IGNORED

Latest Odds

elhombrecito

Perhaps I’m being naive, but if Lansdown really wanted Robins and approached Cov, could it simply be a case that a smaller settlement fee is agreed if indeed Cov might be thinking of relieving Robins anyway due to poor start? 

Also lots of talk of City going for an unattached manager/coach, but perhaps we may look at someone doing well at L1 and agreeing a fee? 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought with the Rowett rumours last night, we’d hear stronger rumours today, bookies reducing odds, etc.

But there’s been nothing of note.

So, although I was prepping myself for Rowett, I’m now a bit confused what might be going on.

I think it’s definitely Rowett.

Fan’s reaction is meaning they can’t announce anyone now. No-one can go to Ashton Gate Saturday as manager or incoming coach given it’s going to be pretty toxic. Fleming will get this one, Rowett announced 6pm Saturday and gets QPR away and an intentional break whilst the Lansdowns nip down the Winchester.

That would be rational; so Steve will probably appoint Nathan Jones tomorrow and he’ll take charge Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 38MC said:

I think it’s definitely Rowett.

Fan’s reaction is meaning they can’t announce anyone now. No-one can go to Ashton Gate Saturday as manager or incoming coach given it’s going to be pretty toxic. Fleming will get this one, Rowett announced 6pm Saturday and gets QPR away and an intentional break whilst the Lansdowns nip down the Winchester.

That would be rational; so Steve will probably appoint Nathan Jones tomorrow and he’ll take charge Saturday. 

Superb post! That’s exactly how it will play out knowing Lansdown. Finger firmly not on the pulse of the fans. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought with the Rowett rumours last night, we’d hear stronger rumours today, bookies reducing odds, etc.

But there’s been nothing of note.

So, although I was prepping myself for Rowett, I’m now a bit confused what might be going on.

That's because this time our manager search is bigorous, which is like a vigorous search but even bigorer... :blink:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brad blit said:

Perhaps I’m being naive, but if Lansdown really wanted Robins and approached Cov, could it simply be a case that a smaller settlement fee is agreed if indeed Cov might be thinking of relieving Robins anyway due to poor start? 

Also lots of talk of City going for an unattached manager/coach, but perhaps we may look at someone doing well at L1 and agreeing a fee? 

Mate, if anyone is being naive here it’s Lansdown who has hands down let the fans down 👌and completely underestimated the reaction .. He now has to bring in a new manager that he can convince the fans, local and national media etc. that is a marked step up from where we were with Nige… the current list of candidates ain’t going to fly, even if you include Robins and as for someone from League one… he’s snookered himself. Although I’m not so naive to think that he actually gives a **** about the football club in isolation anymore, if he ever really did.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

so how many football clubs in the Championship make a profit?

I would guess none. It's a financial black hole.

Maybe Plymouth or Rotherham at a stretch. Plymouth were way down the playing budget list even in L1 last season. Rotherham yo-yo L1-L2 fairly happily without breaking the bank.

2 hours ago, extonsred said:

I cannot see why there is any interest in Robins... he's done ok at Coventry...but only OK...and now he seems to have peaked with them.  He's been a manager long time and hasn't really set the world alight...is a friend of SL...so....

Done okay?!  He’s taken them from league two to the championship play offs!  

That is a lot better than okay.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, brad blit said:

Luke Williams ?

L2

27 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Done okay?!  He’s taken them from league two to the championship play offs!  

That is a lot better than okay.

Which is an achievement. 

I worry that he’s spent over 20 Million this summer and are struggling though. If he does go over next couple of days, the dictator will try and get him, sure of it. 

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Which is an achievement. 

I worry that he’s spent over 20 Million this summer and are struggling though. If he does go over next couple of days, the dictator will try and get him, sure of it. 

He’s not got many transfers wrong in his time there.  They are better than their results and will turn it round I reckon. 12 games ago fans would have jumped at Robins.  I understand there is a tendency to focus heavily on recent games but you don’t become a bad manager in 12 games.  Whoever we appoint will have had a bad run at one point.  Not even sure he’s made bad signings, they just aren’t playing well right now. 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He’s not got many transfers wrong in his time there.  They are better than their results and will turn it round I reckon. 12 games ago fans would have jumped at Robins.  I understand there is a tendency to focus heavily on recent games but you don’t become a bad manager in 12 games.  Whoever we appoint will have had a bad run at one point.  Not even sure he’s made bad signings, they just aren’t playing well right now. 

They are actually playing very well just can't put the ball in the net (as we witnessed at AG) Sims has been a big disappointment for them

13 minutes ago, Jose said:

Which is an achievement. 

Well he won't be able to waste any money if he comes here!