IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

Can’t remember being less enthusiastic preceding a Cardiff derby fixture, remember the great afternoons at Ninnian with Sam Hammam in the away end with his minders trying to wind up the City supporters, bottles of piss being thrown over the police and stewards heads into the away end, Murray doing the Ayatollah to the Cardiff mob when he scored , seems such a long time ago now and maybe some things have changed for the better but my god how I miss those exciting afternoons!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Can’t remember being less enthusiastic preceding a Cardiff derby fixture, remember the great afternoons at Ninnian with Sam Hammam in the away end with his minders trying to wind up the City supporters, bottles of piss being thrown over the police and stewards heads into the away end, Murray doing the Ayatollah to the Cardiff mob when he scored , seems such a long time ago now and maybe some things have changed for the better but my god how I miss those exciting afternoons!

When I see how depleted we are, and how many young Ens are going to be involved, it reminds me of the Terry Cooper days. 

Backs to the wall mentality. 

Even if we do get our arses kicked, from the first minute we need full on encouragement from the fans. 

Get behind the lads. 

No moaning...just full on loud support. 

COYRs ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 5
  • Robin 8
52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sam Pearson maybe comes in?

Maybe, 22, fair amount of experience - well, compared to others being mentioned anyway - and as a Cardiff boy perhaps an extra incentive to do well.

What positions can he cover and what is thought to be his best position?

18 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Grant, Robinson, Meite and Bowler against our non existent midfield and lack of defence. 

I’m not expecting us to win but we’ve let in 1 in our last 2 games, have Dickie, Pring, Sykes & presumably Roberts available.

TGH & Knight is not a non existent midfield.

Narrow defeat probably, but no hammering.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, BanburyRed said:

I'll put my head above the parapet here but I'm not buying into we're getting hammered today. Not a chance.

MJ would be a big loss, if he is injured. But, I have every confidence in TGH and Knight to step up. On watching TGH so far, I think he could play the quarterback role that MJ plays. It's just about Andi and Knight making the angles for him. But, if that is to be the midfield 3, what I would say is that they'll certainly cover a lot of ground and I fully expect us to press Diff in the way we did to Ippy in the week. Cardiff are nowhere near the levels of Ipswich either.

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Maybe, 22, fair amount of experience - well, compared to others being mentioned anyway - and as a Cardiff boy perhaps an extra incentive to do well.

What positions can he cover and what is thought to be his best position?

He’s a wide midfielder really Noggers, right footed.

Can play as a striker too.

• Thanks 1

Was halfway through typing “it’s time for Nige to step up and puts his boots on for a game with all the defensive injuries” just to remember he’s on crutches as well😭.

Tbh can’t see us getting much from this game, Cardiff very much a team that doesn’t mind conceding possession and happy to sit it, doesn’t suit our style well. 

If MJ is out, would expect TGH to drop into the 6 and weinman/knight to play the double pivot. But anything could happen today. let’s nick something though! COYR

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

I'll put my head above the parapet here but I'm not buying into we're getting hammered today. Not a chance.

Cardiff are not as "in form" as their league position and a generous 4-0 away win at Huddersfield suggest. We've lost a few recently but have played all of the top 3 in the last few weeks, and lost each of those by only one goal, and with reasonable performances.

If we were going into this game at full strength we'd all be pretty confident. Hopefully the coaching staff and Pearson learned from the way we started against Coventry and we can start strongly today.

A win will probably require some fortune. But a draw should be possible.

37 minutes ago, George Rs said:

If MJ is out, would expect TGH to drop into the 6 and weinman/knight to play the double pivot. But anything could happen today. let’s nick something though! COYR

I have been watching football since I was a child, and whilst maybe I'm not as immersed in the game as some, I have absolutely no idea what the term 'double pivot' means.

Unless Bristol Sport have started an Ice Dancing team.

• Like 1

The worst part about the injury situation is their fans are very aware of it so I won't be surprised to hear them being very loud, especially with fat Tomlin there to rile them up and their good form and good start this season. 

It's definitely going to be a hard atmosphere and with a team that's far from it's strongest my hope is that the lads who do play today won't be disheartened but instead will see it as a chance to make their case to be in the team. 

If I was Nige I'd be saying "Look, just because you're in the team due to injuries that doesn't mean you'll be staying in the team if you don't perform, it's your chance to make a statement as to why you should be starting, and even get yourself noticed". 

I think despite the injuries we could cause an upset if the players are up for it. 

2 hours ago, tin said:

Playing devil’s advocate myself, it’s not beyond the realms that we get thrashed today and Nige gets sacked as a result. That would really show how ******* clueless and inept he really is. 

Based on absolutely nothing I just keep thinking he will be gone by Monday. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, spudski said:

When I see how depleted we are, and how many young Ens are going to be involved, it reminds me of the Terry Cooper days. 

Backs to the wall mentality. 

Even if we do get our arses kicked, from the first minute we need full on encouragement from the fans. 

Get behind the lads. 

No moaning...just full on loud support. 

COYRs ❤️❤️❤️

I’ve told Joe to invade the pitch and ruin it doing wheelspins in his power chair until the pitch is unplayable!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I have been watching football since I was a child, and whilst maybe I'm not as immersed in the game as some, I have absolutely no idea what the term 'double pivot' means.

Unless Bristol Sport have started an Ice Dancing team.

I am pretty sure I read it some time ago on this forum, but a 'double pivot' is like a single pivot, only there are two of them.

I hope this helps.

• Haha 2