IGNORED

Latest Odds

elhombrecito

I guess I'd go Eustace over Rowett. Eustace really should still be in work, his sacking was at least as unjust as Pearson's. Birmingham looked ok when we played them and he's "in credit" rather than on the scrap heap.

Not my first choice overall, but probably my choice from that list.

Edit: I suppose the argument for Rowett is that he got a limited Millwall side to outperform their wage budget and make the playoffs last season. Could he repeat the trick here? I'd argue not this season given our injury list, and then I'd argue that he wasn't repeating it this season at Millwall either, so in summary; probably not.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, red kev said:

Andy king? Cheap easy option!

I would honestly go King or Fleming until Christmas. A new manager right now would be drinking from a poisoned chalice - coming into a team where the fans want the old manager back and the squad is in tatters. They'll likely get off to a bad start, and fans could turn quick. Anyone coming in now, certainly from the above list, seems doomed to fail.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wybmadwity said:

... of the betting list Graham Potter is about the only one who would not be worse than Person.  Where do I vote?

Not for me. No doubt, Potter is an excellent coach/manager, but that’s the problem. If appointed and brings success, he’ll off to Prem in a flash and we’ll be back to square 1.

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I would honestly go King or Fleming until Christmas. A new manager right now would be drinking from a poisoned chalice - coming into a team where the fans want the old manager back and the squad is in tatters. They'll likely get off to a bad start, and fans could turn quick. Anyone coming in now, certainly from the above list, seems doomed to fail.

Whilst what you say is really unappealing, I am inclined to agree that it's the best option currently on the table. Fleming for a few games as things blow over would be fine by me. But if it's true that the board have already been making moves then it might make them look more incompetent if it now becomes a drawn out process and some of the options start going to other clubs.

26 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

What's Eustace ever achieved to be favourite?

Had a slightly decent spell at Birmingham in his only ever gig as a head coach, he has only ever been number 2 or caretaker elsewhere.

Still a huge gamble going for him but he would have to be a better shout than the failure that is Rowett..

Just now, Atticus said:

How many on their are an actual upgrade on Pearson?

Also. Judging by Jon's comments on his sacking, I'd expect top 6 minimum now as a remit for the job surely? It has to be that or face the sack, no exceptions. That's the bar that's been laid by the clowns. 

Indeed, don’t see any of them with NP’s quality of CV. Of that bunch Eustace is probably the least worst. 

22 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Not for me. No doubt, Potter is an excellent coach/manager, but that’s the problem. If appointed and brings success, he’ll off to Prem in a flash and we’ll be back to square 1.

That’s like any manager though mate . Until we get to the prem(Big ask) we will always have the possibility of managers being poached .

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Had a slightly decent spell at Birmingham in his only ever gig as a head coach, he has only ever been number 2 or caretaker elsewhere.

Still a huge gamble going for him but he would have to be a better shout than the failure that is Rowett..

Rowett who got Millwall 3 8th placed finishes did he not? Might be slightly inaccurate but Rowett is pretty proven at this level of improving teams. Did well at brum until the new owners sacked him. 

What are we classing as a failure and success for managers? Is it promotion? 

• Robin 1