IGNORED

RobinsTV - Unwatchable

Bourne End Red

Having sent them a copy of their post at halftime, stating that they knew that multiple people were experiencing problems. I asked if they were lying, or just stupid, as they were now saying that there were no problems. I have received a £10 refund, but no apology.

I am voting with my cash, I am a season ticket holder, but won’t be spending another penny in the stadium, I’ll continue to look forward to the “tempting” rewards scheme, but think that I can just about avoid it’s fantastic allure.

Edited by Simple Red
Mistake

On 30/09/2023 at 17:39, Gazred said:

I was genuinely torn on if to contact them to give the money back but after today and their own incompetence, i think i'm going to take the free ride for as long as it works.

Just had an email from Stream AMG, they have now reversed the transaction, took £140 back, said they will then send the partial refund shortly. Blamed a system error for it but no apology or prior warning, got a notification from my bank at the same time as the email arrived.

What if you don't have the funds in your account at the time or if you do, what if you can't afford the £140 today? Thankfully i did but might not be the same for everyone.

Edited by Gazred
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Just had an email from Stream AMG, they have now reversed the transaction, took £140 back, said they will then send the partial refund shortly. Blamed a system error for it but no apology or prior warning, got a notification from my bank at the same time as the email arrived.

What if you don't have the funds in your account at the time or if you do, what if you can't afford the £140 today? Thankfully i did but might not be the same for everyone.

me too

they refunded the whole season TV pass to my account without warning.

now emailed to say they have taken that back - it was in error -  and will refund the relevant amount.

such a professional service. :)

Total incompetence, having spent 3 weeks emailing robins tv we are now £170 down plus xchange rate costs as they have taken double subscriptions without permission,then refunded one and now cancelled the subscription! All we wanted as a refund for the Stoke game.

so 170+ down, no subscription so we cannot watch today’s match without spending another £10 .

With sharp practice like this I think a call to Trading Standards….unfortunately you no longer have access to a board member to alert them to the incompetence being carried out in  their name.

• Admin
36 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

Total incompetence, having spent 3 weeks emailing robins tv we are now £170 down plus xchange rate costs as they have taken double subscriptions without permission,then refunded one and now cancelled the subscription! All we wanted as a refund for the Stoke game.

so 170+ down, no subscription so we cannot watch today’s match without spending another £10 .

With sharp practice like this I think a call to Trading Standards….unfortunately you no longer have access to a board member to alert them to the incompetence being carried out in  their name.

Out of interest who was accessible in the past? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

This is wholly unacceptable, and something that the SLO/Bristol City should be sorting out on your behalf.

If you look at the RobinsTV terms and conditions here your contract is with Bristol City, not StreamAMG. Maybe you should send a complaint/registered letter to Bristol City (or Bristol Sport)? You'd want to send it to an appropriate executive. Anyway StreamAMG seem to be listed at companies house under Stream UK Media Service Ltd (I found that company name here.) if you want to contact them.

If it were me, my remedial requirements would include any 'ongoing/future' additional costs incurred as a result of them taking RTV away, so for example any expenditure for today, Weds, etc., is refunded. I'd ask to be made whole in the currency charged in.

Good luck with this - quite frankly these people are an embarrassment.

• Like 3

On 16/10/2023 at 11:37, Gazred said:

I've since had the partial refund paid back of £7.50 which covers both the Leicester and Stoke games. That's all fair enough but baring in mind i never even asked for a refund, it's been a right old mess and i appear to have gotten off lightly compared to some of the rest of you.

As mentioned above, we are customers of BCFC, not Stream AMG. We shouldn't even be hearing from them but it was them that issued me the full refund and BCFC the partial one. Whole thing has been a total mess.

6 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

This is wholly unacceptable, and something that the SLO/Bristol City should be sorting out on your behalf.

If you look at the RobinsTV terms and conditions here your contract is with Bristol City, not StreamAMG. Maybe you should send a complaint/registered letter to Bristol City (or Bristol Sport)? You'd want to send it to an appropriate executive. Anyway StreamAMG seem to be listed at companies house under Stream UK Media Service Ltd (I found that company name here.) if you want to contact them.

If it were me, my remedial requirements would include any 'ongoing/future' additional costs incurred as a result of them taking RTV away, so for example any expenditure for today, Weds, etc., is refunded. I'd ask to be made whole in the currency charged in.

Hey guys. Jerry gives the email address of the company in the SLO sub forum.

Problems as annoying as this I would suggest copying him and he will make sure those that need to know are contacted. 

Phantom and Jerry have been very helpful taking this nonsense up on our behalf. 

Hopefully the stream is not utter garbage again today! 

Last game of my monthly pass and for now I won't renew it.

One of the reason Is that I didn't receive a full refund for the famous double payment error (20£ instead of 25).

I hope the service will increase, because my previous experiences with RobinsTV were better than the current One 

On 30/09/2023 at 15:03, Bourne End Red said:

On the app I used to play the commentary and it used to stay on if that makes sense.

this season if I don’t keep clicking on my phone so it doesn’t go into standby mode I lose the commentary until I open my phone again.

any way around this ?

Go into settings and turn off Auto lock for the duration of the game. Stops the phone going to sleep. Does mean you have to stay of the app for the duration. If you check a message the app will close.

This app upgrade is absolute garbage. They must be really scraping the barrel with the app developer. Certainly no testing done before it was released. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Agreed a point I made to Dave Barton  our contract is with them. They cannot keep blaming the poor service on others. We pay our money to city  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Red Cloud said:

Is it just me or is it still impossible to watch in Landscape mode? - Portrait is so tiny, I ended up going the IPTV route on the weekend - I'm TRYING to give BCC money and they obviously don't want it

I can only get the “full screen” arrows to work on my MacBook on chrome browser.  Doesn’t work on safari, and iPad RTV app doesn’t work at all.

I was in The Cornish quarter of Romania on Saturday, the girls had gone out shopping, so I output to the big tv via hdmi.  It was great.  2 bouts of 3 second buffering and the usual half time refresh (I reckon they do a login check at half-time) was the only negligible issue.