IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

Ultimately, a one goal loss at both Leicester and Leeds maybe flattering overall, but if you battle away there is always a chance.

O well. Leeds deserves it, but ok overall. Not rolled over in either and maybe on another day could have stole something.

Disappointing always to lose, but far from shamed. Good time for a break for us.

• Like 6
Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

Each to their own, but I absolutely despise this way of thinking.

Unfortunately, I worry that this thought process is far too embedded within the club and fanbase.

Luton, Bournemouth, Wigan, Barnsley, etc didn't seem to think that they should just be happy as a midtable Championship team, but apparently the biggest club in the 7th biggest city in England, who are one of the better teams in the division in terms of attendances, can't expect to ever be better than average.

In the grand scheme of things, there's absolutely no reason why we can't achieve just as much as almost any other Championship club.

Hear hear 👏🏻

• Like 1

Weve been disappointing 2nd half. Had something to hang on at 1-1 but very little composure in the ball . Caught in possession way too many times when we could have got through them. I know it was a close game but 2nd half very poor football from us. Subs didn’t work either and was a shame to see Tgh not shifted into midfield with the changes. 

What do we take from this?

Need another goalie to compete with Max

Cornick and Mehmeti not going to deliver for us.

Williams also is not consistent enough, plus temperament?

We  miss Atkinson and Vyner enormously 

We need another scoring forward as well as TC

Still need a commanding centre half

A negative result, but great effort from the lads, especially for the defensive work done. There were some good attacking moments in the second half too, but we lacked a bit of quality and some subs were not so effective. Max could have done better for their second goal but he made also some good saves.

Edited by Dan Robin
2 minutes ago, The chief said:

Weve been disappointing 2nd half. Had something to hang on at 1-1 but very little composure in the ball . Caught in possession way too many times when we could have got through them. I know it was a close game but 2nd half very poor football from us. Subs didn’t work either and was a shame to see Tgh not shifted into midfield with the changes. 

I thought we did well in the second half, without threatening their goal as much as we would have wanted.

7 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Each to their own, but I absolutely despise this way of thinking.

Unfortunately, I worry that this thought process is far too embedded within the club and fanbase.

Luton, Bournemouth, Wigan, Barnsley, etc didn't seem to think that they should just be happy as a midtable Championship team, but apparently the biggest club in the 7th biggest city in England, who are one of the better teams in the division in terms of attendances, can't expect to ever be better than average.

In the grand scheme of things, there's absolutely no reason why we can't achieve just as much as almost any other Championship club.

Pre FFP, pre Parachutes being as decisive. I sort of take your point but you have to look at each case individually then analyse from there.