IGNORED

Coventry forum

22A

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Knight, Naismith, Wells, Tanner all out. Going to be a TOUGH game.

My patience is starting to wear thin with all these continued injuries. But more so that once again i'm going to be paying to watch us play with the 1 recognised CB. All that money we got for Scott and still we find ourselves possibly playing with 1 cb. 

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Knight, Naismith, Wells, Tanner all out. Going to be a TOUGH game.

Knight and Naismith are doubts rather than ruled out completely aren't they? Or has there been more info since whatever I read?

I think my main worry if both Tanner and Knight are out is how exactly we'll get Taylor Gardner-Hickman to cover two positions at once...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Knight and Naismith are doubts rather than ruled out completely aren't they? Or has there been more info since whatever I read?

I think my main worry if both Tanner and Knight are out is how exactly we'll get Taylor Gardner-Hickman to cover two positions at once...

“Kal Naismith has had a calf situation that we have looked at and we’ll have to see how he comes through today’s session,” Pearson said in his pre-match press conference on Thursday.

“Knighty has got an illness, and so he’s not been in today. You can do all the planning that you want through the international break, and we get the internationals back and they are physically okay but again, there’s always something that crops up.

38 minutes ago, Super said:

“Kal Naismith has had a calf situation that we have looked at and we’ll have to see how he comes through today’s session,” Pearson said in his pre-match press conference on Thursday.

“Knighty has got an illness, and so he’s not been in today. You can do all the planning that you want through the international break, and we get the internationals back and they are physically okay but again, there’s always something that crops up.

Yeah - that was what I thought I'd read.

If the doubts are outs, and Conway's not ready to start (no idea if he is or isn't btw) presuming we'd go

O'Leary

TGH   Dickie  Pring   Roberts

Williams      James

Weimann

Sykes       Cornick       Bell

My issue would be less with that line-up but more that would only leave us with three even vaguely experienced players on the bench (King, Conway, Mehmeti)

34 minutes ago, Tony Tootle said:

Anyone know when Vyner is likely to be back?

Originally Pearson said four to six weeks was the timeline. That was about four weeks ago. I think he also said he was going to have a scan in about two weeks so I'd guess early to mid November if the scan results are okay.

Edited by LondonBristolian
Edited because I am somehow getting Pring and Wells confused!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

If the doubts are outs, and Conway's not ready to start (no idea if he is or isn't btw) presuming we'd go

O'Leary

TGH   Dickie  Wells   Roberts

Williams      James

Weimann

My issue would be less with that line-up but more that would only leave us with three even vaguely experienced players on the bench (King, Conway, Mehmeti)

Originally Pearson said four to six weeks was the timeline. That was about four weeks ago. I think he also said he was going to have a scan in about two weeks so I'd guess early to mid November if the scan results are okay.

Wells at CB would certainly be interesting

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

O'Leary

TGH   Dickie  Wells   Roberts

Williams      James

Weimann

We are struggling if Nakhi is CB!

• Haha 1

Most telling thing in that pre match, is it sounds very much like there’s going to be no contract decision for Nige until the end of the season at best. 

“up to the club to decide, but would suggest all the hard work that’s been put in shows that we’re starting to go in the right direction”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Assuming Knight and Naismith join Tanner and Wells is missing this, we’re likely to go: O’Leary; Gardner-Hickman, Dickie, Roberts, Pring; James, Williams; Sykes, Weimann, Bell, Cornick. 

Not the most creative XI and a point looks like it might be a good result IMO. 

4 minutes ago, tin said:

Assuming Knight and Naismith join Tanner and Wells is missing this, we’re likely to go: O’Leary; Gardner-Hickman, Dickie, Roberts, Pring; James, Williams; Sykes, Weimann, Bell, Cornick. 

And flimsy as anything at the back

8 minutes ago, tin said:

Conway not ready to start yet?

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Oops - have now corrected! 

If anyone has any theories on how I confused two surnames with literally none of the same letters in them, do let me know!

Obvious, innit?

One can draw water from a Well, and the missing ‘S’ was pinched from (S)Pring, from which you can also get water.

Or something like that.

Or just taking the water.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

58 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Most telling thing in that pre match, is it sounds very much like there’s going to be no contract decision for Nige until the end of the season at best. 

“up to the club to decide, but would suggest all the hard work that’s been put in shows that we’re starting to go in the right direction”

Yeah it wasn’t a great pre match press conference. Maybe the injuries haven’t helped either, but it wasn’t a positive ‘presser’ from Nige.

35 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Pearson said he is ready to start.

The only positive that came out of that. Otherwise pretty shite…