IGNORED

Leicester - pre-match interviews

Davefevs

5 hours ago, Ian M said:

IMG_1394.jpeg

Given Nige seems to respect James Piercy (the author of the article) from his interactions with him during press calls, it’s not a huge stretch to believe Piercy’s source is Pearson himself.

That also can mean that NP, is comfortable and confident in the job he is doing and that a contract discussion will happen when appropriate or needed, in fact it could suit NP's bargaining position if we are doing very well and pushing playoffs. I am sure he is not panicking and worrying like some on here about his contract, or hanging on every word that he was not mentioned in a press statement about PA, or somebody at the club has not rushed out to publicly say what a wonderful job he is doing.

Despite what some on here like to make out, SL is no idiot and will also see the direction the club is moving and how important NP is within that. (sure thread will now get derailed with those full of insightful hindsight now saying yes but SL did this wrong, bla bla bla)

Interesting one of the most relaxed interviews following PA departure, who knows if this is a bearing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

(sure thread will now get derailed with those full of insightful hindsight now saying yes but SL did this wrong, bla bla bla)

So in forming an opinion on Steve's decision making we should ignore any bad decisions he made in the past?

Doesn't it logically follow that we should ignore any good decisions he made in the past as well? After all that would be hindsight also.

Or do you want to cherry pick the evidence?

• Flames 1

So I'm intrigued.

What exactly are the terms of NP's contract?

If he gets to the end of the 2023/24 season without being sacked does it keep rolling forwards with a 12 month notice period for example?

Be delighted if someone could actually enlighten me.

PS Manager contracts do not operate in the same way as player contracts.

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

So in forming an opinion on Steve's decision making we should ignore any bad decisions he made in the past?

Doesn't it logically follow that we should ignore any good decisions he made in the past as well? After all that would be hindsight also.

No, but its also very easy with hindsight to be critical which most are, as have very selective memory about their thoughts when those decisions were made.

My point was purely that SL, is not an idiot and will see how good a job NP is doing (I want a new contract for NP)

Do I think SL has always got it right - no

Do I think he did it with the interest of the club and best intensions - yes

Do I think criticism on here is OTT, generally based on no facts - yes

Do I want to see a new owner - yes, but in no rush until the right one is found who can protect the long term future of the club

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hxj said:

So I'm intrigued.

What exactly are the terms of NP's contract?

If he gets to the end of the 2023/24 season without being sacked does it keep rolling forwards with a 12 month notice period for example?

Be delighted if someone could actually enlighten me.

PS Manager contracts do not operate in the same way as player contracts.

I doubt any of us know other than maybe Kid or Shags.

As you say there is no standard contract for managers.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I doubt any of us know other than maybe Kid or Shags.

I suppose it`s a pretty rare occurrence for a manager to get to the end of his contract without having either been sacked, resigned or been offered a new one/extension. I bet it hasn`t happened that often.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I suppose it`s a pretty rare occurrence for a manager to get to the end of his contract without having either been sacked, resigned or been offered a new one/extension. I bet it hasn`t happened that often.

Think Mowbray at Blackburn is a rare one.

Nige now oldest Champ manager

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So actually it could well be that there is no need for a new contract then, the old one keeps rolling on, as most employee contracts do.

I last signed an employment contract in June 2014, still there, still doing the same job, still getting paid ...

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

That also can mean that NP, is comfortable and confident in the job he is doing and that a contract discussion will happen when appropriate or needed, in fact it could suit NP's bargaining position if we are doing very well and pushing playoffs. I am sure he is not panicking and worrying like some on here about his contract, or hanging on every word that he was not mentioned in a press statement about PA, or somebody at the club has not rushed out to publicly say what a wonderful job he is doing.

Despite what some on here like to make out, SL is no idiot and will also see the direction the club is moving and how important NP is within that. (sure thread will now get derailed with those full of insightful hindsight now saying yes but SL did this wrong, bla bla bla)

Interesting one of the most relaxed interviews following PA departure, who knows if this is a bearing

This of course could be true. 

Pearson could have it written into his contract about transfer funds etc. 

49 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Thought Danny Wilson was at the end of his when he left…?

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Thought Danny Wilson was at the end of his when he left…?

Not sure about that, Glyn. Didn't the owner just get his G-string in a twist after losing the playoff final and fire him? (On account of Tinnion reporting back about the drunkard culture that Wislon - hic, burp, zzz - had allowed to develop.)

The playoff final was on a Saturday? And my memory - not what it was! - is that on the Sunday morning we were sat in BH HQ laughing in disbelief at the news that Tinnion was our new manager.

PS. The G stands for Guernsey, mind - Cuernsey-string  ? 

PPS. Imagine that - him in a G-string! ?????

No don't. Just don't. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

• Admin
4 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I made that association too. Not sure if coincidence or not. I’ll just enjoy it for what it was :)

• Admin
3 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

No, but its also very easy with hindsight to be critical which most are, as have very selective memory about their thoughts when those decisions were made.

My point was purely that SL, is not an idiot and will see how good a job NP is doing (I want a new contract for NP)

Do I think SL has always got it right - no

Do I think he did it with the interest of the club and best intensions - yes

Do I think criticism on here is OTT, generally based on no facts - yes

Do I want to see a new owner - yes, but in no rush until the right one is found who can protect the long term future of the club

The other side to SL never praising the job NP has done to this point, he could be intending to offer reduced terms as per the current ethos throughout the job, harder to justify if he’d been praising him in public left, right and centre.

10 minutes ago, Ian M said:

The other side to SL never praising the job NP has done to this point, he could be intending to offer reduced terms as per the current ethos throughout the job, harder to justify if he’d been praising him in public left, right and centre.

Probably ridiculously reduced terms, so he can say that he offered him a contract. ?

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

I think most of SL's good decisions have been caused by luck, rather than his own decision making ability. 

I'm not talking about the stadium or training ground development but about his footballing decisions. 

By and large his footballing decisions have been poor and the managers that have been somewhat successful here was simply him rolling the dice. 

There was nothing to suggest that GJ could lead us to success, same with Cotts and there were no guarantees LJ would keep us up. He simply got lucky.

Danny Wilson would have taken us up in my opinion and the vibes I'm getting about Pearsons relationship with SL reminds me of that.

In a quarter of a century of owning us, the fact we can only point to a handful of managers that have been mildly successful, says it all.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

We know that Lansdown likes a 'yes man' and that Pearson will never be that, but Nige has said himself that he has mellowed in recent years. 

So the hope that I am clinging to in that regard is that Lansdown either appointed him, or agreed to the appointment two and a half years ago when Pearson's prior reputation would have been far more troublesome to him than the reality that he has experienced since. ?