IGNORED

Bristol City is now a big part of my life

The Original OTIB

• The title was changed to Bristol City is now a big part of my life
1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Crikey they love him at Leicester, everyone i talked to couldn't praise him enough. 

From their fans today we had a Nige song, a Matty James song and a few rounds of applause for Andy King as he warmed up. 

The most Bristol City friendly crowd ever. 

If you don't renew his contract though we'll loathe you almost as much as you will ?

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Crikey they love him at Leicester, everyone i talked to couldn't praise him enough. 

From their fans today we had a Nige song, a Matty James song and a few rounds of applause for Andy King as he warmed up. 

And we were saved from "When you're smiling" !

38 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Why? Why the **** does there always have to be an agenda? Clearly about whether he is looking to emulate what he did at Leicester, but no it has to be a dig at the owners. Not often I do this but FFS!

And I won't be remotely surprised if the same people having a go at SL for trying (having tried a number of different approaches) a more prudent approach, are amongst the same people who would have applauded 10 year contracts for players on Div 1 money.

"Shows ambition, innit".

As for what Nige said, clearly he is quite invested in the region now (and I'm sure his salary helps), and is likely eager to have another success on his CV before his retirement, hopefully this happens whilst he is under contract with us, and if talks about a new deal haven't yet started, I hope they are scheduled as if you look down the table, there must be a few managers wondering if they'll still be employed in 6 weeks time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

He’s not speaking like a man whose future is up in the air. That’s been the case for a few weeks now. 

I think something is imminent.

I don’t know. He’s a clever chap. I think he’ll be aware that there’s a little bit of pressure on SL around a new deal, he’ll be using that subtly I reckon. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I love the guy. Dealt a crap hand however has created a culture at the club that I can align with. Of course I’d love a bit more quality but first thing is a side who wear the badge with pride and earns its money. Our energy levels and game enthusiasm appears higher than it has been for years. The side appear in it together. That’ll do for me. 

Yes very much so. We don't have any 'superstars' but a team who will work for eachother which is all you can ask. 

I think we are all very aware of the restrictions Pearson has had to work under since he arrived. I would like to see how he fares with a bit less restraint though, let the real Nigel emerge and trust him and his team.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I love the guy. Dealt a crap hand however has created a culture at the club that I can align with. Of course I’d love a bit more quality but first thing is a side who wear the badge with pride and earns its money. Our energy levels and game enthusiasm appears higher than it has been for years. The side appear in it together. That’ll do for me. 

Fully agree with this.

He’s done a cracking job here, I can’t remember the last time I looked forward to each game so much.

Even when we lose we’ve usually been competitive or an entertaining game. Even the 0-0 against West Brom was a decent watch

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

Really enjoyed those words of Nige, clearly BCFC and what could be achieved here is important to him not just another football job.

A while ago now and for us oldies really but took me back to Terry Cooper’s emotional interview after the Wembley FR Trophy final “….::this is my team, mine and Clive’s”

Just hope the contract extension document for Nige is in the printer tray.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I don’t know. He’s a clever chap. I think he’ll be aware that there’s a little bit of pressure on SL around a new deal, he’ll be using that subtly I reckon. 

I would be very surprised if we wouldn’t be hearing more ‘for as long as I’m here’ type talk, if there was genuinely zero movement or word on the contract. He’s talking like someone who knows his future is secure and is here.

18 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Really enjoyed those words of Nige, clearly BCFC and what could be achieved here is important to him not just another football job.

A while ago now and for us oldies really but took me back to Terry Cooper’s emotional interview after the Wembley FR Trophy final “….::this is my team, mine and Clive’s”

Just hope the contract extension document for Nige is in the printer tray.

Let’s hope it’s not been faxed! ?

• Haha 2

Don't think a few rounds of "x more years, x more years Nigel Pearson" after a home game would hurt.

If the rumours on here of Nige and SL not seeing eye to eye have some truth, then it wouldn't hurt at all for the fans to show we want him to have his contract renewed.

Show SL/names of other senior people that the fans want him to stay and continue.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

there was one bloke who wasn't a fan tho' ...

(clue: his wife is a grass)

14 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'd say 3 year but either way he has more than earned it, 2-3 years.

He IMO earned it some time ago.

Indeed. Let him be the one to benefit from the ‘nest egg’ that is being built up as opposed to gambling it with a new manager.

I have said it before but i would love to see what Nige could do with a proper transfer kitty one summer.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

On 24/09/2023 at 11:01, Bris Red said:

Indeed. Let him be the one to benefit from the ‘nest egg’ that is being built up as opposed to gambling it with a new manager.

I have said it before but i would love to see what Nige could do with a proper transfer kitty one summer.

Yes it's all very well to sign up NP for a further 2/3 years. But he needs a transfer budget to work with. Is SL prepared to find the premier league dream?

• Like 1