IGNORED

Realistic Options

And Its Smith

Having had 24hrs, or thereabouts, to digest this, it just makes less and less sense the more I think about it.  Has a sacking ever been so universally opposed by the respective fanbase...I can't think of an example.  It's the misreading of the room and tone deafness which is astounding.  I almost feel sorry for the new man, whomever he may be, because normally they are treated like a breath of fresh air to a greater or lesser extent which can then manifest into the bounce effect that you see so often.  Granted, not always, but you know what I mean.  This appointment will have to not only hit the ground running with a depleted squad etc. but also deal with the potentially toxic circumstances created by SL.

I can accept failure in sport, for the majority of teams that is the inevitable outcome in many ways, but only if you give yourselves the best chance to succeed in the first place.  Simply put, we just don't do the latter and that's what frustrates me most of all.

• Like 3

Let’s just say the rumour about Pearson being told what he had to expect, (no funds out of contract players etc). going forward and basically told the board to stuff it, is true. 

It will certainly show the board has lied if the next manager comes in and doesn’t get given exactly the same deal as Pearson.

It will also show, they definitely offered terms they knew Pearson would refuse. There’s no way a new manager would accept those terms, what would be the draw or attraction for anyone coming here. 

Just be honest and up front. I think fans would have preferred a straight up “we’re not able to work together” or “we’re going in a different direction” than this shambles.

I can’t believe there won’t suddenly be funds available when we sign a new deal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Rollason said:

I'd be interested in Ralph for sure. Hard done by at saints, got a point to prove.

Don't get me wrong, Hasenhuttl best if the 3, Marsch possibly a but hard done by in terms of Leeds but none of them feel likely do they. Would surely want a bit of money to spend too.

Still would be somewhat dismayed post NP for a while yet. Can't really enthuse for new managerial options yet.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

5 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I can’t believe there won’t suddenly be funds available when we sign a new deal. 

It may well have been as simple as "We're not going to 're new your contract ,for reasons , and we're not giving you any players, do you want to see your contract out or we can fire you and pay you off? "

There's always money for the new guy.  

5 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Not especially for NP tbh!

His was a cost cutting, restraint in the market, blooding some youth, extracting value from the pick while making the side more cohesive remit.

This is how we repay him? Disgusting.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Don't get me wrong, Hasenhuttl best if the 3, Marsch possibly a but hard done by in terms of Leeds but none of them feel likely do they. Would surely want a bit of money to spend too.

Still would be somewhat dismayed post NP for a while yet. Can't really enthuse for new managerial options yet.

I hear you. Going to have to be the mother of all appointments because let's be honest we were all a little bit surprised that Nigel came here in the first place and seemed a great bite of businesss... much will be revealed by who we employ next. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

It may well have been as simple as "We're not going to 're new your contract ,for reasons , and we're not giving you any players, do you want to see your contract out or we can fire you and pay you off? "

That’s my point how can they find funds for the new guy when they couldn’t for Pearson. 
Back to my original conviction this was personal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LondonRobin said:

Anyone mentioned that Will Still from Ligue 1. Young but has does an impressive job so far - bit of a punt all the same. What are people’s thoughts ? Lots of opportunities for puns as well

I think the general feeling is he would be out of reach. Has Reims 5th in Ligue 1 and only 5 pts off top. Would love to see him here but, we almost certainly couldn't get him.