IGNORED

Realistic Options

And Its Smith

8 hours ago, phantom said:

I don't mean to single you out, especially as you have been supporting the club for so long and that in itself deserves credit 

But come on, in 50 years you've seen lots of managers come and go and you'll see lots more in the future 

Warnock wouldn't be a yes man to the Lansdowns though 

I used to think the fans that had supported the club, day in day out for 30-50 years were to be admired, but now I'm very sorry to say, I think you're all mentally ill. 

Honestly I don't look at that like a badge of honor anymore, just a waste of a life. 

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Do we know whether Euell and Rennie were also sacked or did they walk as a result of Nige’s sacking ? If the latter , this would suggest no such plan tbh. Also why hold on to Flemming and sack the others , if that’s what they did ? 

These are good questions. I don’t think we know the answers yet. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

I’ve read quite few posts on here today which say “Tinnion will be the Kingmaker”. 
If that’s that case, which many seem confident on (myself included), then why does nobody seem to be pointing out that Tinnion was also likely to have been the Kingslayer too? 
If he’s in charge of who’s coming in, it stands to reason that he’d have also had a major say on Pearson leaving. 

I have a theory (which I have genuine reason to believe based on events), that Tinnion has been the man with the power ever since Gould left. 
Obviously a manager wouldn’t be sacked without SL’s consent, but I don’t think it was actually SL’s idea. I think Tinnion is the man in charge and he’d have been the one who put this option to SL for him to ratify 

Did anyone find out about if someone questioning playing King was true? If so could it have been Tinnion? 

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I used to think the fans that had supported the club, day in day out for 30-50 years were to be admired, but now I'm very sorry to say, I think you're all mentally ill. 

Honestly I don't look at that like a badge of honor anymore, just a waste of a life. 

What a stupid statement to make.

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes, schumacher has done a hell of a job, we ought to have the funds to pay compensation, but he’s obviously only got about 12 games of experience in the championship?

He has but McKenna had less and done ok (to date). Certainly would prefer a Schumacher to a Rowett or Jones (who I think will be the new boss)

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

I'm a bit simple (we all know that), but what is the relevance of this meeting about free agents? 

Wasn't Nige already being sacked irrespective of a conversation about players? Or is the rumour that this moment was a final straw? 

Because if we have been lining up the replacement for three weeks, what difference did this conversation make?

Ta!

Edited by mozo

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Yep. For me the evidence is very clear. 
I’ve been sat here this evening putting a few puzzle pieces together from things I’ve seen or heard over the last few months and it’s crystal clear to me what’s happened. 

I'm really struggling with this, just can't see it of Tins and I don't get what benefit he has to gain from it, considering BT will never be the City manager again. But if you guys are saying it I'm more than happy to stay open minded, I don't know the bloke and some of you might!

I never bet on anything but it is sometimes interesting to see what the betting odds are seeing as getting that right is what those companies do for a living.

Most of the names mentioned are there so far, Scott Parker is one I haven't seen talked about but there are so many posts I might have missed it. For comedy value, Joey Barton is 33/1. Rowett top at 4/1.

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I haven't read all the various threads this morning but if we want a young, promising coach with an excellent background, I would try to prise Liam Rosenior from Hull.

Does his father still live in Bradley Stoke or nearby?

Why he would want to come back,  Hull are in the play off positions, he's doing well there, and he did leave here under controversial circumstances over his contract renewal - or contract non renewal as it was - meaning we lost a good player for nothing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I never bet on anything but it is sometimes interesting to see what the betting odds are seeing as getting that right is what those companies do for a living.

Most of the names mentioned are there so far, Scott Parker is one I haven't seen talked about but there are so many posts I might have missed it. For comedy value, Joey Barton is 33/1. Rowett top at 4/1.

the odds just follow where the money is going....it's not overly scientific. If it was as straightforward as that, the favourite would win every race. From my perspective (and I do like an occasional flutter), John Eustace would be a good bet. 

53 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm a bit simple (we all know that), but what is the relevance of this meeting about free agents? 

Wasn't Nige already being sacked irrespective of a conversation about players? Or is the rumour that this moment was a final straw? 

Because if we have been lining up the replacement for three weeks, what difference did this conversation make?

Ta!

From what I heard…there was a meeting yesterday morning where some free agents were presented to Nige.  I guess to bolster the squad through injuries.  Nige said no to them.

I’ve no idea if true or not.  But the time to give him players was August when there was choice.  Good on you Nige.

But it contradicts something else I’d heard that they’ve been trying to move-on Nige before Sunday, so why on a Sunday morning are they trying to give him players.

My 2+2=5 is that perhaps the bloke they had lined up has now reneged and they had a last-minute “shit themselves”.

So, all a bit unknown imho.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

From what I heard…there was a meeting yesterday morning where some free agents were presented to Nige.  I guess to bolster the squad through injuries.  Nige said no to them.

I’ve no idea if true or not.  But the time to give him players was August when there was choice.  Good on you Nige.

But it contradicts something else I’d heard that they’ve been trying to move-on Nige before Sunday, so why on a Sunday morning are they trying to give him players.

My 2+2=5 is that perhaps the bloke they had lined up has now reneged and they had a last-minute “shit themselves”.

Cheers Fevs, we'll never get the full detail but always interesting to put the pieces together best we can. 

Weirdly, even though we've had a couple of weeks build up, I'm still a bit in shock that it's happened and we're speculating about a new manager. Supporting City is just a non stop soap opera.

In terms of the type of manager, I would prefer someone who has experienced what elite level football is like in recent years rather than a journeyman manager who has spent a career moving around L1 and Championship clubs.

I look at some of the names discussed and see people who have not stayed anywhere for long and not succeeded in anything notable.

I don't want a Frank Lampard, but someone that generates at least a bit of excitement and respect amongst the squad at the prospect and has more than just a list of clubs and Manager of the Month awards.

We had a manager in Nige who had that elite level experience and need to replace him, like for like.

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Cheers Fevs, we'll never get the full detail but always interesting to put the pieces together best we can. 

Weirdly, even though we've had a couple of weeks build up, I'm still a bit in shock that it's happened and we're speculating about a new manager. Supporting City is just a non stop soap opera.

I’d already got myself prepared….although not as prepared as I thought, still can’t get my head around it, especially the alleged role in it by Tinnion.

Maybe not really watching City when he become manager means I’ve not seen that side of him.

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

I’d already got myself prepared….although not as prepared as I thought, still can’t get my head around it, especially the alleged role in it by Tinnion.

Maybe not really watching City when he become manager means I’ve not seen that side of him.

I always enjoy it when Tins is on RTV because he's really passionate and seems to live the game like a fan does. 

There might be another side of him though. And maybe that relationship deteriorated? Who knows 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm wondering if they presented those players to him knowing that he'd be unhappy that money is suddenly now available? 

If it does turn out to be Rowett appointed, then this is a recent and decent analysis of his style of play whilst at Millwall. 

I can't see how he will be a decent fit with the players we have to hand. 

Interesting that it mentions he was released as the board were disappointed he couldn't achieve the play offs...

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/team-analysis/efl-championship-202324-millwall-tactical-analysis-tactics

Simply , BT gained more power when Gould left and more again when Alexander left.  He probably sees us as needing a different set up, one that has a coach rather than a traditional manager.  That would cement his power within the organisation.  Undeniably. Whoever gets the job will be his man.  Lets put it that way. 

• Like 1