IGNORED

Nige - BBCRB - snippet pre-Swansea

Davefevs

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

‘Building up a nest egg for the longer term’ sounds suspiciously like ‘I’m confident NP will keep us up this season, allowing me to indulge my preferred successor next season’. I don’t think this is an entirely terrible strategy, actually, but for the likelihood that it will all go arse up, leaving us having to spend everything over the next 5 years in League 1 trying to get back to where we are today.

To be fair, we spent the Summer demonstrating how we would walk League 1 ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

‘Building up a nest egg for the longer term’ sounds suspiciously like ‘I’m confident NP will keep us up this season, allowing me to indulge my preferred successor next season’. I don’t think this is an entirely terrible strategy, actually, but for the likelihood that it will all go arse up, leaving us having to spend everything over the next 5 years in League 1 trying to get back to where we are today.

The nest egg should be for NP all told.

Or at least a reasonable ratio of the £25m..the rest we can analyse as we go along.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I honestly feel so lucky to have had him. Total class and measured no matter what. Steered us with togetherness through choppy waters that not many would’ve wanted to do. Totally immersed himself in the area that many of us live & grew up in. No matter what ill be thankful for him for the state he will leave the club in. 

The lansdowns however, are a total disgrace for how they’ve managed this last 3 years. Cowardly, and in no way leaders. Simple as that in my eyes. 

Now, THIS is Post of the Day.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Or at least a reasonable ratio of the £25m..the rest we can analyse as we go along.

Exactly, why wait? Follow through on what's been started. A new manager will come in with new ideas and will want to move in a different direction. We'll lose momentum and have to wait another season and another season and so it goes on.

More importantly you can't expect your home support to sit through another wasted season where goals are as rare as rocking horse shit.

What are we doing?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

I said this a couple of weeks about saving the money for the next manager. 

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Particularly when AS wasn't even making the squad prior to Pearsons arrival,  literally made money from nothing

Edited by Dolman_Stand

18 minutes ago, Ian M said:

The other thing I found amusing from the press conference:

NP: “I won’t go into details about Ross as medical records should be confidential”

Also Nige: goes into great detail about exactly what is the issue with Andi’s heel

Would say something bacterial / doctor ‘led’ (and potentially embarrassing) is v different to a ‘standard’ footy injury like a muscle injury. 

genuinely quite concerned for Ross. Whatever it is, must a pretty serious health concern. Poor lad. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Naismith interview interesting. Mentions injuries we have and fact we only have one number 9 in Nakhi. Another who seems disappointed we haven’t strengthened. 

He must be delighted he left Luton for this shambles! 

Edited by Mendip City
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

He must be delighted he left Luton this shambles! 

Players, manager, supporters. All screwed over by the owner. 

I don't need to be careful what I wish for, when the last thing that I wish for is this. 

Just want this ownership gone. 

And as for his 'love of the club'... b*ll**s! 

He was a Gashead.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I didn't see that, rather a team a bit thin on the ground, up against a better team. We were second best, but not through lack of effort.

Was chatting to @GrahamC earlier and we both thought Placheta was excellent, has only started in the cup this season and off the bench once in the league.  Also McCallum…how many times did he receive a pinged ball in a tight space, great first touch and either move away with the ball himself or knock it inside to Sara or Nunez.  Another who has only started the cup games and off the bench once in the league.

9 changes for them, but when you’re bringing in Omabamidele for Gibson and the two above, I think it shows how strong a squad they have (on paper) and in fairness we gave them a pretty decent game, with a mixed up side.  We certainly put effort in.  It was the Norwich players cramping up, not ours.  Eventually our fitness is gonna tell against an opponent.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Players, manager, supporters. All screwed over by the owner. 

I don't need to be careful what I wish for, when the last thing that I wish for is this. 

Just want this ownership gone. 

And as for his 'love of the club'... b*ll**s! 

He was a Gashead.

What’s he in it for then? 

The Lansdowns are leaving the building(s). 100%. Zero doubt. This was always the plan.

With PP granted, plus all the housing / office / apartment possibilities the obvious buyer would be a large international property developer.

Everything sold, lock stock and two stinking barrels - strap yourselves in boys and girls, this will get very messy.

You can get a heck of a lot of expensive apartments with wonderful views on the AG footprint.

The new owner will be under zero obligation to keep the land for sporting facilities. Zero.

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The Lansdowns are leaving the building(s). 100%. Zero doubt. This was always the plan.

With PP granted, plus all the housing / office / apartment possibilities the obvious buyer would be a large international property developer.

Everything sold, lock stock and two stinking barrels - strap yourselves in boys and girls, this will get very messy.

You can get a heck of a lot of expensive apartments with wonderful views on the AG footprint.

The new owner will be under zero obligation to keep the land for sporting facilities. Zero.

TCR.

There is a lot to unpack in the above post so I won't try too hard but a couple of quick things.

1) Is there any kind of ACV type protection for Ashton Gate do we know?

2) The Council, who btw have IMO done us few favours down the years in a range of ways (I could be wrong)...Would a blatant change of use not require further applications, permission etc.

3) This floating and fixed charge to Pula that first appeared in the accounts a few years back...could this form  layer of protection for us or would it go with  takeover?

Thanks in advance. A worrying post though about property development on AG.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

TCR.

There is a lot to unpack in the above post so I won't try too hard but a couple of quick things.

1) Is there any kind of ACV type protection for Ashton Gate do we know?

2) The Council, who btw have IMO done us few favours down the years in a range of ways (I could be wrong)...Would a blatant change of use not require further applications, permission etc.

3) This floating and fixed charge to Pula that first appeared in the accounts a few years back...could this form  layer of protection for us or would it go with  takeover?

Thanks in advance. A worrying post though about property development on AG.

It's worth thinking about Mr P.

Lansdown has said repeatedly that it's his club etc etc

What gets you the best return as a buyer?

A rugby team with limited appeal

A struggling loss-making champ club

A tiny basketball club 

Limited revenue from the facilities on non-matchdays, plus not stellar returns ON matchday

OR - a property developer, that can see the hard yards have been done, and will pay much much more for the very desirable location.

There's a hell of a lot of building room left both on AG and AV - and that equals money.

And a lot of leasehold offices for ongoing management

Why does anyone think the Lansdown family will lose out financially to protect a football club, when he can make much more selling the land. It's also simpler to complete the deal.

I'm not saying that this will happen - but they are on their way out, and developers have been looking. 

Lansdowns business ethics are on full display in Africa if anyone cares to dive in to the mucky morass - inc deals with international fugitives wanted on multiple counts of gun-running, and accusations of much worse.

Don't rule anything out at all as far as Lansdown and money are concerned.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Now that would be dramatic. I would be surprised if NP walked and  if SL threw him out. But I can see where your coming from 

There appears from the outside to be a strained relationship between Pearson and the club hierarchy. Pearson is now becoming more outspoken about the finances of the club and quite rightly saying to media ask others within the club. We know SL doesn’t like criticism and this all to me has the feeling of SC at the end 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

There appears from the outside to be a strained relationship between Pearson and the club hierarchy. Pearson is now becoming more outspoken about the finances of the club and quite rightly saying to media ask others within the club. We know SL doesn’t like criticism and this all to me has the feeling of SC at the end 

Many times I've said how Pearson is an absolute master at using the media to his/our advantage and thats how I see it. 

In a couple of interviews he's alluded to the fact that he possibly reads this place and I think he has picked up on the mood from the fanbase and he is basically saying to us that he feels the same as we all do so therefore he avoids any of the flak and the owners instead get it (rightfully so)

• Like 1

While this forum is in numbers small compared to those who attend games, our club will no doubt be fully aware of fans feelings on their lack of ambition and transfer in-activity, despite having multi millions of pounds of transfer money we didnt have a few weeks ago.

We also hear we have maxed out our wage budget again despite NP reducing it, not least by a very recent departure of Kalas.

So we enter deadline day with no available funds/wage budget, will we see our depleted squad depleted even more, by the possible departure of the likes of Vyner or anybody who will fill SL`s bursting wallet with a few more quid, while we hope for mainly untried youngsters to continue our assault to the prem and hope our exp manager will still be here at the end of it. :dunno:

Edited by wtf