IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

The problem is, the more we think about it, the more baffled and angry we become about this bizarre situation. 

The more I think about it the more I agree with it.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

That’s not actually true

He should never have been appointed in the first place , not at that time , for sure

Obviously.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If Pearson is sacked at this present point in time, I'll be cancelling my direct debit for 3 season tickets. I've never done that before. 

As we'll both be at a loose end at 3pm on a Saturday, we could both meet up every week and just thank each other 🤣🤣

We could go to see the Seagulls. Or Bristol Manor Farm. 

It would be an honour to 'thank' you in person. 👍

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If Pearson is sacked at this present point in time, I'll be cancelling my direct debit for 3 season tickets. I've never done that before. 

As we'll both be at a loose end at 3pm on a Saturday, we could both meet up every week and just thank each other 🤣🤣

Well, if you cancel your DD you'll have the finance company after you as its nothing to do with BCFC.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

They should do of course but I suspect they don't. 

It will genuinely be a shame if the owners manage to turn a potentially patient, peaceful, and managed succession into a crisis.

Alternatively they have already lined someone up, got rid of the CEO to soon replace them with someone who has worked closely with the new manager…..who knows. 

55 minutes ago, lenred said:

Can you just stfu with your constant trolling. It’s really ******* tedious.  

This site would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything - it's what makes it a lively and interesting.

And you really can't just call people trolls and direct these sort of comments at them simply because they disagree with your views.

Lighten up and come back with something a bit more intelligent and inciteful.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

For me Nigel is not the Messiah - but he has earned and deserves far more respect than he is getting from the club.

Why are we in a better/good position as a club, largely because of him. 

Why is our future looking optimistic again on the financial and playing side, largely because of him. 

For me he’s earned the right to continue in the role, be publicly supported through his recovery and, all being well on that front, be fully backed financially. 

However, if he goes, I’m a Bristol City, not Nigel Pearson fan - so…if we make an exciting appointment, get in a cracking CEO and even a new head of performance for example to work alongside Tinnion and use these foundations to go up another level, I’m ultimately happy with that.

My fear is that is not going to happen, I have absolutely no trust that we won’t see another Holden-esque appointment and so begins another failed SL experiment, decline and all these foundations NP has put in place will wash away in the tide. Why fix what’s not broken?

But maybe SL can prove us wrong…time will tell, maybe he will make the right appointment and actually seriously, I mean, top 6 seriously back them.

But we’ve been here before haven’t we?! New manager, same expectations, same average budgets, same old issues behind the scenes. Same old underachieving City with one common denominator holding on and holding us back…

• Like 4
  • Flames 4

10 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Alternatively they have already lined someone up, got rid of the CEO to soon replace them with someone who has worked closely with the new manager…..who knows. 

I will be pissed off if it turns out they do not have a plan. 

I will not be pissed off if they do have a plan. 

Is that ok with you?

49 minutes ago, nellie said:

I love this club but the powers that be really **** me off they have no clue 

When I think of this club, I think of the people that made a difference.

Before my time, John Atyeo, Harry Dolman. The Ashton Gate 8, Beryl Fudge, Terry Cooper, Jerry SLO (even though he gets a bit slated here), my mates I used to go with who have passed on, various players and games. Cotts, who despite everything should be remembered a double winning manager. Maybe the job Nigel P has done when he leaves.

What I don't think about is Steve Lansdown. And that says everything.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They haven't gone public and they don't need to that is true. Unfortunately where the "plan" fails is they've forgotten to inform Nige about it too........if you think that's the way to treat somebody you have respect for then all power to you, not for many of us though.

How do you know they haven’t? 

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

When I think of this club, I think of the people that made a difference.

Before my time, John Atyeo, Harry Dolman. The Ashton Gate 8, Beryl Fudge, Terry Cooper, Jerry SLO (even though he gets a bit slated here), my mates I used to go with who have passed on, various players and games. Cotts, who despite everything should be remembered a double winning manager. Maybe the job Nigel P has done when he leaves.

What I don't think about is Steve Lansdown. And that says everything.

Don’t forget Jon (Kit design 👍🏻)

• Haha 3

The ignore button really calms this thread down a bit 😂.

it seems the writing is on the wall - probably the most nonsensical sacking in recent history (assuming it happens). Given that Pearson was the most sensible lansdown appointment since cotts, I’m really worried about what’s next…

Edited by Red Army 87
  • Like 1

Just now, ciderwithtommy said:

Ok so if Pearson goes, rennie goes, king goes I would imagine - with a budget being cut, and players who joined and are committed to Nige (James specifically) - SL and co should be aware that if they do this, it could end very, very badly. It’s a huge risk. 

I work at a demanding company, some of my colleagues I don’t really like, but I know their value. You don’t have to be mates, in fact it can help when you are not. 

My 2 pence, he will appoint a more subservient coach, and back them with the funds which would have enabled nige to get us ti the top 6. The new coach won’t achieve it, and we will have wasted another 3 years. 

Alternatively, that big pot of money from the Scott sale is being deliberately saved for the new guy - in which case we can upgrade significantly, both in terms of quality and numbers. All ifs and buts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red Army 87 said:

The ignore button really calms this thread down a bit 😂.

it seems the writing is on the wall - probably the most nonsensical sacking in recent history (assuming it happens). Given that Pearson was the most sensible lansdown appointment since cotts, I’m really worried about what’s next…

Lansdown didn't appoint Cotts. It was Keith Dawe I believe 

• Like 2