IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

The worst part about the injury situation is their fans are very aware of it so I won't be surprised to hear them being very loud, especially with fat Tomlin there to rile them up and their good form and good start this season. 

It's definitely going to be a hard atmosphere and with a team that's far from it's strongest my hope is that the lads who do play today won't be disheartened but instead will see it as a chance to make their case to be in the team. 

If I was Nige I'd be saying "Look, just because you're in the team due to injuries that doesn't mean you'll be staying in the team if you don't perform, it's your chance to make a statement as to why you should be starting, and even get yourself noticed". 

I think despite the injuries we could cause an upset if the players are up for it. 

Tomlin’s there?

Not saying we've not got it bad, but a pal of mine is a box holder at West Brom, they have 5 key players out injured, and 2/3 fringe players out injured at present. He said in their last game, they were without 8/9 squad players, but they have quite a big squad. West Brom sit 6th in the League and like ourselves had to slash the wage bill in the summer. 

We are not alone in having injuries, but the difference between ourselves and other clubs in this situation, is, our reserves, or second choice players, lack the experience or ability for this level. Even with the recruiting we have done, we don't have a strong enough squad to be competitive, that's a fact. We may have a best starting 11 to be up and around the top 10, but as a whole group, we are lacking. I guess a problem is, you have to keep everyone happy and if we didn't have the injuries, we might have a number of players frustrated at a lack of game time. This period is a chance for the fringe players to show they deserve their place in the squad. If they continue to struggle, then we have to accept, there are a number who simply, just aren't good enough. Something not to be unexpected when it comes to youth players, but when it's players that Pearson and his team have recruited as squad players, then it kind of plays into the hands of Lansdown not really being prepared to allow him to spend the money, as I feel the board, may not be too happy with the recruitment that has been done, and are more inclined to rely on youth players stepping up. The squad today, is very much a Pearson squad. 

22 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Someone on Twitter saying flus going through the team. Any truth in that? 

Seems so.

King, James, and Tommy doubtful - not sure if flu or injured.

Tanner, Vyner, Williams, Wells, and Naismith still out.

Gone beyond the bare bones with Atkinson not back till January and no updates on Benarous or McCrorie (other than he's had his op).

Eleven first teamers out..

So, the fit outfield players are;

Sykes, Cornick, Roberts, TGH, Knight, Bell, Pring, and Dickie. Mehmeti available but out of favour.

Edited by bcfc01
11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems so.

King, James, and Tommy doubtful - not sure if flu or injured.

Tanner, Vyner, Williams, Wells, and Naismith still out.

Gone beyond the bare bones with Atkinson not back till January and no updates on Benarous or McCrorie (other than he's had his op).

Eleven first teamers out..

So, the fit outfield players are;

Sykes, Cornick, Roberts, TGH, Knight, Bell, Pring, and Dickie. Mehmeti available but out of favour.

Weimann?

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Weimann?

Missed him out (but the way he's been playing he probably would have been benched for this game with a full squad).

Mind you, he usually does well in Cardiff - they hate him over there.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BUTOR said:

Is there anyone else with as small a squad as ours and are they dealing with the same amount of injuries? Is it fair now that questions are asked given Holden, his physios and co were automatically assumed incompetent when similar numbers were being dealt with in the treatment room?

Almost all of the players who are out got their injuries playing for the team. If I remember rightly there were an awful lot of training injuries previously. That, I think, is the difference. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Seen that. Apparently Conway on bench with it. mehmeti and Cornick starting. Rest of bench filled with youngsters 

If it's flu then there's no way any player with it should be on the bench.

Those of us that like HC and/or been questioning why AM hasn't featured, will be pleased. Anyone slagging the team or manager off tonight if we don't do well today will be set to ignore.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Peter1450 said:

Can’t remember being less enthusiastic preceding a Cardiff derby fixture, remember the great afternoons at Ninnian with Sam Hammam in the away end with his minders trying to wind up the City supporters, bottles of piss being thrown over the police and stewards heads into the away end, Murray doing the Ayatollah to the Cardiff mob when he scored , seems such a long time ago now and maybe some things have changed for the better but my god how I miss those exciting afternoons!

89/90 season when we won 3 0 over there 

now that was some day ……..

• Like 3