IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

Is Steve Lansdown the new scapegoat? We have a squad of 25 players.  Our last couple of popular managers Nigel Pearson and Steve Cotterill both wanted to work with small squads. 

Yes we should have spent some more of Scott’s money on a couple of quality players but you can’t really plan for your injury list to be into double figures. If you are then your squad size needs to be 30+ that Pearson doesn’t want. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, marmite said:

When did we last have a fully fit squad?

Well exactly marmite. Every club suffers injuries of course, including the occasional serious one. But "full strength" is not a utopian phrase - it's used every week in football. 

The situation at City regularly seems to be "whose fit enough to start, and we'll go from there".

Infuriating for staff as much as fans, and surely not the way to run a professional sports team?.

3 minutes ago, Leveller said:

People keep saying this - based on what? There is no communication from the top but many posters seem to read their minds.

Years ago I wrote that if SL and the so called Board don’t communicate then they leave themselves open to all sorts of conspiracy stories.

What a dreadful management style, or rather lack of, they have

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Do we know why?

Because he speaks his mind.

• Like 3
Just now, Ivorguy said:

Years ago I wrote that if SL and the so called Board don’t communicate then they leave themselves open to all sorts of conspiracy stories.

I’m not going to stick up for the Board, but unless there has been a recent take over at a club, when do you ever hear from the boards or owners of other clubs… it just does not seem to happen generally in football these days.

2 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Harsh on Mehmeti that I thought Weimann would be more likely to be subbed.

Agreed, Wiemann has not really been effective for a while. Perhaps it was just to keep an experienced head on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Because he speaks his mind.

SL has learned over the years that if he says loads or nothing at all, the fans keep coming and he still spends £20m a year. 

So might as well say nothing. 

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

I’m not going to stick up for the Board, but unless there has been a recent take over at a club, when do you ever hear from the boards or owners of other clubs… it just does not seem to happen generally in football these days.

He’s very happy to show his face when things were going well

It must be great being a billionaire… playing at being a football manager.. a few yes men under your control… not an effing clue about the real world… playing it like a game whilst supporters give up so much to watch the team they, thier parents, grandparents have supported all their lives… someone is playing us all for fools!!

• Like 5
  • Flames 1