IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

2 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Yep exactly that.

It appears we have some key players returning to training this week which makes it even harder for me to accept this decision. I fully believe Nige would have had us cooking again.

If Nige was in charge and we did beat Wednesday and then got a result against QPR they would have found it very difficult to get rid of him.

I honestly believe they were probably preying that Cardiff beat us, and then there wouldn't be such a backlash against them. 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Did he get Notts County to outperform what was expected of the squad at the level they are at?

That's the requirement here. Our squad is clearly not top 6 (whatever the owners think), and our wage budget certainly isn't (likely something around 12th, possibly even lower).

So we're looking for someone capable of making a squad be more than the sum of its parts. We need to coach these players to a level where they can consistently win against the odds, where we can outpost performances that are capable of delivering unexpected points.

Is that what he did at NC? Or where they a big fish in a small shitty pond?

Honest question as I don't really know.

I feel like it's a little bit of both, I think he did very well to hang on with the Hollywood money over at Wrexham in the NL but realistically those two teams were clearly at least a step above the others, and that might be putting it mildly.

Not that it matters much now since it looks like Eustace is the guy. 😅

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RobinTuga said:

I feel like it's a little bit of both, I think he did very well to hang on with the Hollywood money over at Wrexham in the NL but realistically those two teams were clearly at least a step above the others, and that might be putting it mildly.

Not that it matters much now since it looks like Eustace is the guy. 😅

And, I think Eustace probably did have Birmingham over performing the wage bill...maybe slightly?

He certainly got them to perform against a background of off the field chaos and incompetence, so that's probably a plus.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Incredibly uninspiring to go from Pearson to Eustace, if it is him. Nowhere near enough on his CV to justify the switch.

LJ the second. What SL knows best 

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Or why not give him a chance, this whole situation is not his doing.

Not his fault but he’s on to a hiding if he has a bad start. Good luck. 

28 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Well if there's anyone with more chance of getting us up than Nige it's the bloke with a single season of managerial experience above conference level where he finished 17th in the championship.

Tbf, he did well to get Birmingham to 17th, with the state they were in.

Nevertheless, I'm struggling to see how he's an upgrade from a footballing perspective. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Tbf, he did well to get Birmingham to 17th, with the state they were in.

Nevertheless, I'm struggling to see how he's an upgrade from a footballing perspective. 

Absolutely.

Of the three names initially mentioned he'd be my preference and I'll support him if he gets the job, it's just in the context of the comments around Pearson's sacking that I'm struggling with!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Not the most exciting pick but can understand why you would go for Eustace, someone who has good knowledge of the division and has worked with a limited budget. It does look like from interviews and brum fans opinions that they had formed a strong team spirit there, hopefully that wasn't a one off.

Don't remember the football being particularly great back in August but same with most champ teams and they clearly outplayed us especially 2nd half if I recall. Would be interested to know whether he played many academy players in the last year because I think he will have to here? 

Also hope the ownership can drop their disappearing act as well that might help the rest of the staff to have a better chance of succeeding this time around, after avoiding the last manager I hope every effort is made to make Eustace a success.

Pearson was absolutely stitched up and I sadly won’t be stepping into Ashton Gate again until I hear something from the club that fully justifies the sacking of Nigel and his team. I am not fooled by the two poorly edited video posts from the two clowns earlier today. Someone grow a pair of balls and put yourself in front of the fans and press for a proper Q&A session. Unfortunately this won’t happen. So good luck Mr Eustace you will need it!! Really hope the players decide to play for you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Either Shags or Kid stated he was 100% not in the running.

Shags also implied Rowett was the choice as he was the only one we spoke to before sacking Pearson. KITR obviously has some knowledge, but is often far from correct.

I think they would both admit they are not always 100%, no matter how much faith some people place in them

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mason said:

Do something or do nothing, something= tennis balls on pitch,shout/sing abuse at SL/JL, dont go, go but arrive late/leave earlier,protest banners,buy nothing inside ground,many other suggestions made elsewhere; or do nothing= sit down shut up, dont post another word against SL/JL except let them know its ok to carry on and do just what they like.

Me I have followed my club all over since 66/67 but I will not pay to watch with these 2 taking us around and around; build/sell/knockdown and repeat; living now in the hope they will soon take themselves and BS far away.

Many chances have been and gone since SC but they constantly shy away from taking that final step, preferring to sell the best/change managers rather than make the step up.

FFP has been a factor at various times, the question is risk v reward too.

Then how long can you block the path of a player when a PL club comes in before they become disgruntled.

Maybe it'll be some blockbuster appointment that none of us see coming. One of the folllowing:

Bielsa, Hassenhuttl, Lopetegui or Potter.

I'd still think Pearson merited the opportunity to see what be could do with some money medium to long term and as injuries returned hopefully short term, at least 3 of those are out of work.

In practice though would any of those remotely be happy to work under Tinnion for one.

Whether I believe any of the above, of just trying to post positivity to lighten the mood..

I imagine it'll be someone uninspiring, inexperienced or both.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe it'll be some blockbuster appointment that none of us see coming. One of the folllowing:

Bielsa, Hassenhuttl, Lopetegui or Potter.

I'd still think Pearson merited the opportunity to see what be could do with some money medium to long term and as injuries returned hopefully short term, at least 3 of those are out of work.

In practice though would any of those remotely be happy to work under Tinnion for one.

I'd confidently like to add these 4 to the 'out of the running' list please.

• Haha 7