IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Just about to set off now, one of the closer trips for me (albeit 2 hours up the A1)

Not a new one for me though, I went up in December for our fairly convincing lunch time win ahead of the WC quarter final with France.

Probably won't be as straight forward tonight, but should really still be a game we're winning

2 hours up the A1 usually means 4 hours 🙈

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Minor in the scheme of things but no idea why Nelson is on the bench instead of one of Knight-Lebel or Araoye.

The subs bench already includes Weimann, Yeboah, Wells, Conway & Mehmeti, so the chance of us calling on this lad is practically zero.

There is only 1 defender on the bench & the only midfielder there is 35 next month, though I accept Andi Weimann could play there, but absolutely loads of attacking players.

Guess it’s a simple case that Roberts covers LCB / LB, Nelson covers RB / RM, or Sykes can drop in.

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Minor in the scheme of things but no idea why Nelson is on the bench instead of one of Knight-Lebel or Araoye.

The subs bench already includes Weimann, Yeboah, Wells, Conway & Mehmeti, so the chance of us calling on this lad is practically zero.

There is only 1 defender on the bench & the only midfielder there is 35 next month, though I accept Andi Weimann could play there, but absolutely loads of attacking players.

Noticed that on Sat and commented, very unbalanced bench. Could understand it more at home maybe, but a bit puzzling away from home if we pick up an injury/booking in the wrong part of the team. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Not travelling back between tonight and Leeds on Saturday (confirmed by Curtis Fleming on Radio Bristol).

Getting home in the middle of the night tonight and travelling back up on Friday. Surprising decision 

Would assume that’ll mean as much time in the hydro pool/chamber in the early hours + most of tomorrow then, then travelling back up. Rather than a few nights in a hotel and trying to borrow some facilities from someone for two days

35 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I wasn't going to bother saying anything, but we'll never win an accessibility award. Design For Dummies on the fever pitch Christmas list?

Yeh, it's one of those things that's both meaningless and meaningful at the same time. Just weird to suddenly ditch the good block font we had...

But anyway. Looking forward to bouncing back tonight with another good away win!

• Flames 1
9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Noticed that on Sat and commented, very unbalanced bench. Could understand it more at home maybe, but a bit puzzling away from home if we pick up an injury/booking in the wrong part of the team. 

Think 9 subs can lead to that thinking.  We can only use 5, and there’s 1 versatile player - Roberts - on the bench, plus versatile players on the pitch if needed too.

I think Araoye / Knight-Lebel are seen by Nige as not quite ready to expose, they’ve been finding it hard in u21s…so not worth “wasting” a place on the bench.

• Like 1