IGNORED

John Eustace

Ziderarmy

They are just relying on the so called predictable fans turning up to support the team whatever and spend their moneys on overpriced food and beer thinking ok.. we will lose a few of them but the deluded will still turn up as they always do nothing better to do and already got their season tickets… 

They are in for a massive shock!!

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Totally agree but what experienced, proven manager is going to come here and be told that his Director of Football is a nobody who had a decent left foot and had one stab at management and completely screwed it up but then brown nosed his way to a position of power and oversaw the sacking of a manager who built a Premier league winning squad and was the most popular manager we'd had for years? 

For the second time. 

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

While waiting to see if this is true and knowing little about JE I had a little look around.

First thing I stumbled across was ironic…..Birmingham City have released a lengthy statement to their supporters explaining their decisions for sacking manager John Eustace.

He will celebrate his 44th birthday on 3 November.

As a central midfielder he played for Coventry City , Dundee United, Middlesborough, Stoke City, Hereford, Watford and Derby County.

After two-year managerial reign at Kidderminster Harriers (including two play-off campaigns) https://youtu.be/3jt5LzxLzQQ?si=odStzlbajAZ_xeAy he moved to QPR where he was Steve McClaren’s assistant. The currently empty managers seat at Loftus Road has fueled speculation he might be heading back there.

He left QPR when Beale took over, at the time QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “John has been the ultimate professional from the moment he joined us four years ago. He has a fantastic attitude and is an incredibly hard-working individual.”

He succeeded Lee Bowyer as head coach of  Birmingham City in July 2022. His first managerial role in the football league, he signed a three-year contract.

On 9 October 2023, he was sacked with the club citing the importance of the board of directors and management being fully aligned on the culture of the football club as the reason behind the decision. An impressive start to the season had seen the club sitting in sixth position with eighteen points from eleven matches.

Some have pointed out that Eustace overachieved with Blues in the previous campaign, recoding their best Championship finish since 2016 although they had been tipped for relegation, but he kept them up with relative ease, and built a decent team despite so many off-field issues. He certainly started this season well and worked with many young players at Brum.

Was this the statement you were referring to @Jerseybean

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/club-statement-john-eustace

I was trying to get my head around what they could have meant by this - are they suggesting that Eustace did not have a winning mentality and lacked ambition? Almost libellous for a football manager you would think. 

It is essential that the Board of Directors and the football management are fully aligned on the importance of implementing a winning mentality and a culture of ambition across the entire Football Club.

With this in mind, Birmingham City has today parted company with Head Coach, John Eustace.

Let's hope if it is Eustace or whoever..

A) "What football makes, football can spend".

B) No new additions in January without outgoings, save for if we wish to, making Gardner-Hickman permanent.

C) Free agents suggested by the club at best (not that Ayala necessarily a bad shout tbh).

Etc. On the same terms as NP, not just January hut no more football budget than the quantity for those departing and the uplift in TV money for next year.

7 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Some really short memories in here.

Tinman, who nearly left as a player after getting spat at in the town centre to Port Vale iirc in about 1993.

Then after that defeat which is like 20 years ago, took himself off to Spain to run a youth project that linked up with a Spanish segunda League team to help Prem and football league players back into football.

Then came back helped shape an academy that in recent times probs has close to 100 mil in player sales , has provided pathways to playing for many others.

Then there was outcry in him being poached in the not to distant past.

But yeah, let's go nuts and judge him in one interview because you were pissed our old manager got sacked.

I'm not even a big Tinnion fan girl 

You still on here?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, daored said:

I agree , think he’s the one they want , worked with the younger players knows the club and I assume Tinnion. Wouldn’t have thought much to get him out of club with compensation?

Not sure about that. I think Notts C, who are far from skint and doing v well in the league, are going to want a serious amount of compensation for him.

2 minutes ago, bristol red said:

They are just relying on the so called predictable fans turning up to support the team whatever and spend their moneys on overpriced food and beer thinking ok.. we will lose a few of them but the deluded will still turn up as they always do nothing better to do and already got their season tickets… 

They aren't. 

They are right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bristol red said:

If only!

They will still be there.

11 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Tinman, who nearly left as a player after getting spat at in the town centre to Port Vale iirc in about 1993.

Then after that defeat which is like 20 years ago, took himself off to Spain to run a youth project that linked up with a Spanish segunda League team to help Prem and football league players back into football.

Then came back helped shape an academy that in recent times probs has close to 100 mil in player sales , has provided pathways to playing for many others.

But yeah, let's go nuts and judge him in one interview because you were pissed our old manager got sacked.

I find the Tins thing probably the most astounding thing in this whole circus of spleen venting nonsense.

What next? Scott Murray to be deported back to Scotland for not cutting up the kit in protest?

P.s it was in Yate that he got spat at whilst shopping with his Mrs.His form was off at the time.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I find the Tins thing probably the most astounding thing in this whole circus of spleen venting nonsense.

What next? Scott Murray to be deported back to Scotland for not cutting up the kit in protest?

You 2 are spot on.

There are some really poorly educated football fans on this forum 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Robin 1

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

P.s it was in Yate that he got spat at whilst shopping with his Mrs.His form was off at the time.

I get that for those who wanted this, they won’t be angry, but the idea that the fans are the circus, blimey. 

9 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

If you were Mark Robins, would you quit Coventry City to join Bristol City?? 

Mark Robins is the nearest thing to any chance of success under Lansdown, because he is the manager that he has always wanted. 

He's not the best person for the job (because Lansdown has just got rid of him), but he is decent enough to achieve something, and he's the only one that Lansdown would stick by come hell or high water. 

Not that I will be there to see it. I hope he never gets him. I hope he ****s off. 

Tomorrow.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

If this is true?    What a let down.    A club like ours should be casting its net widely all over Europe to find a young progressive tracksuit coach, like a Farke or Frank type (Yes i know that is a cliche).....but that is exactly what this club needs?   Instead we take the easy option off of the merry go round of sacked managers.....no ambition no foresight?   If we were intending to get rid of NP, why didn't we spend a few months looking at possible replacements, vetting them, researching them, and talking to candidates?    Instead it's a case of who's out of job, and is gonna be grateful to be employed, and lets make sure he is a YES man who won't upset anyone?    It is all so very tedious IMO.

Don't get this comparison.

Ironically think Eustaces situ at Brum reminded me very much of what NP has done here. Only have to look at what's happened since they got "the name" in, for context of the job he did.

Many of those clubs have links to the continent that led to said appointments. We have one of the most Brexit ownerships models in the league by comparison.

Would understand this view (puppet, easy option, merry-go-round) much more if it was Rowett or Dean Smith, but it isnt. Its a manager who did one very good job, his only job, at this level in mostly very challenging circumstances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

I get that for those who wanted this, they won’t be angry, but the idea that the fans are the circus, blimey. 

I didn't want this dismissal but it may possibly be a positive step , impossible to know either way yet - but the reaction on here is as big a circus as the dismissal.

Let's see in the next few weeks how it all pans out and exactly what ongoing protests there actually are?

It's very easy for people to say that they won't go to BS3 when they already don't go to BS3. Why would someone who has genuinely given up supporting City spend their time on OTIB ? 

As for the alleged "season ticket holders"  also so say refusing to continue their support - strange no one is selling their cards  on here. For the right price, they'll be takers. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

When Tinnion was going to be 'poached' he was in a very different role to what he is doing now which is a key bit of context...

I haven't seen anybody dispute the work Tinnion has done in terms of helping to build the pathway and a streamlined club from top to bottom.

He's now gone from  that where he was very successful to essentially running the entire football opetstion, something he's spectacularly failed at before.

So people have every right to judge him on what he's doing here and now and judge him on the criteria that's relevant 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We are higher in the league and he has a relation with SL and would have played with Tinnion during his loan spell. Has been at Cov a long time. 

Deranged.

Lay off the Katy mate.

I’m not using my season ticket until the  reptiles in charge are gone. 
The very best of luck to the next patsy who takes charge of the shit show that is BCFC 👍

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Tinnion afaik and quite happy to be corrected has been involved in the youth coaching and technical side since the likes of Tommy Doherty came through.

He's what, been in the new job for two minutes and you'll not hear many going what a crappy job with recruitment, barring we could have done with 2 more.

He's never been Technical Director before,so your comparison is perhaps somewhat blighted by anger and remains stuck on one result 19 years ago 

And the frankly pathetic interview earlier.

Tinnion living the Peter Principle to please the Lansdowns.

Brian Tinnion made himself look like 10lb of shit in a 5lb bag, and he didn’t even know it. That should be a concern for every City fan.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, eardun said:

Was this the statement you were referring to @Jerseybean

https://www.bcfc.com/news/all/club-statement-john-eustace

I was trying to get my head around what they could have meant by this - are they suggesting that Eustace did not have a winning mentality and lacked ambition? Almost libellous for a football manager you would think. 

It is essential that the Board of Directors and the football management are fully aligned on the importance of implementing a winning mentality and a culture of ambition across the entire Football Club.

With this in mind, Birmingham City has today parted company with Head Coach, John Eustace.

Yep, that’s it I spotted it elsewhere though, https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12614509/Birmingham-release-789-word-statement-explaining-sacked-John-Eustace-claim-decision-allowed-incoming-manager-time-evaluate-squad-January-Wayne-Rooney-set-charge.html