IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion at home match thread

30 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Could be wrong but I think the replay will show he just toe-poked it, when he should be lashing that into the net.

He got hold of it well enough, arguably too well as it went more central than into the corner, giving the keeper more of a chance.

Won’t be enough for those that have selected Cornick as this season’s scapegoat though.

• Like 1

Great performance I thought until the legs started going for a few of the players Wells, Pring and Naismith, amazing tackle from him at the end.

I think it’s fair criticism to question the delay in our making changes, arguably making those 10 mins earlier might have stopped the WBA pressure. My only real concern is that at times we are slow to react from the bench.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Great performance I thought until the legs started going for a few of the players Wells, Pring and Naismith, amazing tackle from him at the end.

I think it’s fair criticism to question the delay in our making changes, arguably making those 10 mins earlier might have stopped the WBA pressure. My only real concern is that at times we are slow to react from the bench.

Look at that bench;

Knight-Lebel, King, Nelson, Yeboah, Mehmeti, Dickie, Roberts, Cornick & Bajic.

Look at theirs, we are massively punching above our weight without Conway & Weimann.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Look at that bench;

Look at theirs, we are massively punching above our weight without Conway & Weimann.

Agreed on the difference of the benches, it was more of an observation that generally that we are slow to react to tactical changes and with hindsight today of how the flow changed when we went to a 3 then 5 at the back

• Like 2

Seemed a reasonable reflection. First half we were right into them. Conway would definitely havw taken one of the chances.

West Brom improving isn't a huge surprise, point seems fair and tbh was worried we would due the inability to convert our first half excellence, in particular when they hit woodwork.

Thought the lack of depth showed a bit. Weimann on to run at them though the middle may have given us a second wind, overall though reasonably happy. I was hopeful we may get 4 points from these 2 home games, the lack of goals and conversion is a bit of a worry but okay overall.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Look at that bench;

Punching above our weight is a slight over reaction. 
I actually don’t think the two teams will be far away by the end of the season. I’d prefer our starting line up to theirs today. 

Preston is an example of punching above their weight. 

• Confused 1

I thought in the first half we were brilliant. If we were a 90s pop band it would be Everything But The Goal.

Second half, WBA had the better of things and a draw seemed a happy result in the end.

I do worry about our goalscoring, or lack of. That's 3 blanks in 6 games, and as much as Wells had three good moments in the first half and put in a decent shift, he doesn't carry the goalscoring threat we need.

• Like 3

Thought that was a decent game of football today, we played excellent in the first half, really should if took one of the numurus chances we created, in the 2nd half wba were much better but we defended very well looked strong and still have them problems on the break keep playing like that and we will win at home soon 

My big question in that game is why Pearson waited so long to bring on subs when it became obvious we were hardly able to get the ball out of our half midway through the second half?  Fresh legs were needed after the high intensity first half. West Brom showed what that could do. 

I'm satisfied with our performance. Just think Pearson took too long to shape it up. 

• Like 4