IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion at home match thread

First half thoughts. Far and away the best 45 minutes we have played this season. We have controlled the ball well, looked composed, been on the front foot, created good space and chances.

However, we haven’t scored.

WBA’s main threat has been the ball over the top and given Asante’s pace we need to be careful we don’t get caught.

More of the same in the second half would be great, as the game opens up there will be chances at both ends of the pitch. As usual, the first goal is going to be crucial and on the balance of play, we deserve it, however, as we all know, football doesn’t behave like that!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

As good as the front three have been, and they have been excellent, the central three have been first to everything. Knight, Williams and James have run that midfield. 

James is running the show and looking the sharpest I have seen him here. Fingers crossed he can stay fit for the whole season. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’m stuck at centre parcs on a family holiday, how are we playing?

Very well. All over them. Deserved a goal. Hit the post. 

• Like 2
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’m stuck at centre parcs on a family holiday, how are we playing?

Our front three are terrorising their defence with their movement but I'm struggling to think of a clear chance you'd hope to score, even the shot at an open goal from Sykes was at an acute angle to his direction of travel.

• Like 1