IGNORED

Gary Rowett

Andy082005

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Moore has had a pretty good week, lost 4-0 at home to Cardiff & 4-1 today at Leeds.

Laughable suggestion.

Evatt would be absolutely mad to leave Bolton (who are 2nd) to work for an owner that has completely lost interest.

Possibly lost interest with this manager ? and his interest could be rekindled with a new one. 

or not.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Red corporate tie. 

Question answered.

Curses !!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Oh FFS. This thread isn’t what I needed. **** SL if this plays out. 

I feel/hope that NP stays through his contract at least but then all bets are off I reckon.

Think NPs health at that time will be a big factor, although a decision may already have been made of course.

9 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Be the Preston manager, Scouser matey, was close before Nigel came here apparently well according to my Plymouth matey, he also told me he had to leave Plymouth cuz he was shagging someone in the office

Or had the opportunity of a Championship job nearer to where he is from ?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The owners are on manoeuvres and have already been looking for a potential replacement for Pearson for three weeks (since the Leeds defeat). 

They've spoken to several potential managers already, one of whom is Gary Rowett. 

They've spoken to many agents and so my assumption is that agent chat has got back to Pearson, hence his comments last Saturday that he was fighting for his job and his comments today that he may, or may not, be still here next Saturday. 

Bottom line is it's when not if. I'd have thought failure to beat Wednesday and a decision could be made. 

Most concerning to me is that one of the people that told me Pearson's departure is imminent, also told me that Barton would be sacked too...

The speculation going around is that they allegedly would like a lower league, upcoming manager, similar to the FGR model with Rob E (again, the Luton way!). Hardly inspiring if true as that rarely bears fruit and we have seen what inexperience does at this level with LJ, DH and others! So do not think Rowett etc is going to be an option. It does very much appear that a new deal for the existing setup is unlikely to happen though.

We are playing the bottom two teams next, with one likely to be against Warnock….away! I hear the owner is in town for the rugby so maybe things will move forward this week. I mention 2004 a lot….nobody seems to think about what apparently happened then, influencing in the owner’s ear (allegedly!). 

To be honest I struggle to see how Arteta or Klopp could get a tune from this lot with so many injuries. I don’t believe changing manager helps anyone. Swansea, Plymouth, Millwall, we played very well and had a structure to our play with fit players in the right positions, I don’t think we are miles away from getting results more consistently but we need our best players and core spine fit! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Anyway ...... Personally I think the OP is being his usual troll like self

Posts a stupid OP and disappears

Good thread to ignore in reality - and we don’t have any vacancy

Hardly disappeared. Went out and enjoyed my evening 

4 hours ago, SBB said:

I hope you haven’t bumped into shags. 

👀

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The speculation going around is that they allegedly would like a lower league, upcoming manager, similar to the FGR model with Rob E (again, the Luton way!). Hardly inspiring if true as that rarely bears fruit and we have seen what inexperience does at this level with LJ, DH and others! So do not think Rowett etc is going to be an option. It does very much appear that a new deal for the existing setup is unlikely to happen though.

We are playing the bottom two teams next, with one likely to be against Warnock….away! I hear the owner is in town for the rugby so maybe things will move forward this week. I mention 2004 a lot….nobody seems to think about what apparently happened then, influencing in the owner’s ear (allegedly!). 

To be honest I struggle to see how Arteta or Klopp could get a tune from this lot with so many injuries. I don’t believe changing manager helps anyone. Swansea, Plymouth, Millwall, we played very well and had a structure to our play with fit players in the right positions, I don’t think we are miles away from getting results more consistently but we need our best players and core spine fit! 

What happened in 2004?

8 hours ago, Zuni said:

TBF since May 2016 NP has managed 223 games, won 70, drawn 57 and lost 96 with no promotions.

His previous 7 years coaching track record is not the strength compared to others as some often quote.

But in that time he's managed Watford in the Prem where they were at the bottom and well into a messy season, in Belgium (which I have no idea about), and us on a shoestring, losing his best players. 
My point was more comparative vs Eustace Beale Jones and Rowett. I don't understand why any of those would get monetary backing to build a squad but NP isnt. What have they achieved bar Jones getting Luton out of the lower leagues?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, but he had a large budget at Stoke & failed, a large one at Derby & he didn’t get them up.

Absolutely no real track record of promoting young players, either.

Not a single promotion on his CV, 2 playoffs with Burton & 1 with Derby.

Basically another Lee Johnson then. Without the BS.

9 hours ago, Zuni said:

TBF since May 2016 NP has managed 223 games, won 70, drawn 57 and lost 96 with no promotions.

His previous 7 years coaching track record is not the strength compared to others as some often quote.

As the saying goes, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. This is often taken to mean that statistics are another form of lying which is incorrect. Rather, statistics that aren’t sufficiently complex can be misleading. The problem with any form of data analysis is unless you know the facts that lie behind the data it’s meaningless. The context with NP’s tenure as manager is he inherited an enormous pile of poo. He had to get rid of a lot of players to reduce the wage bill and generate cash via transfer fees and only bring in players who are low cost options and / or use academy players who aren’t quite ready. Now there’s the extra burden of half the team being out injured   If this is taken into account the results are remarkable 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

As the saying goes, there are lies, damned lies and statistics. This is often taken to mean that statistics are another form of lying which is incorrect. Rather, statistics that aren’t sufficiently complex can be misleading. The problem with any form of data analysis is unless you know the facts that lie behind the data it’s meaningless. The context with NP’s tenure as manager is he inherited an enormous pile of poo. He had to get rid of a lot of players to reduce the wage bill and generate cash via transfer fees and only bring in players who are low cost options and / or use academy players who aren’t quite ready. Now there’s the extra burden of half the team being out injured   If this is taken into account the results are remarkable 

Totally agree, we would have been relegated under most other managers, as proven in our history. When the chips are down, we go down, many examples.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The owners are on manoeuvres and have already been looking for a potential replacement for Pearson for three weeks (since the Leeds defeat). 

They've spoken to several potential managers already, one of whom is Gary Rowett. 

They've spoken to many agents and so my assumption is that agent chat has got back to Pearson, hence his comments last Saturday that he was fighting for his job and his comments today that he may, or may not, be still here next Saturday. 

Bottom line is it's when not if. I'd have thought failure to beat Wednesday and a decision could be made. 

Most concerning to me is that one of the people that told me Pearson's departure is imminent, also told me that Barton would be sacked too...

Sheff Wed at home is the type of game we may struggle with, no doubt they will be physical and sit in behind, we are much the better team though. Maybe it will be similar to the LJ V Rotherham game when Djuric scored that late header to save the managers skin. Either way Pearson has done a far superior job to that if Johnson.

34 minutes ago, Champs said:

Sheff Wed at home is the type of game we may struggle with, no doubt they will be physical and sit in behind, we are much the better team though. Maybe it will be similar to the LJ V Rotherham game when Djuric scored that late header to save the managers skin. Either way Pearson has done a far superior job to that if Johnson.

I'm worried about this game. All poor runs must come to an end at some point and Sheff Wednesday are due a win. City has a poor record against teams on a poor run and seem to be very charitable.  In the current circumstance even a draw may not be sufficient for Nigel

I want Nige to stay, but I was talking to my brother about this and he said maybe there’s more to Nige’s health than we all know. We know or was told it was skeletal back issues. Now it’s rumoured to be neurological issues (maybe someone can confirm this) , which are a lot more difficult to fix. 
For all we know the suits maybe seeing out this issue before confirming he stays or goes the end of the season, hence the silence. 

3 hours ago, Dredd said:

But in that time he's managed Watford in the Prem where they were at the bottom and well into a messy season, in Belgium (which I have no idea about), and us on a shoestring, losing his best players. 
My point was more comparative vs Eustace Beale Jones and Rowett. I don't understand why any of those would get monetary backing to build a squad but NP isnt. What have they achieved bar Jones getting Luton out of the lower leagues?

He nearly got Watford out of it too, their last two games looked very sketchy but he had more than earned the opportunity to do so, and for that matter perhaps the chance to take them back.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous