IGNORED

Latest Odds

elhombrecito

6 hours ago, fisherrich said:

When you compare that list with Nigel Pearson - WTF is this football club doing?

I like Nigel Pearson and was surprised when I heard he had been sacked and thought he  was unfortunate with injuries but let's not pretend his tenure was fantastic full of scintillating exciting football some of the games were absolute dross and the home form was pretty poor in general. I suspect it's more to do with a bizarre extreme hatred some have developed for Steve and Jon  Lansdown rather than lamenting the departure of a manager with a very modest 32.6% win ratio.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 3

1 minute ago, ORANGE500 said:

I like Nigel Pearson and was surprised when I heard he had been sacked and thought he  was unfortunate with injuries but let's not pretend his tenure was fantastic full of scintillating exciting football some of the games were absolute dross and the home form was pretty poor in general. I suspect it's more to do with a bizarre extreme hatred some have developed for Steve and Jon  Lansdown rather than lamenting the departure of a manager with a very modest 32.6% win ratio.

In his time here can I ask how much did he spend on transfers in ???? and then how much did the club recieve for transfers out in his tenure?

11 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Get back to playing with your toys please Jon.

3 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Like Luke Williams maybe.

Youngish, very good reputation in the game and broke all sorts of records at Nott County.

Not my choice (I don't really have one atm) but I think he fits the bill for the Lansdowns.

If he's an option, how about Dave Challinor at Stockport who's achieved pretty much the same but has a bit more experience? Never failed as a manager (win percent 53.6)and if he could get young Louie Barry on-loan from Villa again all the better. Also he's got one qualification that no other prospective manager would have - a First Class degree in Physiotherapy, given the injury problems we perpetually have that could be very useful!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mason said:

In his time here can I ask how much did he spend on transfers in ???? and then how much did the club recieve for transfers out in his tenure?

Yes the club did receive  in relative terms a good revenue from transfer fees and only as yet a small percentage has been made available but those players (I assume you're alluding to Semenyo and Scott) were also here playing in teams that struggled to go beyond mid table. I was never a Pearson out at any stage but It just wasn't anything great, and there's been an  obvious agenda pursued by some to attack the Lansdowns' at every opportunity and this is just another stick to beat them with rather than as I previosly said lamenting the departure of a manager whose achievements at the club over almost 3 years were very modest.

15 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Yes the club did receive  in relative terms a good revenue from transfer fees and only as yet a small percentage has been made available but those players (I assume you're alluding to Semenyo and Scott) were also here playing in teams that struggled to go beyond mid table. I was never a Pearson out at any stage but It just wasn't anything great, and there's been an  obvious agenda pursued by some to attack the Lansdowns' at every opportunity and this is just another stick to beat them with rather than as I previosly said lamenting the departure of a manager whose achievements at the club over almost 3 years were very modest.

Great another pro Lansdown BS bot.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, mason said:

Probably close to 8-9m in 6-7 windows coming out of covid which not prolific but probably the envy of a fair few teams in the division. A number of high profile free transfers on decent wages like Naismith and James. 

Let’s not plead poverty here. Up until the Scott sale we backed NP as much as we could in the transfer market. Yes we sold good players because of things out of NP control but we haven’t been as clever in the market as we could have been and that’s what is holding us back more than anything. 

32% win rate but gets credit for slashing wage bill which had to be done. Promoted youth which had to be done with the amount of turnover. With the best ones already on the first team fringes. You’d have to question him if he didn’t play Scott really. 

I get why people angry he was sacked because of the situation. He didn’t really deserve it at this time. Also, like most of you, i don’t have much faith in getting someone even at the same level as NP. Just don’t think he is the messiah many on here seem to think he was for us. I’m excited for the change because there is now a chance i won’t be bored watching us play for throw ins in their third and being the slowest counter attacking team on the planet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Not my choice either but knows the club having been under 23s manager, was going to be part of the succession planning back in the day. Don't know what went wrong, prob a threat to LJ? 

Can see this happening.

Gary Owers mentioned him on SOTC tonight when asked about possible candidates.

Edited by E.G.Red

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Probably close to 8-9m in 6-7 windows coming out of covid which not prolific but probably the envy of a fair few teams in the division. A number of high profile free transfers on decent wages like Naismith and James. 

Let’s not plead poverty here. Up until the Scott sale we backed NP as much as we could in the transfer market. Yes we sold good players because of things out of NP control but we haven’t been as clever in the market as we could have been and that’s what is holding us back more than anything. 

32% win rate but gets credit for slashing wage bill which had to be done. Promoted youth which had to be done with the amount of turnover. With the best ones already on the first team fringes. You’d have to question him if he didn’t play Scott really. 

I get why people angry he was sacked because of the situation. He didn’t really deserve it at this time. Also, like most of you, i don’t have much faith in getting someone even at the same level as NP. Just don’t think he is the messiah many on here seem to think he was for us. I’m excited for the change because there is now a chance i won’t be bored watching us play for throw ins in their third and being the slowest counter attacking team on the planet. 

Pretty balanced post this and struggle to disagree with any of it but it just felt like it was on the verge of all coming together either with a bit more backing after Scott was sold or a year later than planned.

7 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Great another pro Lansdown BS bot.

I've been following Bristol City since 1990 but unlike you I have no agenda I just support the club but  I can acknowledge that the positive things the  current ownership have done far outweigh the negative like bankrolling a business than loses £300,000 a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, ORANGE500 said:

I've been following Bristol City since 1990 but unlike you I have no agenda I just support the club but  I can acknowledge that the positive things the  current ownership have done far outweigh the negative like bankrolling a business than loses £300,000 a week.

It’s not that much is it surely??!!!! £300k a week!!

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

In a weird way I so hope they had Rowett all lined up and following the backlash to NP's sacking he has told them to do one. Let the chuckle brothers sort that mess out. Over to you John.

I thought with the Rowett rumours last night, we’d hear stronger rumours today, bookies reducing odds, etc.

But there’s been nothing of note.

So, although I was prepping myself for Rowett, I’m now a bit confused what might be going on.

5 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

You really are him 😂😂

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

With Steve in money saving mode plus his love of rugby, I reckon Pat Lam will get the job.

He can do both jobs for one wage.

Not a lot (that I have seen anyway) has been related to the rugby and the fact that last season the Bears were absolutely beyond awful. It seems that ‘results’ don’t matter for Pat though! 

• Like 4