IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

3 hours ago, Kimpton said:

The thing is did he give it to them before the Scott sale, I thought it only kicked off when he realised they weren’t going to reinvest. I think what happened is Pearson expected some ££££ after the sale and then suddenly the board pulled the plug….then Pearson started moaning and kicking off. They clearly thought at that point save the money for the next manager very very harsh on him.

memories of a certain Mr Cotterill after promotion and broken promises from The Weasel.

• Flames 3

16 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He should have been our technical Director. There was a role for him 

No way would that ever happen.  Lansdown doesn't like anyone who knows better than he does and tells it to him like it is and not what he wants. Total shambles and has been for most of my supporting life. Only SC's promotion season and the years of Alan Dicks old L1 spell are memoriable and look what happened after that. I'm 78 now and know I will never ever see any major sucess for City in the remaining years I have left, It's all so depressing, all i can hope for is that we don't suffer another slide to obscurity.  Lansdown you should be ashamed of yourself for getting rid of one of the most professional managers we have ever had and for the lack of not supporting him after making him sell the best young players we have had for years. All probably to use the money to build a golf course in your tax haven.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, Latcher said:

Seriously? It will probably be a topic of conversation on some Championship clubs' message boards.

Listen to "Sound Of The City"  tonight, should be very interesting. It would have been better if Geoff Twentyman was still presenting.

• Like 2

A real shame this - I genuinely thought when he joined this was a real opportunity for both parties. Nige would get the chance to really shape something again after a few difficult years and Bristol City might finally push on and stop being known as perenial underachievers - from the outside you always seemed a bit like Boro. Over the last couple of years, I've come to see it a little differently but still thought you could go places. Reading some things over the last couple of weeks I realised maybe there is just something in the water there, a determination to meddle and stop good things happening and when you piece it together with some of the other things I've read on here over the lat couple of years, it just suggests dysfunction (a dysfunction that got us relegated last year albeit in circumstances where someone was given too much time and loyalty).

No surprise the players current and former also seem disappointed. The fact staff and players wanted to work with him again + the things said about him by Kasper et al shows the environment he will create with the right people on board. 

You all seem like a decent bunch so I wish you well with whoever comes in to build on what Nigel has done (albeit as with Birmingham, a part of me wants the decision makers to end up smeared in proverbial shit) and I wonder if that is it for Nigel - think he'd actually do well in the media and might be better for him with his health.

I'm now interested to see how it transpires next - see you on March 29th. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Listen to "Sound Of The City"  tonight, should be very interesting. It would have been better if Geoff Twentyman was still presenting.

Tinnion was bullish on twitter about being on Sound of the City - so presume he's stepping up tonight? Will be interesting to hear...

21 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

A physio at the club, tweeted then deleted. Maybe he should concentrate on his job rather than celebrate NP being sacked?

IMG_9407.jpeg

21 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Former physio. 

Coming back to this, I think the public thanks and love toward him from nearly every player who played under him at the club currently, or those that moved onto the premier league, says it all. 

vs the Joking, pathetic celebration of him leaving from a fully grown man who’s an u21 physio, now doing work for non-league Nailsea & Tickenham…

I know which one holds more respect and weight for me, and probably everyone in the world of football. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Tinnion.

@Harry

What does he know, he was one of the worst City manager/coaches ever, remember the 9 goals conceded against Swansea and him crying in the middle of the pitch after a great player for us,  but should have never come back to us.  It was the old boys game again, in my opinion, a trouble maker.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

tbf all the ones that were on the forum were bullied off of here for disagreeing

Not totally true, I was never a great fan of Pearson and the football being churned out, however......... Over the last few months I mellowed and appreciated what he was doing with his hands tied behind his back

For balance I have never been a supporter of lansdown and have been shouted down and accused of things because I never supported him or believed he was good for our club

How Nige has been treated is disgusting and the quicker those clowns leave our club the better, unfortunately as I have said many times previously they have made the club almost un saleable

Edited by frenchred
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

What does he know, he was one of the worst City manager/coaches ever, remember the 9 goals conceded against Swansea and him crying in the middle of the pitch after a great player for us,  but should have never come back to us.  It was the old boys game again, in my opinion, a trouble maker.

In fairness, it was only 7   :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I;ve no idea, but I know he was worse than useless as a manager.

I remember the game well, a team cobbled together because of injuries, played like 11 strangers. Lost 7-1

Compare to City v Cardiff, a team cobbled together because of injuries, played like they were all first choice and had played together many times, narrowly beaten 2-0.