IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

6 minutes ago, Hazelboy said:

I'd confidently like to add these 4 to the 'out of the running' list please.

Oh please do!

Would shake the malaise just a bit, but yeah..feels like we need something big but can't see it.

Club just feels in a rut atm. Drift and now best manager we've had in years has been sacked senselessly.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

I'm getting the impression the longer this goes on that Tinnion's cunning plan has backfired somewhat. If you are going to have the 'balls' to sack a manager that everyone apart from you can see is doing a good job in difficult circumstances at least have a coach lined up to announce as his replacement. To leave a void leading up to two crucial fixtures (lose them and we are looking well and truly downwards) is downright negligent.

As someone on another thread said, if I was Curtis Fleming I would do the press conference for the Wednesday game, tell it how it is and then tell the Lansdowns to stick their club where the sun don't shine.

• Like 7
  • Flames 3

36 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe it'll be some blockbuster appointment that none of us see coming. One of the folllowing:

Bielsa, Hassenhuttl, Lopetegui or Potter.

I'd still think Pearson merited the opportunity to see what be could do with some money medium to long term and as injuries returned hopefully short term, at least 3 of those are out of work.

In practice though would any of those remotely be happy to work under Tinnion for one.

Whether I believe any of the above, of just trying to post positivity to lighten the mood..

I imagine it'll be someone uninspiring, inexperienced or both.

It’s like a monstrous edition of the Masked Singer. Jonathan Ross guesses Taylor Swift or Beyoncé, but it always turns out to be the barmaid from Emmerdale.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2

46 minutes ago, mason said:

Brighton; 7th in prem, well established

Brentford 10th prem, play some good stuff

C Palace in prem; didnt we beat them in the play offs once

Forest; just F.F.S how have they left us behind

Wolves; werent we right up behind them near the top of the championship once.

Wont mention the likes of Bournemouth/Burnley who we played regularly on there way up to the top div.

Point being ffp or not we should be up there with these teams right now; as for the players, if we were up challenging the top six and top 2 for a season or two they wouldnt be in such a rush to join Bournemouth etc as they would see we were seriously making a challenge ourselves.

We lack ambition and SL`s poor judgements have us going around and around, it wont make any difference, who ever takes over as manager, as we will cash in on our best players and get only the same promises of better things to come.......................

Let's forget Bournemouth for a moment, they went up in breach in 2015 and benefited from PL and Parachute Payments ever since. Thereby smoothing their path back up.

Nottingham Forest are historically a bigger club, won the playoffs. Well done- we never quite pushed it to the level but was quite important that they went up.

Crystal Palace are probably historically bigger than us. The big fail was Hull 2008 but more accurately the failure to strengthen correctly in January 2008 when flying.

Burnley, hit on the crest of a wave in 2009 and unlike when we hit the wall after losing a Cup semi final in 2018, they actually went on and won the playoffs that season.

Thereafter Parachute Payments and PL money have helped them greatly, superbly run too for a good chunk of that period.

Brighton and Brentford did well. Are impressive, Brighton for their infrastructure in place some time before us.

Brentford I dunno, traded excellently..but then the players they signed we could have signed, they were not that expensive a lot of them or a vastly different profile.

Wolves are a historically bigger club but you might want to check again how they attracted some of those they did. We didn't have Mendes helping to supply players and an ex Valencia and Porto boss to help coach them!!

Our contacts in 2017 were what? Lee Johnson as head coach and who? Mark Ashton? Ffs.

Were we looking at players like Maupay, Benramha, Watkins, Jensen, Norgaard etc when they were affordable. Doubtful!

Pukki on a free to Norwich, Klich to Leeds why not to us.

Giving Lee Johnson the budget and letting him sign or even try and mould a lot of the players we had into a cohesive unit? Big mistake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I'm getting the impression the longer this goes on that Tinnion's cunning plan has backfired somewhat. If you are going to have the 'balls' to sack a manager that everyone apart from you can see is doing a good job in difficult circumstances at least have a coach lined up to announce as his replacement. To leave a void leading up to two crucial fixtures (lose them and we are looking well and truly downwards) is downright negligent.

As someone on another thread said, if I was Curtis Fleming I would do the press conference for the Wednesday game, tell it how it is and then tell the Lansdowns to stick their club where the sun don't shine.

Probably the first time in history Tinnion has ever featured in a sentence containing the word “cunning”.

Not the first time- Tinnion featuring in a sentence containing the word “dense”.

21 minutes ago, mason said:

Condensed version; SL has messed up with his choices, which is why they are where they are and we are still here, forever going around and around

Probably January 2008 the big opportunity when FFP didn't exist. Other than that..your post is somewhat reductive.

Why didn't we try and scout people like those I listed. Mind you perhaps Lee Johnson wouldn't have seen them flourish under his tenure.

Not entirely his blame, look at the Ashton Vale fiasco.

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably the first time in history Tinnion has ever featured in a sentence containing the word “cunning”.

Not the first time- Tinnion featuring in a sentence containing the word “dense”.

I was going to replace Tinnion with Baldrick but guessed people may realise what a 'dense' decision maker I was talking about.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe it'll be some blockbuster appointment that none of us see coming. One of the folllowing:

I'd still think Pearson merited the opportunity to see what be could do with some money medium to long term and as injuries returned hopefully short term, at least 3 of those are out of work.

In practice though would any of those remotely be happy to work under Tinnion for one.

Whether I believe any of the above, of just trying to post positivity to lighten the mood..

Bielsa manages Uruguay doesn't he?

1 hour ago, mason said:

You mean the fiasco where SL said along the lines of; redevelopment was out of the question and then redeveloped? asked for opinions on the new redeveloped Eastend Stand then did what he wanted anyway.

While I`m on was there ever any poll/meet/ discussion on the his dream of Bristol Sport or was that just because he could? asking for a friend.

We first went for Ashton Vale in 2007.

We had at least one public inquiry. Dunno if the 2nd was ever heard...how long should we have kept pushing on Ashton Vale? Almost 6 years between the announcement of plans and the Plan B. ie November 2007 to September or October 2013.

The redeveloped East End, I will have to look back at.

50 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Bielsa manages Uruguay doesn't he?

Yes, good spot. Cross him and tbh them all off. It'll probably be someone uninspiring, vastly inexperienced or both.

• Like 1

I think we will announce the new head coach late tomorrow or early Friday. With the line that Curtis will take the team on the weekend and the new coach will watching from the stands.  They don’t want to appoint to early as they would have to lead the team on the weekend and with the potential hostility best to let it simmer out a little.

• Like 1

To be fair promotion can mean many things.

It can mean winning the title.

Finishing 2nd having been strong throughout.

A charge to 2nd, ie failing that comfortably 3rd or 4th and winning the playoffs.

Or scraping into the playoffs final day, 6th place and winning.

Much else in between as well.

I assume when they say promotion, they mean the lottery of the play-offs and winning them.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

To be fair promotion can mean many things.

It can mean winning the title.

Finishing 2nd having been strong throughout.

A charge to 2nd, ie failing that comfortably 3rd or 4th and winning the playoffs.

Or scraping into the playoffs final day, 6th place and winning.

Much else in between as well.

I assume when they say promotion, they mean the lottery of the playoffs.

Not really guv, promotion means promotion. It’s a tangible thing.  

They think this team should be in the Premier league next season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I honestly think the only chance for the foreseeable of promotion for a non Parachute Payments club will be the playoffs.

From 2019-20 to present, just 1 side has broken the top 2 who aren't in receipt of Parachute Payments which was Bielsa's Leeds in 2019-20.

Ipswich may yet split this but do they have the longevity. If not, Leeds especially will step up.

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Jon been passing the waccy baccy around.

He's gonna get grounded by Dad when he finds out :mafia:

27 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Been giving this some thought and the club seem to have tried all kinds of different coaching setups so i think the only one left to try is the junior football coaching model where one of the players parents steps up into the role.

Thoughts? 🤔

DaveFevs for me.

On 01/11/2023 at 15:39, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think your last sentence summed it up perfectly.