IGNORED

Realistic Options

And Its Smith

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly I don’t believe they’ve sacked Nige without a manager lined up to be put in place immediately.  This feels different to the last two sackings.

Therefore this has been in plan for a while.  Sound out options, narrow down, line them up and wait to sack with some kind of “pre-contract” done to make sure nobody else poaches before you can sack the current incumbent.

Get Ipswich and Cardiff out of the way, then act.

I fully expect a new manager in situ before Saturday.

If it isn’t announced until later this week, it’s purely because they are trying to make it look like a really quick search this week.

Announce…..X.

Definitely agree,, this has been brewing for weeks, im sure the appointment is lined up, i cant believe it wont be another balls up though!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This may be wishful thinking on my part but I wonder if Nathan Jones’ name is deliberately being put out there by the club to make whoever we end up with seem more palatable…

The fact it's even put out there is enough for many!! For me, if the next Manager fails, it's 100% on Stevo. In some ways I feel sorry for whoever takes it because he will be arriving to a shit show. Steve is employing the next Manager to achieve our ambitions of getting promoted, that's why he's canned Nige, so that's what he gets judged on..

Edited by Numero Uno

Strong preference for Eustace out of the names mentioned so far. 

But like most others, I’m pretty gutted to find ourselves in this position. Felt like we were making steady progress and even though it was going to take time, it would eventually work and our fans seemed unusually patient. Sacking Nige is really off. I’m a big defender of SL but this just feels gross. Coming so soon after Phil Alexander leaving too.. clearly there are issues. 

It shouldn’t undo all SL has done for us. Which is a lot. But this is so at odds with his usual MO of backing the manager - esp when barely any fans were calling for it. So clearly it’s a personality thing - likely between Nige and JL. 

Which is all to say, whoever the new manager is, they have to start against context of barely any fans wanting them to be there. Tough gig. 

I’ll back them (a few names aside) - but I was happier with what we had. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Firstly I don’t believe they’ve sacked Nige without a manager lined up to be put in place immediately.  This feels different to the last two sackings.

Therefore this has been in plan for a while.  Sound out options, narrow down, line them up and wait to sack with some kind of “pre-contract” done to make sure nobody else poaches before you can sack the current incumbent.

If it isn’t announced until later this week, it’s purely because they are trying to make it look like a really quick search this week.

Announce…..X.

Out of interest, who would you go for?

Doesn’t matter who’s next, they’ll still have to deal with the interference, ineptitude and incompetence of those above them. 

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t be all surprised if it’s Nathan Jones given SL’s waxed lyrical about Luton, or Luke Williams at Notts County (ex-City U23 head coach). 

The best man for the job, though, is the one who’s left the building. 

• Like 14

John Eustace would be one of my more preferred choices did a good job at Brum and look at them since they appointed the "better coach" in Rooney.

Warnock would be a good choice until the end of the sesson. Proven at this level with a budget.

Even someone like Ryan Mason I wouldn't be against.

Jones, Lampard, Gerrard, Cotts, Kennedy, Cowley or anyone like that I couldn't get behind. We need someone who will take us forward and I don't see that being any of them.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Announce…..X.

Rowett and Eustace only just sacked so not sure if has been a while they are on the list ? 

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Let’s hear them. Yea or no to who you would want out of these and add any more. Let’s keep them realistic though…not people like Graham Potter! 

John Eustace - yes

Gary Rowett - no

Dean Smith - no

Nathan Jones - no

Michael Beale - maybe

Steve Bruce - no

Scott Parker - no 

Liam Manning - yes

Steven Schaumacher - yes 

Ryan Lowe - maybe 

How in any way is the bottom two realistic? 

15 minutes ago, Henry said:

Out of interest, who would you go for?

I believe the standard OTIB response is “it’s not my job to suggest new managers”! 🤣🤣🤣

But FWIW, I dunno, so I really wish Duff had done crap at Swansea and was available.

But in terms of likely options and who I’d pick would be between Rowett and Eustace.  I don’t think either are my ideal man, but in Rowett’s case I’m not one who is just satisfied by attractive football, I don’t mind a hard to beat team, who win a bit ugly.  I posted this earlier:

IMG_8899.thumb.jpeg.8aaa651cd6095cdf283fe633610a9ff1.jpeg.

This was before Nige was sacked, so that would answer existing staff issues.

Eustace had learned his trade, nice football, so on the flip-side of my Rowett argument, he’ll probably have a lot of support, probably more than Rowett.  But would probably have a harder transition with our squad.

Really tough one.

As per OSIB Twitter Space earlier, no manager is guaranteed.  We will all form our opinions to suit our agendas (not bad agendas).  I’ll get behind whoever, unless is Joey Barton.

Finally, I’ve only just read the announcement in detail.  Fleming appointed Interim HEAD-COACH, so assume we are going for a head-coach.  Don’t think that changes the candidates, but kinda feels like a dig at Nige being MANAGER.

• Like 1

Bitterly disappointed, given f all to build the squad. Players seemed to love him. But because he couldn’t magic results with 10 players out injured, against 2 teams who are flying at the moment, that’s it… 

but as we now have to do this, I wouldn’t Scott Parker. Got out this league twice and if he’s backed, he has experience in picking up good players

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I believe the standard OTIB response is “it’s not my job to suggest new managers”! 🤣🤣🤣

But FWIW, I dunno, so I really wish Duff had done crap at Swansea and was available.

But in terms of likely options and who I’d pick would be between Rowett and Eustace.  I don’t think either are my ideal man, but in Rowett’s case I’m not one who is just satisfied by attractive football, I don’t mind a hard to beat team, who win a bit ugly.  I posted this earlier:

IMG_8899.thumb.jpeg.8aaa651cd6095cdf283fe633610a9ff1.jpeg.

This was before Nige was sacked, so that would answer existing staff issues.

Eustace had learned his trade, nice football, so on the flip-side of my Rowett argument, he’ll probably have a lot of support, probably more than Rowett.  But would probably have a harder transition with our squad.

Really tough one.

As per OSIB Twitter Space earlier, no manager is guaranteed.  We will all form our opinions to suit our agendas (not bad agendas).  I’ll get behind whoever, unless is Joey Barton.

Finally, I’ve only just read the announcement in detail.  Fleming appointed Interim HEAD-COACH, so assume we are going for a head-coach.  Don’t think that changes the candidates, but kinda feels like a dig at Nige being MANAGER.

I think I read earlier from one of the local reporters, that the Club wanted a more hands on Coach on the training ground, rather than a manager. 

If true, I've got mixed feelings about this. 

Man management especially with the Academy pathway being implemented so much, is essential with ' the kids' imo. Someone who's been there and understands it. 

Not just a coach giving ' tactics' so to speak, and no understanding of the people he's coaching. 

Coaching is one thing ... understanding each individual player, reading them and knowing what's right for them is essential imo. 

• Like 3

Of the names mentioned I'd probably prefer Eustace, but it's not like them arriving will suddenly fix a load of our injury problems, grow the squad, or solves any of the other issues we currently have. We're still going to be in the same position just with a load of added turmoil behind the scenes. I REALLY want to see if they get a load of money magically appear in January / the summer.

I'll still support them and the team, go to the games etc. but I'd be lying if I won't have a pretty bitter taste in my mouth for a while due to the way Pearson was treated. Let's hope this turns out to be a masterstroke by Lansdown... but if it does, I'll be putting it down to luck rather than judgement.

• Like 6