IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Anyone have any info on Tommy Backwell, who is on the bench today? I only know that he's 20 and a midfielder.

Bristolian.

City fan, so is his Dad & his Grandad…

Done well for the 21s but never given a chance before, he certainly gets “stuck in”, think Tommy Doc.

Delighted for him & his family, if he gets on he will give everything & is probably good odds for a yellow card..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Admin
13 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. Was always true. He was on a train to Manchester yesterday afternoon and happened to be sat by a group of City lads. 
Ligaments. 4-6 weeks. 

A glimmer of hope at least Naismith is currently planned for a run out against Watford on Tuesday, I just hope we don't rush him back 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, phantom said:

A glimmer of hope at least Naismith is currently planned for a run out against Watford on Tuesday, I just hope we don't rush him back 

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Zak can’t be too far away either.

Isn’t there another international break soon? Can’t often have been more in need of one. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Robin 1
Just now, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

NP said on Thursday 'hopefully two weeks'

Let’s see.

I saw the training video & he looked pretty good to me.

I can’t believe we think we can try & get through until the international break with the squad we have available today.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bristolian.

City fan, so is his Dad & his Grandad…

Done well for the 21s but never given a chance before, he certainly gets “stuck in”, think Tommy Doc.

Delighted for him & his family, if he gets on he will give everything & is probably good odds for a yellow card..

Thanks Graham and best of luck Tommy!

18 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'd be amazed if we get anything out of this. 

Lansdown has to take full responsibility for this shit show.

I have heard Man City will be without 8 or 9 first choice players through injury for their next match and will have to include a lot of inexperienced youth players in the matchday squad, that owner has a lot to answer for time he left isn't it.

• Confused 4

Love all the doom and gloom before a ball has been kicked 

We're not expecting that bench to play 90 minutes, starting 11 should be good enough to give Cardiff a game 

I'm going for an away win 

We're not expecting that bench to play 90 minutes, starting 11 should be good enough to give Cardiff a game 

Next time I’m in a pub in Weston I’ll by you a pint if we win today , and would happily do so 🍺👍

I regularly see a Cardiff fan who I deal with at work he says they have had a few glitches this season but there new manager / coaching team are slowly getting there ideas across and are starting to look decent , still says they have a slip up in them let’s hope todays one 🙏

6 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Christ, if only I'd brought my boots

I could've got a game!!!!

Probably pulled a muscle putting them on 

• Robin 1
2 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

I have heard Man City will be without 8 or 9 first choice players through injury for their next match and will have to include a lot of inexperienced youth players in the matchday squad, that owner has a lot to answer for time he left isn't it.

You keep sticking up for SL, pal.

He still will think you’re not worth a moment of his time, like the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
8 minutes ago, phantom said:

8 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

3-0 City today, Cornick, Mehmeti & Weimann. Always believe COYR 😄

This is optimism on an epic scale. In fact, it’s beyond that: it’s positively delusional. Fair play to you for positivity, but if you’re proven right, I’ll be coming to you for next week’s winning lottery numbers.

• Haha 2
  • Robin 1