IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

1 minute ago, The chief said:

I’d take a point to stop the losing run tonight - and any result takes the pressure off a bit for Leeds, where we can deploy the  counter attack without being under the pressure of successive defeats …This is the bigger game of the 2 for us today- need a result . 

I wouldn’t take a point tonight. Away from home or not, we should be looking at all 3 points.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Millers22 said:

Hjelde, Coventry & Fosu were all short term loans & have since departed

We did break our transfer record twice in the same week in the summer (still peanuts to most Ch clubs) in bringing in Cafu from Forest & Nombe from Exeter, also Sean Morrison, Sam Clucas, Fred Onyedinma & Grant Hall in so the chairman has certainly tried his level best.

Yeah for Taylor over Warne IMO.

I know relative to the level it is quite low but summer 2022 Warne was signing players like Kioso, Brammall Washington, Eaves okay Norton-Cuffy and Hall on loan, while also losing Iheweke, Ladapo and Smith from the promotion side.

There is a clear difference in level of backing, or at least I suspect the signings by Taylor will cost more than Warne's did.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Should be a banker away win and whilst no game in the championship is easy, I hope we do not think we have won the game again when we go 2-0 up and stroll around to lose 3-2 again.  The Stoke game showed that we have a serious problem with our mentality and it's not the first time we have "fooked it up two nil" is it.

Why should it be a banker away win? Rotherham home form this season isnt too bad, it's their away where they're really struggling.

Also when else have we recently 'fooked it up two nil'? We did it once in the whole of last season I think, drawing 2-2 at home to Boro. Not sure throwing away a 2-0 lead very rarely shows a 'serious problem with our mentality', it happens sometimes to nearly every team, just a poor result rather than anything deeper...

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
17 hours ago, Millers22 said:

Hi Guys, Millers fan here & I think you'll have a harder game than a lot of you City fans expect.

Basically we're struggling because we're pony away from home but our home form is decent...ish

Blackburn H 2-2 Got shafted by Bobby Madley after he sent one of our players off for two yellows, first for over celebrating his goal & the second for waving the card sign after he was fouled, we were 2-0 up at the time.

Leicester H 1-2 Played well, Hugill goal disallowed, McAteer scored an 87th min winner

Norwich H 2-1 Played them off the park & should have won by more

PNE H 1-1 Decent performance against the then league leaders

Think It’ll be an interest one. You’re better at home, we’re much better away. There’ll be goals. 

• Like 1

Just about to set off now, one of the closer trips for me (albeit 2 hours up the A1)

Not a new one for me though, I went up in December for our fairly convincing lunch time win ahead of the WC quarter final with France.

Probably won't be as straight forward tonight, but should really still be a game we're winning

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nice team.

Not nice to have abandoned the clear and accessible font in favour of a return to this serif nonsense.

I wasn't going to bother saying anything, but we'll never win an accessibility award. Design For Dummies on the fever pitch Christmas list?

• Like 1

Minor in the scheme of things but no idea why Nelson is on the bench instead of one of Knight-Lebel or Araoye.

The subs bench already includes Weimann, Yeboah, Wells, Conway & Mehmeti, so the chance of us calling on this lad is practically zero.

There is only 1 defender on the bench & the only midfielder there is 35 next month, though I accept Andi Weimann could play there, but absolutely loads of attacking players.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2