IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion at home match thread

• Admin
Just now, old_eastender said:

0-0 FT, WBA better side in the 2nd half, but, for me, Cornick must score late on, but didn't.

Tbf, it's not like he hit it straight at the keeper, Palmer spread himself and got something on it, it's the reason the xG for that sort of shot is around 0.2-0.3 not closer to 1, they often do get saved.

• Like 1

More positives than negatives in my eyes , if Tommy plays we win that in my opinion goals change games 

with Tommy playing in my eyes HT were 2 up 

happy to keep ticking along start getting some players back , really need 3 points against the janners Tuesday as I honestly can’t see us getting anything at Leicester Saturday ( that goes for most teams by the way think there gonna piss this league ) 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 3
Just now, old_eastender said:

0-0 FT, WBA better side in the 2nd half, but, for me, Cornick must score late on, but didn't.

0.24 xG for the chance, so 1 in 4 of those are scored. A great chance, but an equally good piece of goalkeeping. No shame in being denied by that save.

Overall we played ok. Decent attacking output and some controlled defending supplemented by individually brilliant tackles when needed. Not one for the annals of history but I thought it was a controlled game that could have gotten away from us at times. 

We stay above WBA, and 1.5 points per game and GD of 0 is pretty solid for 6 games in, some of which have been against some early pacesetters. 

• Like 2

Very much a game of two halves!  We won the first half. They won the second half and a draw was probably the right outcome.

Both teams hit the woodwork. Vyner and Naismith made crucial last-minute challenges. A couple of years ago we would’ve lost that in the 93rd minute.

Still, without a home win, but heartened  particularly by our first half performance and our discipline and concentration when we were under the cosh in the second half.

• Like 2

Won two , Drawn three and lost one. 

With the squad we have I thinks that’s a fair reflection where we are. We are missing quality, squads threadbare but you can never fault the effort. 
Really good first half, struggled second. Cornick has to score that. Conway coming back will be massive. Wells works so hard and played very well first half but doesn’t look like he can hit the back of the net atm. 

Need to get a win Tuesday just to relieve some pressure at home. 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Very much a game of two halves!  We won the first half. They won the second half and a draw was probably the right outcome.

Both teams hit the woodwork. Vyner and Naismith made crucial last-minute challenges. A couple of years ago we would’ve lost that in the 93rd minute.

Still, without a home win, but heartened  particularly by our first half performance and our discipline and concentration when we were under the cosh in the second half.

I think that’s a fair point, even last season - certainly season before we lost that last minute.

We defended strongly today, just couldn’t put the ball in the back of the net and rode a bit of luck for 20 mins or so second half

• Admin
Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Probably not worthy of a thread, but I thought that was the best ref performance in some time.

The only big call that he might have got wrong went in our favour (the late pen shout).

Aside from that, the game flowed and he seemed pretty consistent with no unnecessary stoppages.

It was another brilliant tackle by us. If he'd given that as a pen there would have been uproar.

8 minutes ago, Jose said:

Won two , Drawn three and lost one. 

With the squad we have I thinks that’s a fair reflection where we are. We are missing quality, squads threadbare but you can never fault the effort. 
Really good first half, struggled second. Cornick has to score that. Conway coming back will be massive. Wells works so hard and played very well first half but doesn’t look like he can hit the back of the net atm. 

Need to get a win Tuesday just to relieve some pressure at home. 

Great save by their keeper

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably not worthy of a thread, but I thought that was the best ref performance in some time.

The only big call that he might have got wrong went in our favour (the late pen shout).

Aside from that, the game flowed and he seemed pretty consistent with no unnecessary stoppages.

Got the Yeboah one incorrect too imo