IGNORED

Gary Rowett

Andy082005

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

As the saying goes, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. This is often taken to mean that statistics are another form of lying which is incorrect. Rather, statistics that aren’t sufficiently complex can be misleading. The problem with any form of data analysis is unless you know the facts that lie behind the data it’s meaningless. The context with NP’s tenure as manager is he inherited an enormous pile of poo. He had to get rid of a lot of players to reduce the wage bill and generate cash via transfer fees and only bring in players who are low cost options and / or use academy players who aren’t quite ready. Now there’s the extra burden of half the team being out injured   If this is taken into account the results are remarkable 

Exactly my point - No one on here knows what was going on behind the scenes at other clubs with other managers.

People always pick and choose performance based on their views and whether they like the manager or not.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NP at Watford. Before.

Screenshot_20231029-105057_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dd8532e971e8b0bef9796171c0394573.jpg

After. This is a sample of his firdt official game to last.

Screenshot_20231029-104934_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b6e3e2966810e166819060aba68bc96b.jpg

Interesting, what were his stats at Derby? 

Edited by Champs

25 minutes ago, Champs said:

People always pick and choose performance based on their views and whether they like the manager or not.

Derby went and imploded,1 win in 10 and sacked. There was talk of player power there, Idk- perhaps he was trying to tackle thst.

Reports too, how true Idk that Mel Morris and a drone so that he could watch training aanywhere in the world- and this didn't help matters!

Mel Morris almost ruined Derby in every sense so...10 games is nothing much of a sample size but his failure there is a bit of a mystery.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Derby went and imploded,1 win in 10 and sacked. There was talk of player power there, Idk- perhaps he was trying to tackle thst.

Reports too, how true Idk that Mel Morris and a drone so that he could watch training aanywhere in the world- and this didn't help matters!

Mel Morris almost ruined Derby in every sense so...10 games is nothing much of a sample size but his failure there is a bit of a mystery.

Really interesting answer, you go into depth trying to justify his performance, at Watford understandable, at Derby less so. His failure there isn’t a mystery, he failed to get the best of, what was, one of the best squads in the league.

4 minutes ago, Champs said:

Really interesting answer, you go into depth trying to justify his performance, at Watford understandable, at Derby less so. His failure there isn’t a mystery, he failed to get the best of, what was, one of the best squads in the league.

Perhaps NP felt that he wanted to do it his way at Derby, shake things up.

His record there was poor, did he try and change the shape I dunno. Ask Derby fans.

Some do I will add for balance, seem to compare their current travails under Warne to Pearson and his time there.

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps NP felt that he wanted to do it his way at Derby, shake things up.

His record there was poor, did he try and change the shape I dunno. Ask Derby fans.

Some do I will add for balance, seem to compare their current travails under Warne to Pearson and his time there.

Pearson struggled Warne struggling….difference is Warne has 0 cash to spend where as NP spent £18 million in the one summer he had there.

Just now, Champs said:

Pearson struggled Warne struggling….difference is Warne has 0 cash to spend where as NP spent £18 million in the one summer he had there.

He also sold Hendrick.

Warne also has one of the higher budgets in League One, Derby were competing v Parachute Payments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Derby_County_F.C._season

17 minutes ago, Champs said:

One of the higher wage budgets, non existent cash to spend on players.

A club like Derby would have the pick at that level..they would be a major pull.

I like Warne, think at Rotherham he had very little to work with- their profile of player signed under Taylor vs Warne is quite amazingly different by Rotherham standards. Rotherham were flying at this level when he left.

At Derby who knows. He possibly needs to change his ethos a bit tactically speaking for that particular role.

Hendrick sold, Martin loan fee, perhaps Grant loan fee vs Anya, Vydra in, Wilson loan- perhaps cash neutral. Wage bill barely moved either.

What sort of sample size is 10 games also. Still he failed at Derby ultimately yes.

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

There’s no “allegedly”, he did.

He also got Derby to the playoffs (for balance there he also spent a fortune that we now know Mel Morris didn’t have, in doing so), was memorably sacked by Birmingham when they were 7th & replaced by Gianfranco Zola who took them down the league at a rapid rate & was one of many to try & fail badly at Stoke.

His Championship CV is decent but his football is pretty uninspiring.

He’s certainly no Dean Holden type appointment though if it happened.

Just catching up, so 4 pages behind.

Not too keen on chatting about new managers whilst we still have someone in situ, although happy to chat about managers / manager types generally.

Firstly, Rowett as a manager has a good Championship CV.  I don’t mind the bloke personally either.  I could see his work at Millwall on a limited budget appealing.

His sides play pragmatic football, but that’s borne out of budgets too (Derby aside).  Burton, Birmingham, Stoke prior to Millwall.  He seems like a decent manager too.

Now I break into him at City

Is he better than Nige?  No imho

Would he benefit from his predecessors work?  Yep

How would he fare taking a job with budget already used up?  Don’t know, although I’d imagine he would be given assurances on that….in which case why hamstring your current manager.

What about existing staff?  Dunno

What about him wanting to bring in his own staff?  Dunno

What about key Pearson players from Leicester? King and James?  Dunno…although allegedly all the players support is one reason Nige hasn’t been sacked.  If true that is a big test for a new manager.

+++++

It seems one big mess.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The speculation going around is that they allegedly would like a lower league, upcoming manager, similar to the FGR model with Rob E (again, the Luton way!). Hardly inspiring if true as that rarely bears fruit and we have seen what inexperience does at this level with LJ, DH and others! So do not think Rowett etc is going to be an option. It does very much appear that a new deal for the existing setup is unlikely to happen though.

We are playing the bottom two teams next, with one likely to be against Warnock….away! I hear the owner is in town for the rugby so maybe things will move forward this week. I mention 2004 a lot….nobody seems to think about what apparently happened then, influencing in the owner’s ear (allegedly!). 

To be honest I struggle to see how Arteta or Klopp could get a tune from this lot with so many injuries. I don’t believe changing manager helps anyone. Swansea, Plymouth, Millwall, we played very well and had a structure to our play with fit players in the right positions, I don’t think we are miles away from getting results more consistently but we need our best players and core spine fit! 

So the big question for me is - why is it being alleged that Tinnion is shit-stirring?

His profile at the club couldn’t be better:

• promoted from Academy Director to Technical Director meaning he’s in a really prominent position
  • Heavily involved in recruitment of first team, having previously played a smaller role - “what’s your opinion Brian?”
  • seeing lots of academy players getting a chance in the first team - one of his whinges previously

To a fan / outsider looking in, it can’t be any better for him…can it?

What am I missing?

What more does he want?  Not to be manager again???

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The owners are on manoeuvres and have already been looking for a potential replacement for Pearson for three weeks (since the Leeds defeat). 

They've spoken to several potential managers already, one of whom is Gary Rowett. 

They've spoken to many agents and so my assumption is that agent chat has got back to Pearson, hence his comments last Saturday that he was fighting for his job and his comments today that he may, or may not, be still here next Saturday. 

Bottom line is it's when not if. I'd have thought failure to beat Wednesday and a decision could be made. 

Most concerning to me is that one of the people that told me Pearson's departure is imminent, also told me that Barton would be sacked too...

Don't suppose you can say who else we have spoken to? 

Just looking at out of work managers... Nathan Jones? John Eustace? Dean Smith? Michael Beale? 

3 hours ago, Champs said:

They certainly do.

You joined “yesterday” & since have posted a very large number of negative comments about Pearson.

New fan? Someone who just decided to join OTIB but has supported us for years?

Interesting development this, isn’t it?

• Like 9
  • Flames 3

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I could imagine Lansdown going for somebody like Micheal Beale. He seems like the yes sir, no sir type that Steve craves.

Not sure Beale is that type at all Lew.  Seems like a bit of a spoiled brat (exaggeration).  Ah, got you, he’d got in perfectly! 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They certainly do.

You joined “yesterday” & since have posted a very large number of negative comments about Pearson.

Indeed, a reasonably odd position to take if genuine. Anyone vaguely objective can see NP is being dealt an awful hand, but someone joins  to get stuck into him on the thread about a potential new manager. Mind you, if it is the SL/JL PR machine, it’s being run with the same subtlety as the rest of their comms - weird attempts to gaslight the fans into thinking NP should have us wrestling for 1st place with Leicester, whilst ‘doing a Luton’. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

They certainly do.

Which comments have I posted that are negative? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So the big question for me is - why is it being alleged that Tinnion is shit-stirring?

His profile at the club couldn’t be better:

• promoted from Academy Director to Technical Director meaning he’s in a really prominent position
  • Heavily involved in recruitment of first team, having previously played a smaller role - “what’s your opinion Brian?”
  • seeing lots of academy players getting a chance in the first team - one of his whinges previously

To a fan / outsider looking in, it can’t be any better for him…can it?

What am I missing?

What more does he want?  Not to be manager again???

Perhaps Tinnion has never rated NP as a Manager and now he is in a position to make his feelings clear ?

Have to think the King playing over youngsters, "someone meddling" from above quote by NP was about Tinnion ?

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Zuni said:

Perhaps Tinnion has never rated NP as a Manager and now he is in a position to make his feelings clear ?

Have to think the King playing over youngsters, "someone meddling" from above quote by NP was about Tinnion ?

Then I’d suggest based on performance the person who picked King to play was in the right, and the other person ought to pipe-down and apologise?  Crikey, no manager has ever given so much opportunity to youngsters since Terry Cooper.  As I’ve said you’d think he’d be hugely behind Nige, because Nige is making him look good on his past work heading Academy.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Then I’d suggest based on performance the person who picked King to play was in the right, and the other person ought to pipe-down and apologise?  Crikey, no manager has ever given so much opportunity to youngsters since Terry Cooper.  As I’ve said you’d think he’d be hugely behind Nige, because Nige is making him look good on his past work heading Academy.

Yep, tend to agree.

1 hour ago, !james said:

Don't suppose you can say who else we have spoken to? 

Just looking at out of work managers... Nathan Jones? John Eustace? Dean Smith? Michael Beale? 

I'd be very happy with john Eustace or Dean Smith but we will go with a random manager from league most likely. It's very telling that Rennie and Euell left too. Although with persons illness maybe Euell was taking the training with fleming or just is loyal to Pearson so didn't wanna stay. 

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Millwall fans absolutely despised him and the football he played. I would hear it in the pub week in and week out. Please god no.

Don’t rule it out, was told yesterday we sounded him out recently & he’s keen.

Could still be someone else of course but how can we trust these jokers to get an appointment right?

Their track record (considering Cotts was Keith Dawe’s choice) is abysmal.

• Like 2