IGNORED

Realistic Options

And Its Smith

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think it is gonna be:

Mr Young…

Mr Young-Modern-Progressive-Type

Was about to say the same Dave. 
Lansdown is well known now for his continual flip-flopping. He changes course more than Captain Haddock. 
He’s just had the ‘experienced guy’, now he’ll go for the ‘young progressive’. 
Which is great - except he’ll choose the wrong one and we’ll end up with the ‘experienced man’ coming back again in 2 years 

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Lansdown is well known now for his continual flip-flopping. He changes course more than Captain Haddock. 
Which is great - except he’ll choose the wrong one and we’ll end up with the ‘experienced man’ coming back again in 2 years 

Or the young progressive head coach will want to do something which they don't like the idea of and try to reign them in and not allow them to do what they want to 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Brian Tinnion is going to be kingmaker - 100%

Of course it'll ultimately be signed off by the Lansdowns - but they're putting their faith in Tinnion this time.

This will, to all intent and purposes, be a Tinnion appointment. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Of course it'll ultimately be signed off by the Lansdowns - but they're putting their faith in Tinnion this time.

‘Trust me on Tinnion’ repeat then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Judge me on Tinnion"

Where have I heard that before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

100% agreed on that mate 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I wouldn't be unhappy with any of the following four;

John Aloisi
Neil Warnock
Marcelo Bielsa
Chris Wilder

I fear however it will be either Rowett, Ainsworth or Lampard. 

Don't be daft.

It's much more likely to be a young upcoming sort who's grateful for the opportunity and so knows his place in the hierarchy - i.e. subservient to the coward owner and the coward technical director.

I cannot believe they will appoint someone again whose profile is bigger than theirs and who might stand up to them because his experience (playing, managing or both) and authority far exceeds anything they've ever achieved in the game.

Another yes man who won't rock the boat has to be odds on favourite.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is that better than previous manager appointments that were picked by the 'suits'? - Holden etc. I'm guessing Tinnion will want someone who uses the academy 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Don't be daft.

It's much more likely to be a young upcoming sort who's grateful for the opportunity and so knows his place in the hierarchy - i.e. subservient to the coward owner and the coward technical director.

I cannot believe they will appoint someone again whose profile is bigger than theirs and who might stand up to them because his experience (playing, managing or both) and authority far exceeds anything they've achieved in the game.

Another yes man who won't rock the boat has to be odds on favourite.

Sadly, without a doubt this will be the case.

2 minutes ago, !james said:

Is that better than previous manager appointments that were picked by the 'suits'? - Holden etc. I'm guessing Tinnion will want someone who uses the academy 

I mean Holden was picked by Steve, simple as that. 

If Tinnion's eye for head coaches is as good as it is for young players, then we could be onto a good thing. 

Given we've spoken with Rowett though, I remain skeptical. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

“Ambition to be promoted” is a direct quote from Jon Lansdown regarding the decision to fire Pearson…

Let’s see how serious that ambition is with this next appointment shall we!

Well said. MASSIVE pressure on the Lansdowns to get this appointment right given the controversy of Pearson's sacking.

My hunch is they want Eustace.

I mentioned it to a mate as soon as Rooney took over there, the Pearson interviews were all surrounded by a young head coach departing his role at a direct competitor. I think something was in the offing around then.

A chance at a decent long term appointment without compensation. Has worked with Dickie at QPR. Was assistant at Republic of Ireland last year too. Makes sense on many levels.

Only issue being Pearson 100% should not have been sacked and personally I’m gutted. 

• Like 2

Swiss Tony would be a good option. He wears smart suits and would always give a good post-match interview - eg  “Today’s match was very much like making love to a beautiful woman. We got stuck in where it hurts and had plenty of box entries” 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, North London Red said:

Early odds from BetVictor:

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/240/meetings/441511110/events/2057263400?market_group=3538

At the time of posting Steve Cotterill is the 4-1 favourite, with Nathan Jones and Frank Lampard joint second favourites at 6-1. No doubt these odds will change over the coming hours and days. 

Got to laugh at those odds for Cotts. I have more chance!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

My hunch is they want Eustace.

I mentioned it to a mate as soon as Rooney took over there, the Pearson interviews were all surrounded by a young head coach departing his role at a direct competitor. I think something was in the offing around then.

A chance at a decent long term appointment without compensation. Has worked with Dickie at QPR. Was assistant at Republic of Ireland last year too. Makes sense on many levels.

Only issue being Pearson 100% should not have been sacked and personally I’m gutted. 

The timing would make sense too. QPR sacked Ainsworth last night and you'd assume they'll be in for him as he's an ex-Assistant there and probably the best out of work option for any Championship club at the moment. You could make a plausible case that the club have moved now in order to get an offer in before anything is signed with QPR.

Totally agree with your last sentence. 

Just now, MrRedRobin said:

If we have to have one of these three would want it to be John Eustace.

The manager top of my list right now is Ryan Mason. Yes it is a risk but has done well when caretaker at Spurs and I think could be a good young coach to come in.

I'd be happier with Mason than many of the other options. That said, I'd take pretty much any option - including Joey Barton - over Nathan Jones. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1