IGNORED

Sound of the City Oct 30th

REDOXO

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear from Steve again until his departing message when he sells the club.

At this point I think he's extremely hurt by all the criticism recieved by City fans, and I think he actually really dislikes a sizeable section of our fanbase.

But you reap what you sow, and the absolute DISRESPECT to Bristol City fans to turn up IN PERSON to speak to Bears rugby fans at the weekend, and then not even bothering to do a radio interview to explain the decision of sacking the first team football manager is beyond the ******* pale. 

It's over Steve.

Well, I think the feeling is fairly mutual now tbh. 

If he doesn't have the bollocks to own his decisions that's on him, he'd only be spouting utter shite anyway. 

He just needs to be a bit sharpish in selling up now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

He'll have been told not to go on, I'm sure of it.

I know there are a lot of rumours going around regarding him, but on this one point I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Almost certainly true, but equally he shouldn’t be making rash statements like that on twitter. He’s made himself look like a bit of a prat.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Switched off as soon as Tony Wilkins came on 😑

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Shame no-one else does. 

Meet him few years back, not the sharpest tool in the box.

6 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Loves the sound of his own voice doesn't he!

I noticed his profile on FB is actually a 'Public Figure' profile, full of followers from all over the world, i.e. fake/paid for ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear from Steve again until his departing message when he sells the club.

At this point I think he's extremely hurt by all the criticism recieved by City fans, and I think he actually really dislikes a sizeable section of our fanbase.

But you reap what you sow, and the absolute DISRESPECT to Bristol City fans to turn up IN PERSON to speak to Bears rugby fans at the weekend, and then not even bothering to do a radio interview to explain the decision of sacking the first team football manager is beyond the ******* pale. 

It's over Steve.

Well said. **** off and good riddance Lansdown.

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's over Steve.

Pretty sure SL wasn’t there to speak to Bears fans in person this weekend. I absolutely agree with the direction of your statement otherwise. 

26 minutes ago, westonred said:

Sound of the City very tame tonight I was hoping that there would be more texts read out from fans who are really genuinly p*ssed of with the situation and lack of interest shown by the Lansdowns for them to decline to go on the show tonight says everything.

Think Gary Owers was superb tonight….I think he spoke for us fans tonight.  Matt and Paul did their bit nicely, but a bit like when I was on last week, we aren’t media people, so are probably bordering on “playing a bit safe” when live on the radio.

But I enjoyed it tonight…Gary especially.

• Like 11

Just now, BertH said:

Pretty sure SL wasn’t there to speak to Bears fans in person this weekend. I absolutely agree with the direction of your statement otherwise. 

It was a fortnight ago, and from what I heard his Q&A lasted a whole 15 minutes! Apparently agreed to go on the podcast Bears Beyond The Gate in the new year!

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Someone asked Tinman if he had the balls to go on tonight. He said he did but now isn’t going on. 

change the lyrics to Tinman is a shitman

Actually he didn’t, he said why wouldn’t he - I took that as a “what’s this got to do with me” comment

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

It was a fortnight ago, and from what I heard his Q&A lasted a whole 15 minutes! Apparently agreed to go on the podcast Bears Beyond The Gate in the new year!

Of course he did, because based on current position the Bears are doing relatively well, so he’ll be able to swanny in and take credit for something.

Similar to how he runs BCFC, when there is credit to be had he’s front and centre. When the sh1t hits the fan, the ostrich routine appears.

I think a lot of City fans had been giving Lansdown the benefit of the doubt up until now because of the money he has pumped in, but the way the NP situation has been handled has pushed a lot of people into the “Lansdown out” camp.

Such a sad state of affairs. It could all have been so different if the bloke would put his ego to one side.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Yep, there’s bugger all been put out there by the club about what was said either - only outlet to report anything at all was Bristol24/7. 
Not trying to divert the topic but there are a few parallels to be drawn between the two “Revenue Streams.”

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Think Gary Owers was superb tonight….I think he spoke for us fans tonight.  Matt and Paul did their bit nicely, but a bit like when I was on last week, we aren’t media people, so are probably bordering on “playing a bit safe” when live on the radio.

But I enjoyed it tonight…Gary especially.

yes they were fair, probably a bit too balanced! :laugh:

Having a listen now. 

So an opportunity for the Lansdown's to go on the show and explain their reasons, and they decline. 

No doubt they've got wind of the fans reaction so it's either a) they are gutless or b) couldn't give a flying fk about the Supporters.

I'll put my money on the latter and if there wasn't reasons for wanting the owner to sell up before there certainly is now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Almost certainly true, but equally he shouldn’t be making rash statements like that on twitter. He’s made himself look like a bit of a prat.

To be accurate, the club has made him look a bit of a pratby not allowing him to speak.

Just as well really.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Switched off as soon as Tony Wilkins came on 😑

Glad it's not just me. He can't communicate very well. (Not saying I'd be any better, and hopefully none of their audio of me from 25+ years ago still exists). Thought @headhunter was decent, though I expect he triggered a few on here with his 'rolling one year contract' mantra 😀.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Rule The Waves said:

Of course he did, because based on current position the Bears are doing relatively well, so he’ll be able to swanny in and take credit for something.

Similar to how he runs BCFC, when there is credit to be had he’s front and centre. When the sh1t hits the fan, the ostrich routine appears.

Exactly mate, when we beat Man U in the cup you couldn't keep him off the radio and TV,  ....Sky, Points West, TalkSport, he was on everything.

• Like 4