IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

20 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Put this on another thread but, whilst I’m not necessarily suggesting it will be this guy, this is the level of profile I’d expect for a non-German German-connected manager who we were after and was up for coming to us:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kenan-kocak/profil/trainer/17833

Unfortunately, in so far as it concerns the calibre of profile, I fear you are probably correct.

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I’m just amazed and perhaps maybe a little worried that there is currently 0 media coverage on a supposedly imminent appointment. 
Either we’re now very good at keeping a lid on things, making a complete left field appointment or we’re in fact nowhere near bringing a new HC in. I’m leaning towards to latter if the past is anything to go by.

Increases the chances of someone from abroad imo - agents and media less likely to talk/have connections. As good or not as we might be at keeping a lid on things there are usually enough moving parts that something comes out. We've had basically nothing since the start!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nugget said:

To be fair Nigel’s appointment was pretty out the blue from memory 

I do remember Percy reporting on it before it was announced. It is weird we have heard virtually nothing on it the past week.

Just don’t get the feeling something is imminent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Kid is quite sure there is a German connection, without the new incumbent actually being German.

Oliver Glasner (Austrian) would be amazing, but surely out of our league,

When he left Eintracht Frankfurt, I was pretty sure he would get another job in the Bundesliga, but he has now been without a club since the end of last season.

Bo Svennson (Danish) has only very recently left Mainz, although surely he could get a better position than with us.

Additionally, someone mentioned earlier that we might need a translator for our new HC, which wouldn’t be the case here as his English is excellent.

In short, I should be delighted with either, but am extremely sceptical that we will get one of them.

Depends on what kind of link the German element is I suppose.

Uwe Rosler springs to mind - at Aarhus (AGF) in Denmark.

6 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Surely Fleming can’t of gone then, if no appointment is imminent. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Multiple people reporting Fleming has already gone.. unless that is complete BS which it could well be!

I’ve no idea if true or not, but wouldn’t shock me at all if they just wanted him out so that Hines & Cisse can take charge of training themselves this week 

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Put this on another thread but, whilst I’m not necessarily suggesting it will be this guy, this is the level of profile I’d expect for a non-German German-connected manager who we were after and was up for coming to us:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kenan-kocak/profil/trainer/17833

I used chat GPT to send me a list of managers out of work with German second tier experience who weren’t German and out of the 4 names it spat back at me, this was by far the most likely! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I used chat GPT to send me a list of managers out of work with German second tier experience who weren’t German and out of the 4 names it spat back at me, this was by far the most likely! 

Yeah - I only had a cursory add extremely unscientific look at non-German Bundesliga 2 managers who had left jobs in the last two seasons on Wikipedia but this was the only one I saw that felt like he fitted what I guessed we might be after from the messages the clubs have put out. That said, I know nothing about him!

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

IMO ........His record is probably 2 good appointments out of 18?   i am fully prepared to be challenged on those figures........be interesting to see the other opinions?  😍

The two Johnson appointments were not that bad compared to some we could mention. Maybe JL is after the hat-trick and will recruit Pete Johnson?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1