IGNORED

RobinsTV - Unwatchable

Bourne End Red

I was particularly disappointed with the app: maybe I was the only one with this problem, but I couldn't see the match full screen by rotating the smartphone (whereas with the video of the official site the rotation worked). Then the stream didn't work at all, like it happened to me with the audio pass of the Preston H game: I pressed play but the video stopped every 2 seconds. Even in this case, no problem with the site's streaming, so probably only an app issue.

Edited by Dan Robin

Received this (re last week) when I contacted them about todays RTV being unwatchable 

* IMPORTANT * 
Streaming Outage 23/09/23

Please be aware if you are contacting us regarding a refund for the streaming outage on 23/09/2023, please make sure you reply to this email, where a member of the team will get back to you ASAPregarding your refund.

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Received this (re last week) when I contacted them about todays RTV being unwatchable 

* IMPORTANT * 
Streaming Outage 23/09/23

Please be aware if you are contacting us regarding a refund for the streaming outage on 23/09/2023, please make sure you reply to this email, where a member of the team will get back to you ASAPregarding your refund.

I assume they will automatically prorata refund this week as well? This may put some subscribers massively in credit depending on which administrator is processing their refund.

• Admin
17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Ive sent a message to Jerry. Poor bugger, asking him to send the information up the food chain!

The club were made aware of previous problems when the SC&T last met with them, we will ensure this bigger problem is raised when we meet with them next 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The club were made aware of previous problems when the SC&T last met with them, we will ensure this bigger problem is raised when we meet with them next 

Thanks Phantom. Yes I remember you mentioned it to them. 

unfortunately Saturday was unwatchable (enter joke here)

Usually the audio for the radio Bristol commentary is the issue, (not turned on)  however the video being no good (at home and away) two weeks running points to a major fault somewhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Why bother with RTV

Every game i have not been able to get to i have watched online for frer with no issues....ok so i had radio Stoke comms yesterday but still watched the game... i have lost toomuch £ on RTV in the padt and will not bother again...

To financially support the club, though they seem to be trying to make it an undesirable option. Whilst the issue is with StreamAMG, they are providing the stream on behalf of Bristol City. I wonder if City are going to bin them off offer an alternatibe service running via JL's laptop in the Bahamas.

• Robin 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

To financially support the club, though they seem to be trying to make it an undesirable option. Whilst the issue is with StreamAMG, they are providing the stream on behalf of Bristol City. I wonder if City are going to bin them off offer an alternatibe service running via JL's laptop in the Bahamas.

Me too.

1 hour ago, Simple Red said:

I was on holiday in Crete and paid the £10 for the match. I had the same problems as everyone else. I have since complained to Bristol City TV support, who have told me that nobody else has complained, so jog on. Has anybody else complained to them?

Yes emailed Sat eve asking for refund received standard email back, waiting to see if refund is received.

On 01/10/2023 at 09:54, phantom said:

I've just seen this below email that the club sent someone. 

It's very very clear that many people (the majority) had issues on Saturday and the club have sent this email out saying its not their fault and that everything is fine. 

Can you mention this to them too cos seems like they are just burying their heads in the sand rather than acknowledging the issue is from the clubs end. 

I'm actually quite annoyed reading this. Do they think we are that stupid? 

Once again another PR own goal by the club. 

FB_IMG_1696275680585.jpg

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's very very clear that many people (the majority) had issues on Saturday and the club have sent this email out saying its not their fault and that everything is fine. 

Can you mention this to them too cos seems like they are just burying their heads in the sand rather than acknowledging the issue is from the clubs end. 

FB_IMG_1696275680585.jpg

What an absolute joke of a reply. I'd complain if I wasn't at the ground.

A family member certainly had the issues described, and texted me just before half three to ask for help. The problem persisted til half time and they gave up, but tried again just in time to see Stoke's winner.

I'm sure many people have complained so StreamAMG are jerking your chain. You could go back and say you are aware of lots of people with the same issue, so it was clearly their problem.

I can watch on sky Wednesday, but if we can watch on rtv I'll make sure I do so I can report problems first hand. I'll even take a picture if they want.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

FB_IMG_1696275680585.jpg

Didn’t the club put out a message DURING THE GAME saying they were having issues?

How can they now claim this?

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

FB_IMG_1696275680585.jpg

I am in complete shock... not at the nature of the reply, but the fact that someone actually managed to solicit a response from the Club. 

Edited by Final 3 Star
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Yes they did. 

That email is just another example of the ongoing poor communication problems happening at the club/Bristol Sport. Completely unprofessional. 

I’d reply with the in-game message.  That’s piss-poor imho.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Final 3 Star said:

I am in complete shock... not at the nature of the reply, but the fact that someone actually managed to solicit a response from the Club. 

The robinstvsupport is provided by streamAMG.

Possibly why the email that @W-S-M Seagull quoted got sent, when the club themselves acknowledged there was an issue.

Don't get me wrong, streamAMG must also know there's an issue, but might be trying to pull a fast one, because they don't want more problems from the client (city).

I assume Ron Walker commentates directly off the FL feed, before the commentary is added, rather than the rtv consumer feed. In which case it was clearly getting to city okay.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The robinstvsupport is provided by streamAMG.

Possibly why the email that @W-S-M Seagull quoted got sent, when the club themselves acknowledged there was an issue.

Don't get me wrong, streamAMG must also know there's an issue, but might be trying to pull a fast one, because they don't want more problems from the client (city).

I assume Ron Walker commentates directly off the FL feed, before the commentary is added, rather than the rtv consumer feed. In which case it was clearly getting to city okay.

Understood. I've had my fair share of back and forth with streamAMG, Sleepy, and let's just say they're not the most astute communicators I've ever encountered. At one point they referred my to Bristol Sport, who couldn't even muster the courtesy of a response.

• Sad 1