IGNORED

Latest Odds

elhombrecito

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

We need someone to take training, mate! And field those tricky questions from the Evening Post before Saturday's game. 

He'll be gone as soon the owner finds his new patsy.

Agh ok . The regime had a problem with only the Gaffa then !

2 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I don't want him anywhere near here as I remember how awful games against Birmingham were while he was in charge. Players apparently injured off the pitch, running to the halfway line then collapsing in a heap again, keepers taking five minutes to work out which side of the box to take a goal kick.

I'll quite easily find something else better to do than be subjected to that.

You do have to be winning though, to be in a position to be doing that. Which would make a change at Ashton Gate. (Only joking! - well, half, anyway!)

3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Rowett who got Millwall 3 8th placed finishes did he not? Might be slightly inaccurate but Rowett is pretty proven at this level of improving teams. Did well at brum until the new owners sacked him. 

What are we classing as a failure and success for managers? Is it promotion? 

While I don't want a manager with no experience of managing high-level football. The levels of success are more important to me than the experience in the division. Much rather we went for someone from obscuirty with outstanding success as their credentials as opposed to a Lampard, who's failed everywhere he's gone but got two premier league gigs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

How many on their are an actual upgrade on Pearson?

Also. Judging by Jon's comments on his sacking, I'd expect top 6 minimum now as a remit for the job surely? It has to be that or face the sack, no exceptions. That's the bar that's been laid by the clowns. 

well they should be braced for multiple compensation payouts when they realise its not achievable 

10 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

While I don't want a manager with no experience of managing high-level football. The levels of success are more important to me than the experience in the division. Much rather we went for someone from obscuirty with outstanding success as their credentials as opposed to a Lampard, who's failed everywhere he's gone but got two premier league gigs.

Agree with this, I want us to recruit a winner first and foremost, look at some of the managers who have gained promotion from the Championship in recent years and how much Championship experience they had before promotion.  If the list of candidates with Championship experience doesn't include a winner, then you need to look at other leagues for your man

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atticus said:

How many on their are an actual upgrade on Pearson?

Also. Judging by Jon's comments on his sacking, I'd expect top 6 minimum now as a remit for the job surely? It has to be that or face the sack, no exceptions. That's the bar that's been laid by the clowns. 

Trouble is Klopp and Pep are both employed elsewhere. Not sure who else could guarantee top 6. But then I'm sure crayonboy has a plan.

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Agree with this, I want us to recruit a winner first and foremost, look at some of the managers who have gained promotion from the Championship in recent years and how much Championship experience they had before promotion.  If the list of candidates with Championship experience doesn't include a winner, then you need to look at other leagues for your man

Like Luke Williams maybe.

Youngish, very good reputation in the game and broke all sorts of records at Nott County.

Not my choice (I don't really have one atm) but I think he fits the bill for the Lansdowns.

55 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Like Luke Williams maybe.

Youngish, very good reputation in the game and broke all sorts of records at Nott County.

Not my choice (I don't really have one atm) but I think he fits the bill for the Lansdowns.

Not my choice either but knows the club having been under 23s manager, was going to be part of the succession planning back in the day. Don't know what went wrong, prob a threat to LJ? 

Can see this happening.

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Not my choice either but knows the club having been under 23s manager, was going to be part of the succession planning back in the day. Don't know what went wrong, prob a threat to LJ? 

Can see this happening.

I’ve been asking for a price on him from skybet, not happen yet 🤔

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I guess I'd go Eustace over Rowett. Eustace really should still be in work, his sacking was at least as unjust as Pearson's. Birmingham looked ok when we played them and he's "in credit" rather than on the scrap heap.

Not my first choice overall, but probably my choice from that list.

Edit: I suppose the argument for Rowett is that he got a limited Millwall side to outperform their wage budget and make the playoffs last season. Could he repeat the trick here? I'd argue not this season given our injury list, and then I'd argue that he wasn't repeating it this season at Millwall either, so in summary; probably not.

I don’t want any of them! This is the most ridiculous waste of money! All we had to do was buy a couple more squad players in August! This is crazy!! However if I had to choose, I think I’d go for Eustace. But he’s hardly an upgrade is he. I’d sooner go abroad. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I don’t want any of them! This is the most ridiculous waste of money! All we had to do was buy a couple more squad players in August! This is crazy!! However if I had to choose, I think I’d go for Eustace. But he’s hardly an upgrade is he. I’d sooner go abroad. 

So would Jon Lansdown

• Like 1