For the Profit and Loss it will appear once as Profit on Disposal of Intangible Assets.

However the Instalments will be reflected in the Intangible Assets section of the Cash Flow albeit not itemised individually.

"Proceeds from sale of intangible assets".

Screenshot_20230831-202241_OneDrive.jpg.62de77130f582fef72020a6b820dde64.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

28 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'd have to delete my season card and throw my phone ?

• Haha 10

Preston Match day thread 

tin said:

"I fancy us to get off to a flier tomorrow. Not since beating Notts County 5-0 in a curtain-raiser 20 or so years ago have I felt so optimistic on the opening day."

24 minutes ago, tin said:

I think the Lansdowns need to **** off and close the door on their way out. Change is needed right at the top.

It appears that 4 League games and 27 days in football is quite a long time.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

To be fair we don’t need to. The Scott fee will be in instalments.

Let’s say the rumours were right that we wanted £10m up front, it could be that next season the instalment is £5m, leaving us needing to sell someone (or more than one) with up front payments amounting to the other £5m. Conway immediately springs to mind.

Then the problem comes that we will need to find a replacement on £5k per week or less as we are at our wage budget maximum. Maybe we can strike it lucky and Yeboah can be that replacement.

If the club came out and said that although Scott was sold for £20 million, we will only see £10 million this year:

1. It would be more honest and fans would know the real situation, rather than thinking we suddenly have £20-25 million to play with in the transfer market straightaway.

2. Fans would also have been a lot less happy about Scott going if we only get £10 million in return this season, given that keeping him could have got us much closer to promotion, and a much bigger pay day, and a much bigger sale.

As for our “invisible” CEO, my understanding was that he was brought in on the basis of his experience at Crystal Palace, particularly navigating the change of ownership of the club during its sale back in the 2010s. Read in to that whatever you like about SL’s intentions.

Steve Lansdown transfer fund flow chart:

Has the manager performed well enough to earn my financial backing?

YES >>>>>>>>> “Sorry. We’ve reached our limit”            

NO >>>>>>>>>> “Sign as many as you want”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Preston Match day thread 

tin said:

"I fancy us to get off to a flier tomorrow. Not since beating Notts County 5-0 in a curtain-raiser 20 or so years ago have I felt so optimistic on the opening day."

It appears that 4 League games and 27 days in football is quite a long time.

Thanks, troll. A lot’s changed since then in case you hadn’t noticed. 

Yes, I did fancy us to get off to a flier at a time when we still had Scott and Conway was fit. I also firmly expected at least a bit of the money raised from Scott’s sale to be spent on his replacement. After all, SL said Nige could “spend what he raised” so that wasn’t an unrealistic hope. 

And for the record, seeing as you have the time to troll through my historical posts, I’ve wanted the Lansdowns out for a very long time now. Not spending a penny of the Scott money has reinforced my opinion. If you can’t tolerate my view, don’t comment on it. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1