IGNORED

Rotherham away match thread

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sky doing their best to find something interesting to talk about and failing.

It was incredibly hard to persuade my colleagues to watch Rotherham v City instead of Newcastle v PSG or Dortmund v Milan...think I won a couple of them round though.*

*I did not win any of them round.

• Haha 7
45 minutes ago, eardun said:

Deserves his chance given his performance on Saturday 

Surely Wells deserves to start ahead of Cornick having scored in the last game? Wells basically did his job ie. Score. Bit harsh being dropped. Strikers thrive on confidence and momentum so the obvious thing would be to play him again. Also persisting with Naismith when everyone generally agrees he's a liability there & we lack pace. Pring for me with Robertson LB, who I think should be an automatic starter anyway. He can think himself unlucky for continually being out of the starting 11

• Like 1
Just now, BS15_RED said:

Is it me, or has the presentation on Sky Sports really gone to the dogs? 

They absolutely do not want to show this game. It is only on because it ticks a box for showing the two teams that Sky really only put on because they have to. It's the "get your haircut by the trainee for half price" kind of game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
12 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Would assume that’ll mean as much time in the hydro pool/chamber in the early hours + most of tomorrow then, then travelling back up. Rather than a few nights in a hotel and trying to borrow some facilities from someone for two days

It said NOT travelling back in the post? 

2 minutes ago, JAWS said:

Surely Wells deserves to start ahead of Cornick having scored in the last game? Wells basically did his job ie. Score. Bit harsh being dropped. Strikers thrive on confidence and momentum so the obvious thing would be to play him again. Also persisting with Naismith when everyone generally agrees he's a liability there & we lack pace. Pring for me with Robertson LB, who I think should be an automatic starter anyway. He can think himself unlucky for continually being out of the starting 11

I don’t think we can afford him to get injured unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Is it me, or has the presentation on Sky Sports really gone to the dogs? 

It is poor, but how do you make Rotherham v City sound interesting to people who aren’t supporters of either team? Sky are going to put their C list presenters / pundits on a match like this. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

They absolutely do not want to show this game. It is only on because it ticks a box for showing the two teams that Sky really only put on because they have to. It's the "get your haircut by the trainee for half price" kind of game.

Exactly - doing this match means Sky can show both teams they don’t want to show in one hit. 

• Like 1