IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

Totally ****** off by this. We all saw it coming, but the execution of it was pre-planned obvioulsy. The Lansdowns are cowards, the way the have gone about this and being rich does not mean having class. 

Not a penny out of my pocket goes to the club for the foreseeable. **** right off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

hey have been waiting for some bad results so they can pull the trigger. 100% they have someone lined up

Totally agree with point one, I hope to F that they have for point 2.

But I would not be surprised if both points were wrong.

I'm not angry with them, just disappointed!

Not true, I'm ****ing fuming

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I've never known our fanbase so united.

What realistic steps can we take to get our Nige back? 

10,000 don't turn up on Saturday might send a message?

Start canvassing the players to strike, who clearly love the guy?

The sad answer is nothing. It's his club, it's his money, it's his decisions, it's a rich bloke who actually resents the fans.

He shows utter contempt for the poeple who know their football, after all SL wasn't really ever into football by his own admission.

He knows **** all about it.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I feel so sorry for Nige, I thought he might be around for a while to acheive his aim , but of course Mr Lansdown has to **** it all up again.

A really shit day for us fans.

Really, really shit.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

That's Rowett then isn't it.

FFS....

As others have said, always appreciate the info you share. What a shite time to be a City fan now. All hope for the next few seasons has just disappeared like that. I think the fanbase has finally turned now.

Really hoping it's Eustace they have lined up from the 3 names mentioned

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sorry but this is a Mickey Mouse Rovers reaction, he's gone and that's that, there are no realistic steps

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Totally agree with point one, I hope to F that they have for point 2.

But I would not be surprised if both points were wrong.

I'm not angry with them, just disappointed!

Not true, I'm ****ing fuming

I've never experienced this before. Not at Bristol City anyways.

Normally when a manager is sacked, most of the times the fans agree with it. 

It was only a week ago that we all wanted Pearson to be given a new contract to continue his good work and the Lansdowns go on to sack him. Just wow. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

This feels like quite a significant moment for the fanbase in some ways.

I don’t know, it’s like we’ve all collectively finally decided we’ve had enough of being amateur and underperforming… and are demanding better. From the owners, not the manager. 

Hope that we’re able to successfully channel this, longer term, into the start of something.

Yes, this is the potential silver lining.

I've been trying to encourage this thinking within our fanbase for quite a while - very few have joined me and some have even resisted it.

It seems Pearson has shown our fans what a winning mentality looks like and a few have acquired a taste for it. Hopefully we can now cease to be a club who accept mediocrity. Instead, we should start to expect that we achieve at least as much as other clubs with our potential have done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Yes, this is the potential silver lining.

I've been trying to encourage this thinking within our fanbase for quite a while - very few have joined me and some have even resisted it.

It seems Pearson has shown our fans what a winning mentality looks like and a few have acquired a taste for it. Hopefully we can now cease to be a club who accept mediocrity. Instead, we should start to expect that we achieve at least as much as other clubs with our potential have done.

I think you managed to convince the Lansdowns too as bizarrely they seem to think we should be challenging for promotion...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

10,000 season ticket holders not turning up might effect food and drink sales, but they've already got the seat money....turn up and express yourself, whatever your opinion... Some may agree with the decision, I mean, some think Johnson Jnr did a good job! 

18 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

No. We all turn up and make our thoughts known! 

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've never experienced this before. Not at Bristol City anyways.

Normally when a manager is sacked, most of the times the fans agree with it. 

It was only a week ago that we all wanted Pearson to be given a new contract to continue his good work and the Lansdowns go on to sack him. Just wow. 

John Ward was the last one. Albeit I think Wilson too was a rash decision but he did have four years. 

So Lansdown thinks you get promotion by selling all your best players, investing nothing back from the transfer money, and not listening to a bloke who's been in football for **** knows how many years. Wow! what a genius. Oh and only really, really nice guys need apply for the new job btw, and don't you even dare have your own opinion.

But hey ho, I'm told The Bears are doing nicely. And shouldn't we all be ecstatic for that.

Clueless

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

Honestly cant believe this has happened. Been processing this all day before commenting. This is a the wrong decision by the board IMO. Nigel has done a fantastic job since being here, all with one arm tied behind his back. He was really starting to build something in my option and we were not far away. 

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

So Lansdown thinks you get promotion by selling all your best players, investing nothing back from the transfer money, and not listening to a bloke who's been in football for **** knows how many years. Wow! what a genius. Oh and only really, really nice guys need apply for the new job btw, and don't you even dare have your own opinion.

But hey ho, I'm told The Bears are doing nicely. And shouldn't we all be ecstatic for that.

Clueless

All he ever talks is promotion. It’s boring, ain’t gonna happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

All he ever talks is promotion. It’s boring, ain’t gonna happen. 

He talks promotion, but to be honest, I think he knows he's talking bollocks.

He lost interest a while ago after Johnson junior didn't make it. He's not a football fan like the rest of us, he didn't grow up with it, he knows nothing.

I really hope he sells up and ***** off.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 9
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, numbeast said:

I've resisted jumping on here when I heard the news so I could think about things. I'm not one to openly dealing the Lansdowns criticism but the more I think about it the more damning that criticism becomes.

Pearson was brought in after another poor management decision, promoting a part of the coaching team that had fared  so badly resulting in Lee Johnson and McAllister both being sack. Once more the club turned down the chance of making the correct decision and appointed the cheap option rather than the right one. When the obvious happened and Holden was sack it appeared our illustrious owner had finally caught on and employed a man with both experience and a decent track record to steer the club in the right direction.

Nigel Pearson came into the club with multiple directives, to keep the club in the Championship, to drastically cut the spiralling wage budget and use the Academy players to flesh out the squad. Nigel did as he was asked and even excelled with the Academy lads, so much so that Alex Scott was sold for £25M with Conway and Bell earning praise form Sky pundits.

You would think that this would have gained him the support of Steve Lansdown and the board. Wrong. Despite the club selling Scott and losing the high wage earners such as Desilva he was give a pathetic transfer and wage limit. But was, it appears, told the owner expected promotion. The club are 5 points off the play-off places and 9 away from the drop zone, this is with 11 first team players out injured. Quite an achievement all things considered. We all saw the changes in the squads attitude from the side NP inherited. He has built a team and instilled team spirt, a refreshing change for the clubs fans.

Yet here we are today being told he's been sacked because the owner/ board wish to give the club "the best chance of achieving their goal of promotion" Forgive me but that is Bull sh!t. 

I have always been supportive of Steve Lansdown and grateful for the money he has put into the club, but has he? The money he's put in has been by way of a loan he then so say writes that off by turning that loan into shares. So no it hasn't been written off he'll recouped that once he sells up. 

As I say I've always remained supportive of SL, until now. I do t know if the novelty has warn off owning a football club or does he need to feel important? Either way he needs to take a long look at the relationship between him, the club and the fans. Whilst he may own the club financially in all other ways the club belongs to the supporters who come through the turnstiles spending a large proportion of their disposable income for tickets and refreshments. Ownership passes on from Harry Dolman through Ken Sage and Scott Davidson and it will passion from Steve Lansdown. But supporters pass their passion on through the generations making the fans of tomorrow. 

Mr Lansdown what you did today was wrong, you sacked a man that was building a side that with a little luck could be in and around the play-offs. The reasons you or the club gave were nonsensical and by issuing that statement you insult the life blood of the club, its fans. I think we all know your time owning the club is coming to an end, go now before your legacy is tarnished too badly. Harry Dolman is still revered nearly 50 years after his death by people who were not born before he died. You to will be remembered the question is how you'll be remembered, do the right thing

Top post, very measured.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Based on what we have seen this season I felt if we had a almost fit squad, we'd be in the play offs right now. I felt as if this season the team had taken a step forward in terms of work ethic. Maybe if he was giving 2-3 million more to spend in the summer then we may have a few more available fit players and therefore maybe we would have got some better results. 

I don't think Pearson was anywhere near deserving of being sacked. 

Someone who Lansdown admires Mark Robins, has 1 win in 11 for Coventry having spent 25 million this season. 

Pearson has every right to feel hard done by.

This is very much a non footballing decision and everything to do with personalities. 

They have been waiting for some bad results so they can pull the trigger. 100% they have someone lined up.

I tend to agree!

1 hour ago, Wrongagain said:

Not a sudden decision - CEO. Leaves suddenly, Pearson not allowed to spend  any of the transfer pot - he knew the writing was on the wall and we have seen it before, not the first manager shafted by our owners and probably won’t be the last - a well run entertainment centre but  poor leadership of a football club and lack of loyalty to the fans!

Yep, still wondering whether it was really Phil Alexander on SOTC or whether it was one of those fake AI voices.  I don’t believe he was saying what he truly thought, and was trying to save his job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George Rs said:

Sat here speechless. How such a successful business man can continue to make such awful decisions stuns me. 

Got no clue where we go from here. Could clearly see the players were all behind the manager in these very tough past few games. Dread to think what could happen now.

We have also recently played Leeds and Leicester away. How on earth did we expect to win. 

3 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Didn't bananarama sing about him in the early 80's?

They were no doubt physic, as Sara (she called herself Sarah before Bananarama) and Keren  were both Bristol girls from Bromley Heath and so perhaps it was even in the air back in 1987. That said, when I knew them they were only interested in David Essex and not in football, so who knows?